EoD Elementalist Elite Spec Concept

De Bourgogne.9642

That will probably not happen but I wanna share it since I think it is really cool.

So with overload and mixed attunements mechanics exhausted I think there really isn't many other ideas how to make a new Elementalist Elite spec. You can add another attunement but that is kinda not that exciting.

So what if new elite spec would actually change your current attunements into completely new 'elements'. These new elements would be Dark, Light, Ethereal, Undead and it would change your old weapon skills with what kind of boons/conditions they apply (based on already existing auras) and they would change visually but how skills itself work would stay the same. For example dagger 2 in fire would be breathing some dark energy that applies torment.

Fire would become Dark and instead of burning it would apply torment but still grant might. Water which is opposite element of fire would become Light (opposite of dark) and instead of giving regeneration it would give retaliation, it would still apply vulnerability but chill replaced with slow. Ethereal would replace Air and instead of weakness, blind and vulnerability it would apply confusion and give random boons (like chaos aura does). Earth would be replaced with Undead (which is kinda opposite of Ethereal since ethereal means something heavenly and undead is far from heaven) and bleeding would be replaced with poison and resistance boon instead of protection. Now 3 of these elements have their own aura already dark light and chaos aura, undead would either get a new aura which would apply poison on hit or grant resistance or both or it just wouldn't have an aura.

The elemental and arcane talent trees (basically core trees) would be similarly adapted when using this new elite spec. For example trait that gives you boons on swap would give you new different boons on swapping to this new elements for example might, retaliation, random boon (out of swiftness, regen, aegis), resistance, the talent that gives you 33% chance to put condis on enemy on crit would now apply torment, vulnerability, confusion, poison. Than for example lighting rod proc would give apply 5 stacks of confusion instead of weakness. In Water (now Light) instead of cleansing on regeneration it would cleanse whenever you grant retaliation. I didn't really think about how to change every trait but I hope you get the idea.

Now for the weapon it would be longbow or shortbow both are fine. In Ethereal one of the skills would grant you invisibility, maybe you would have chaos aura or ethereal field which you can leap for aura. In Light you would have a block (on bow I know lol). Basically these new elements would kinda have visual flavour and how skills actually work of other professions (Dark = Corruption Revenant, Light = Guardian, Ethereal = Mesmer, Undead = Necromancer). New heal, utilities and elite I didn't think much about. Maybe one utility could be a new conjure weapon combining all 4 new elements.

Not sure how good or bad this spec would be in any of the gamemodes and it would probably be really hard to make since it would partially change all core talents and it would require visual rework for all the old weapons and it would have to change some utility skills as well. In a way this spec is also really boring since it is just core ele with new weapon and visual rework of old weapon skills. I guess builds would change in PvP since you would apply different conditions and Air (now Ethereal) would be condition attunement which was before power attunement. And Light would probably become main power damage attunement (previous water which was supportive).

The element replace idea is neat but things like “ethereal” aren’t elements at all. If we got swaps to existing ones I might expect dark and light like you said (or creation and destruction), but earth could be life (as in swap dust and stone for vines and plants), and air for something like mind or speed

Also a new element would totally be interesting, they should add energy

I don't think new elements as attunment is reasonnable option. Even if it's just modifying minor effect on the preexistent weapon skill, the amount of work needed is just to big.

Personnally, I'd prefer if the e-spec allowed the elementalist to specialize into an element.You get an F5 (only modifiable while out of combat, Let's call it primary attunment) that allow you to lock your attunment (skillset/glyphs) to a chosen element while F1-F2-F3-F4 (secondary attunment) only allow to proc the core traits they are associated with. Obviously that mean that the weaponswap would be now available while in combat for this e-spec.

The trade would be less weapon skill flexibility for more weapon range flexibility.

@Dadnir.5038 said:I don't think new elements as attunment is reasonnable option. Even if it's just modifying minor effect on the preexistent weapon skill, the amount of work needed is just to big.

Personnally, I'd prefer if the e-spec allowed the elementalist to specialize into an element.You get an F5 (only modifiable while out of combat, Let's call it primary attunment) that allow you to lock your attunment (skillset/glyphs) to a chosen element while F1-F2-F3-F4 (secondary attunment) only allow to proc the core traits they are associated with. Obviously that mean that the weaponswap would be now available while in combat for this e-spec.

The trade would be less weapon skill flexibility for more weapon range flexibility.

Yeah I agree I don't expect them to do that.

I think maybe your idea could be changed to where attunement swaps have like a minute long cooldown (effected by arcane trait cooldown reduction) but you can swap weapons on normal cooldown. New elite skills would just reset your attunement cooldowns kinda like how Guardian resets tomes with Renewed Focus but instead of invun it could perform a powerful skill that is based on your attunement you are in when using it. Skills on new weapon would be more versatile and they wouldn't go into this attunement is supportive, this one defensive, this one condi, this one power but they would all have most of that. It would be pretty busted in PvP hahah.