Can Spectate Mode Please Be Enabled For Everyone? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Can Spectate Mode Please Be Enabled For Everyone?

Spectating ATs enjoyable and let's us follow which matches/fights/players we want. Why is this not enabled for everyone?

Answers

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2021

back in MY day (insert tired gw1 reference here)

te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

• Filip.7463Filip.7463 Member ✭✭

It shouldn’t be enabled for anyone. Also for streamers - some players might not like to share their gameplay/builds.

• No, its to easy to exploit! END OF

• Tycura.1982Tycura.1982 Member ✭✭✭✭

How dare you ask for basic quality of life functions

• snoow.1694snoow.1694 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2021

I was thinking the same a few days ago while watching MightyTeapots AT stream. In Guild Wars 1 EVERYONE could watch the matches and it was a big reason why PvP was bigger relative to other game modes when compared to Guild Wars 2. I don't know how after all those years this hasn't been reworked.

And to the "exploiting" argument - just add a one minute delay to the matches the public will be able to see and the problem is solved. I am not sure but I think spectating in Guild Wars 1 acutally had a delay of a few minutes (not sure if intended or not)

Balance Patch every 6 weeks kappa

• Filip.7463Filip.7463 Member ✭✭

@snoow.1694 said:
    I was thinking the same a few days ago while watching MightyTeapots AT stream. In Guild Wars 1 EVERYONE could watch the matches and it was a big reason why PvP was bigger relative to other game modes when compared to Guild Wars 2. I don't know how after all those years this hasn't been reworked.

And to the "exploiting" argument - just add a one minute delay to the matches the public will be able to see and the problem is solved. I am not sure but I think spectating in Guild Wars 1 acutally had a delay of a few minutes (not sure if intended or not)

Mighty is also streaming his matches with delay