Power Scourge (PvP) Returns — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Necromancer

Power Scourge (PvP) Returns

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_PowerScourge
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSAFcsFaYZGsN2BjjZij0z7rC-z5gfGZKFSYFoyB

Anet thought they could squash my brilliance by inadvertently nerfing Blood Magic (unintentionally)! They were not prepared for the levels of amazing I was willing to go in order to create unique and perfectly plausible set-ups!

Old video of me squashing down a Power Reaper. Enjoy.

Comments

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Exactly what I expected. A "kitten is a dodge?" reaper facetanking all you throw at him and you barely outsustain him.

    Great build! It is only outshined by your 480p video resolution.

  • Dirame.8521Dirame.8521 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2021

    @KrHome.1920 said:
    Exactly what I expected. A "kitten is a dodge?" reaper facetanking all you throw at him and you barely outsustain him.

    Great build! It is only outshined by your 480p video resolution.

    You are really bad at constructive criticism.

    The guy got caught off-guard and got outplayed. What can I say? And I would have easily out-sustained him if I pressed all the buttons at once. I didn't feel it necessary because I was winning.

  • Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I objectively wouldn't see myself playing a build like that in a PvP environment. In open PvE, I can see myself do it thought. The death magic traitline feeding on the vuln building of the axe/focus is a pretty creative developpement (It lead to an interesting synergy).

    Just one thing, wouldn't herald of sorrow be a more interesting choice than desert empowerment? I mean 1k barrier every 10s on average don't feel expecially exciting while you could just time your spectral grasp along herald of sorrow burst.

  • Dirame.8521Dirame.8521 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2021

    @Dadnir.5038 said:
    I objectively wouldn't see myself playing a build like that in a PvP environment. In open PvE, I can see myself do it thought. The death magic traitline feeding on the vuln building of the axe/focus is a pretty creative developpement (It lead to an interesting synergy).

    Just one thing, wouldn't herald of sorrow be a more interesting choice than desert empowerment? I mean 1k barrier every 10s on average don't feel expecially exciting while you could just time your spectral grasp along herald of sorrow burst.

    Thank you for the constructive criticism! I really do appreciate it. Now with regards to desert empowerment. I have found it is the difference between having 3 condi cleanses on 1 skill or having -3. Because gaining barrier with my shades synergizes with Abrasive Grit. Also I had found the multihit on Shroud #5 to be better for proccing things and removing blind

  • Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2021

    Use Herald of Sorrow.
    The larger amount of Shield and Anti melee deterrent should allow yu to comfortably kite dumb melee builds that think just by rolling Reaper they are opgg and can run things over.

    I personally run a variant of this using Feed from Corruption, which gives me any boons I corrupt or remove, allowing me to bully Soulbeasts on point.

    If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

  • Dirame.8521Dirame.8521 Member ✭✭✭

    @Yasai.3549 said:
    Use Herald of Sorrow.
    The larger amount of Shield and Anti melee deterrent should allow yu to comfortably kite dumb melee builds that think just by rolling Reaper they are opgg and can run things over.

    I personally run a variant of this using Feed from Corruption, which gives me any boons I corrupt or remove, allowing me to bully Soulbeasts on point.

    I've tested Herald of Sorrow extensively myself and I definitely prefer the normal shroud. When fighting thieves that spam blind it's useful. When fighting block happy guards it also proves useful too. It also helps stack vuln and might fast when the target or targets are low. So I prefer it. The only time it is a detriment is when the target or targets have retal. That can get painful.

  • I will keep this build in mind if I ever want to stall a fight or perhaps revisit toughness in general. Otherwise, I'll just stick with my Yolo-build. 1k+ Shroud ticks, 3.5k+ Suffering ticks, 7-8k+ Shivers. Full on Man-Mode.