unhappy mac player - [Merged]

There's nothing stopping you from installing a different OS or running it virtualized (via cloud services or in VMs with pass though). This is a cost/benefit analysis on their part due to the shift from Intel to Apple in-house CPUs for some of their future products.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/https://www.vmware.com/products/fusion.html

edit: frankly they're being overly generous. Mac players can request refunds for client or gem store purchases through the customer support portal. We will be able to refund purchases within a 30 day window of the refund request.

@"Infusion.7149" said:There's nothing stopping you from installing a different OS or running it virtualized (via cloud services or in VMs with pass though). This is a cost/benefit analysis on their part due to the shift from Intel to Apple in-house CPUs for some of their future products.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468https://www.vmware.com/products/fusion.htmlhttps://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

edit: frankly they're being overly generous. Mac players can request refunds for client or gem store purchases through the customer support portal. We will be able to refund purchases within a 30 day window of the refund request.

Great point infusion.

@Infusion.7149 said:edit: frankly they're being overly generous. Mac players can request refunds for client or gem store purchases through the customer support portal. We will be able to refund purchases within a 30 day window of the refund request.That is only eligible for people who bought the game in the past month. While i understand allowing refunds to mac users who have been playing a mmo for year would be ridiculous, imagine if you bought this game in November and just learned it is getting bricked after 3 months of play.

I always avoided Macs anyway because I like building my PC's from scratch. Still, seems odd to me that Apple wouldn't want to provide some support for OpenGL as I'm sure a lot of their users are gamers. I don't know where the money stream flows though so I'm sure they have good reason. Props to Anet for being willing to offer refunds. Very generous. Time for you Mac gamers to convert to PC ?

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:edit: frankly they're being overly generous.
Mac players can request refunds for client or gem store purchases through the customer support portal. We will be able to refund purchases within a 30 day window of the refund request.
That is only eligible for people who bought the game in the past month. While i understand allowing refunds to mac users who have been playing a mmo for year would be ridiculous, imagine if you bought this game in November and just learned it is getting bricked after 3 months of play.

Well, that's just bad luck then and the person would have to hope for the support team having some wiggle space for such situations. But the line needs to be drawn at some point, 30 days is reasonable.

virtual windows os on local machine, virtual windows through some streaming software like shadow or geforce now, new computer. those are the options for mac users that i can think of if they want to keep playing. honestly for mac users they should either have another pc or access to some windows environment if they want to play video games. My wife used to have a mac and her solution for gaming was own a second computer that can have the fun while using the mac to do the work. now she just has one good pc that can do that work and have the fun.

@lokh.2695 said:

Mac players can request refunds for client or gem store purchases through the customer support portal. We will be able to refund purchases within a 30 day window of the refund request.
That is only eligible for people who bought the game in the past month. While i understand allowing refunds to mac users who have been playing a mmo for year would be ridiculous, imagine if you bought this game in November and just learned it is getting bricked after 3 months of play.

Well, that's just bad luck then and the person would have to hope for the support team having some wiggle space for such situations. But the line needs to be drawn at some point, 30 days is reasonable.

Find it strange that they will issue refunds for purchase up to 6 months for people banned for exploits, but only 1 month for those just having the wrong type of computer. That what I would call unreasonable.Note: I got the 6 months number from self reports on reddit, not personal experience. Seems like standard practice ever since the snowflake exploit back in 2012. My guess to avoid charge back fees.

For the time being, Mac users can still play Guild Wars 2 using the Nvidia GeForce Now service while streaming over the Internet. Moreover, we are interested in feedback from all of our players about such services.

Feedback's pretty simple:

1. Input lag is manageable as long as you're close to the data centers.
  2. When the game would normally drop frames (rotating the screen quickly in the middle of a busy WvW battle, for instance) you tend to get massive tearing.
  3. Anet constantly locks your account due to IP address changes.

type :How to Install Windows 10 on a Mac using VirtualBoxon youtube

It wont replace the Mac , it will just open a program (imitation Windows) and throught that you must redownload GW2 and play it .When you finish with playing , close GW2 > then the program(choose the Save Option)> play the Mac

@Super Hayes.6890 said:I always avoided Macs anyway because I like building my PC's from scratch. Still, seems odd to me that Apple wouldn't want to provide some support for OpenGL as I'm sure a lot of their users are gamers.

The same issue exists on Windows PC's as well although are far more forgiving.. take a look back at some older PC games for example and you'll find a bunch that either have a lot of issues running on modern tech or straight up don't work at all anymore due to some dead component that is no longer a part of modern PC hardware or some old software that is no longer used and supported etc.Off the top of my head Black and White comes to mind.. getting that running on a modern computer/OS is an absolute nightmare.

It's a far more common issue on MAC's though for sure.. those things are just not built for gaming.

Wow, Apple really hates its users doesn't it?I mean, just by the way of making it super hard for developers to do anything without them looking over it like a fussy mother.And now they're closing their systems even more which means, soon, you won't be able to do anything on a MAC that didn't come out of Apple directly.

Why people continue to support Apple is beyond me...

@killerkram.5129 said:virtual windows os on local machine, virtual windows through some streaming software like shadow or geforce now, new computer. those are the options for mac users that i can think of if they want to keep playing. honestly for mac users they should either have another pc or access to some windows environment if they want to play video games. My wife used to have a mac and her solution for gaming was own a second computer that can have the fun while using the mac to do the work. now she just has one good pc that can do that work and have the fun.

Not everyone can afford to own two computers.....

If you were playing on a MacBook of some kind, you could possibly buy a second-hand ThinkPad T530 or so for a couple hundred bucks. Even second-hand ThinkPads usually last many years. Won't give you the greatest graphics but if you were already playing on a type of laptop then you can probably endure that.

If you bought an expensive Mac of some sort and aren't so rich that you can just buy a good PC, then that's a pretty sad situation. I guess you could try to dual-boot Windows but not sure if GW2 works well (or at all) on MS Windows running on Apple hardware?

This is typical Apple though: "we do our own cool thing and don't give a crap about compatibility." If I ended up in a situation like this I'd reconsider once more whether I want to support a company like Apple.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Find it strange that they will issue refunds for purchase up to 6 months for people banned for exploits, but only 1 month for those just having the wrong type of computer. That what I would call unreasonable.Note: I got the 6 months number from self reports on reddit, not personal experience. Seems like standard practice ever since the snowflake exploit back in 2012. My guess to avoid charge back fees.

Probably because the number of people ban is way less to the number of people that are using the Mac Client.

I'm not surprised to see them say that. Elder Scrolls Online announced much the same back in November, although they said they will keep supporting old Macs for a while if there's enough users (maybe they have more Mac players?) and I've seen various announments for non-MMO games saying they won't run on new Macs either.

As someone else said it seems fairly typical of Apple, they do their own thing and don't seem to worry about compatibility, either expecting 3rd parties to figure out how to make it work or simply leaving users to settle for the Apple version of whatever it is they actually wanted.

@tetmikem.5608 said:

@killerkram.5129 said:virtual windows os on local machine, virtual windows through some streaming software like shadow or geforce now, new computer. those are the options for mac users that i can think of if they want to keep playing. honestly for mac users they should either have another pc or access to some windows environment if they want to play video games. My wife used to have a mac and her solution for gaming was own a second computer that can have the fun while using the mac to do the work. now she just has one good pc that can do that work and have the fun.

Not everyone can afford to own two computers.....

Very true but...

1. On a tight budget
  2. Likes to play computergames
  3. Choosing a Macbook as first and only platformPriorities - Get them straight!

Sure it sucks but don't blame Anet - This was the result of an Apple decision!Streaming might do it but that could be a budget problem - Emulation (virtualbox/wine) just won't cut it for laptop mac's.Nice of Anet to offer refunds when it was Apple that screwed their users.