underwater build

weaponwh.9810

@"saerni.2584" said:Both underwater weapons are good enough.

The big issue is a lot of skills are locked underwater so you will end up having a different skill bar.

You may want to post a build you have now (using gw2skills) and then we can comment on it and make suggestions.

this is pretty much my build, gear is same. in underwater Impairing dagger replace Fist Flurry

https://www.snowcrows.com/raids/builds/thief/daredevil/power/

I'd focus more then on the Spear since you are using a melee build. Spear has a lot of evade and stealth built in, a block w/ counter attack.

Generally, Spear with those stats should be able to hit rather hard. Harpoon Gun as offhand of course, but there's only two choices so...Spear is what you will camp and HG if you need to reposition (there's a backwards pushing skill) or travel (there's a IA style teleport).

Towline/Hooked Spear and Scorpion Wire staggered out are nice underwater and to pull in land lovers who are jogging by. I usually use Harpoon gun for fast travel and to hit structure canons or something then Spear to roll around with, every skill on it is awesome. Your normal build should be fine, just think about what you'll need on your utility bar like area blind, evade back, and ports. Try to drag people and adds into a cone for Nine Tailed Strike when you can and think about what blinds and interrupts or whatever if your build has the synergy.

• 2 weeks later...

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:All you need is flanking dive.

Rotation of the build is flanking dive followed by flanking dive then flanking dive and go then back to step 1.

I like nine-tailed strike more :open_mouth:

It's alright, but nuking people for 12k flanking dives is silly not to do. Not mention with infiltration signet and landing steals you can spam this indefinitely since it only costs 3 ini. It's also a very good escape tool.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Rotation of the build is flanking dive followed by flanking dive then flanking dive and go then back to step 1.

It's alright, but nuking people for 12k flanking dives is silly not to do. Not mention with infiltration signet and landing steals you can spam this indefinitely since it only costs 3 ini. It's also a very good escape tool.

I thought we were talking about pve :o

@Cynz.9437 said:

I thought we were talking about pve :o

I always instantly think of pvp/wvw when it comes to builds lol