[100% Unofficial] How to play GW2 on Mac OS after the Mac client is gone - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

[100% Unofficial] How to play GW2 on Mac OS after the Mac client is gone

2>

Comments

• ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭✭

@raaahbin.7405 said:
    So the only hope for anyone else in the same boat is that they don't kill the 32-bit Mac client (and that you can get your hands on a copy of it if you don't still have it).

Do you see the "we are ending Mac support" notification when you log in with the 32-bit Mac client?

• raaahbin.7405raaahbin.7405 Member ✭✭
    edited January 24, 2021

@ASP.8093 said:
    Do you see the "we are ending Mac support" notification when you log in with the 32-bit Mac client?

Nope! That's why I'm hoping it will survive (given that it's apparently the Windows client in a wrapper).

The long load time for maps (especially Lion's Arch) isn't wonderful, and not having the mini-map is a pain... but it's the closest thing to playable remaining.

@raaahbin.7405 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

Nope! That's why I'm hoping it will survive (given that it's apparently the Windows client in a wrapper).

The long load time for maps (especially Lion's Arch) isn't wonderful, and not having the mini-map is a pain... but it's the closest thing to playable remaining.

Interesting!!

Does the long load time affect waypoints within a map, too? (E.g. if you're standing in LA north side and you click the waypoint to go to the Fractal/WvW gate area.) Or only loading a brand new map?

• @ASP.8093 said:
    Does the long load time affect waypoints within a map, too? (E.g. if you're standing in LA north side and you click the waypoint to go to the Fractal/WvW gate area.) Or only loading a brand new map?

It's definitely every time the map is loaded (e.g. entering or leaving an instance set in Lion's Arch), but I can't remember whether waypointing within the map had the same delay. What's interesting is that the wine-wrapped 32-bit windows version also suffers the same long load time (and it's almost exactly the same amount of time)... but the one wrapped by ANet as a Mac client performs noticeably better once it loads.

• Qida.5648Qida.5648 Member ✭✭

It's definitely every time the map is loaded (e.g. entering or leaving an instance set in Lion's Arch), but I can't remember whether waypointing within the map had the same delay. What's interesting is that the wine-wrapped 32-bit windows version also suffers the same long load time (and it's almost exactly the same amount of time)... but the one wrapped by ANet as a Mac client performs noticeably better once it loads.

Nice! Definitely one of the way to continue playing for users before OS Catalina... the old cider port. But need to wait for 18 Feb.. finger crossed.

• Tried out Codeweavers Crossover and it's a bit odd. IF I go in and click on the GW2-64.exe or w/e it is it runs fine. If I just click on their shortcuts or try to open from with in the Crossover application it opens but then crashes before fully loading the launcher. I'm not sure performance is any better than using Portingkit / Wineskin from initial WvW testing. So far I haven't been able to obtain acceptable frame rates for WvW with either approach :/

@Leila.7269 said:
    Tried out Codeweavers Crossover and it's a bit odd. IF I go in and click on the GW2-64.exe or w/e it is it runs fine. If I just click on their shortcuts or try to open from with in the Crossover application it opens but then crashes before fully loading the launcher. I'm not sure performance is any better than using Portingkit / Wineskin from initial WvW testing. So far I haven't been able to obtain acceptable frame rates for WvW with either approach :/

CrossOver and PortingKit have a lot of overlap, as far as I understand.

I've also been disappointed in WvW with PortingKit so far. Gonna do the dual-boot (and tweak those write-ups a bunch) once I get over my laziness with respect to doing all the backups and other stuff first.

• Qida.5648Qida.5648 Member ✭✭

A few days ago, Windows 10 arm insider version updates to build 21286. Which allows x86 64bit emulation.

I tested a few clients briefly, same area (Desert Highlands no pop) for only a few secs..
    MacOS client: 15 ~ 45 fps turning around.
    Parallels + Windows 10 arm + GW2 64bit client: 30 ~ 50 fps turning around. (Allocated 2GB video ram / 8 Cores / 8GB ram)
    Crossover + GW2 64bit client: 7 ~ 66 fps turning around.

I did not try wvw or pvp yet. I don't think I will miss the Mac client at this rate, enough for me to catch up with the story and dailies.

I do not recommend buying M1 Macs or any new Macs just for playing this game.
    But for people looking to upgrade their Macs to the new silicon for their workflow, they can still play this game even if Microsoft did not provide bootcamp.

• Lord Warfin.1209Lord Warfin.1209 Member ✭✭
    edited February 16, 2021

I was able to get the 64-bit Windows client to install and run in a 64-bit Windows 10 bottle using Crossover on an Intel Mac running 10.14 (Mojave). It launches for me double clicking the icon and looks ok. I will probably have to upgrade the OS soon so that could change, and I haven't put it through any real testing. I just logged in and looked around a bit. I still have the Mac client installed and created a hard link to the Gw2.dat file from the Mac version in the Windows version so they share the same 50GB database.

There is a way to get the option keys to work as alt. I've run into this same issue before with Wine and it's a matter of figuring out where to put the options. In this case the file is: ~/Library/Application Support/Crossover/Bottles/your GW2 bottle name/user.reg

Add the following lines:

[Software\\Wine\\Mac Driver]
    "LeftOptionIsAlt"="y"
    "RightOptionIsAlt"="y"

Note: Alt-F4 closes the window and quits GW2. It's a Windows thing. I was using that combination and had to switch. I'm sure there's a way to disable it but it was easy enough to avoid.

Update: I've been running the Windows client in Crossover for a while now and it does seem playable to me, although I don't really do WvW and I'm not a l33t PvP or raid player, more of a casual open world and story player so take that for what it's worth. After upgrading to Catalina I did get the bug where launching the game by double clicking the link in the Crossover window fails immediately. Running Gw2-64.exe directly works. Also, if I right click on the Gw2 link in the Crossover window, select run with options then hit run, with or without options, that works too. In game the biggest issue I've seen is that when I mount I sometimes end up underground. Once I ended up stuck like that and had to waypoint to get out of it. Usually I can just unmount or move out. That happened occasionally on the Mac client as well but not nearly as often. The graphics are a bit weird in that I have to set the screen to a lower resolution with a larger UI to get roughly the same appearance as I had on the Mac client. Maybe because of the retina display, although I have retina mode turned off in Wine.

If you have Crossover you can vote for GW2 to be a supported application on the Codeweavers site. I'm not sure how many votes it takes but there were only 3 the last time I looked.

• Alright I seem to have frame rates, and now trying to sort out issues with stability - not that I have much in the way of ideas to try.
    WvW medium size fights just crash :/

Crossover Win 10 64bit (although I'm not sure it matters 7 vs 10)

seems all the shortcuts work as they should now. Don't know why others had bad file references in my Win 7 bottle.

Enabled options

Performance Enhanced Graphics
    Performance Enhanced Synchronization (esync)

esync seems to be the root of the frame rate increase and stability decrease. It's probably fine for PvE stuff and maybe sPvP from what little world PvE testing I've done. Rising player density seems to result in the WvW crashes, so it might be worth trying a populated meta event somewhere. Reading suggests that without it you're limited to 20fps.

Registry entry seems to resolve mouse bug:

[Software\Wine\DirectInput]
    "MouseWarpOverride"="disable"

Mouse mapping as mentioned above:
    [Software\Wine\Mac Driver]
    "LeftOptionIsAlt"="y"
    "RightOptionIsAlt"="y"

Not sure I mentioned before but I'm on latest Catalina

Crash info:

It's odd it lists the VideMem = 0 MB in the logs. I might try to define vRam amount in the registry.

This is most frequently observed:
    Assertion: Failed to load file.
    File: ......\Services\Asset\AssetPc.cpp(346)

This is most recent:
    Assertion: !transferRejected
    File: ......\Engine\Gr\GrTex2d.cpp(4156)

Also seen what appears to be memory related a couple of times. Ram use was high but inactive when I spun up the game so I suspect that's related cause memory management seems to be terrible:
    Exception: c0000005
    Memory at address ffffffff`ffffffff could not be read

• Bellefon.1259Bellefon.1259 Member ✭✭
    edited January 28, 2021

@Lord Warfin.1209 said:
    I still have the Mac client installed and created a hard link to the Gw2.dat file from the Mac version in the Windows version so they share the same 50GB database.

Thanks for the tip. I'd never created a hard link before, but it saved me 50gb of space. (For anyone else interested who's also inexperienced doing this, the hard link has to share the same name of "Gw2.dat" or the client will begin a full download.)

There is a way to get the option keys to work as alt. I've run into this same issue before with Wine and it's a matter of figuring out where to put the options. In this case the file is: ~/Library/Application Support/Crossover/Bottles/your GW2 bottle name/user.reg

Add the following lines:

[Software\\Wine\\Mac Driver]
    "LeftOptionIsAlt"="y"
    "RightOptionIsAlt"="y"

I had gotten Karabiner-Elements to change option-to-alt, but I prefer your idea to edit user.reg since it keeps the alt-key change localized to the bottle running GW2 rather than changing it everywhere. Thanks for the instructions.

• BOOT CAMP

"If you have an Intel-based Mac and enough hard drive space, Bootcamp is a legit option."
    -How much HD space do you need?
    -Can you put this or parts of it on External HD?
    -Do you need Windows 10 or can use use say Windows 7 (think have license on old PC do not use) ?
    -If can use older versions of Windows is set up different?

• I have an old Macbook (late 2013) and GW2 is still running for me today. Are they just turning support off later than announced?

• @tetmikem.5608 same here, it still works. I guess mac support will be out on the next scheduled update.

Still works for me. I assume they'll kill it when the next update comes.

(Sorry I've been neglecting the thread a bit, I have plans to sit here and do my own Bootcamp install, just haven't had the time yet.)

• @ASP.8093 said:
    (Sorry I've been neglecting the thread a bit, I have plans to sit here and do my own Bootcamp install, just haven't had the time yet.)

How much space on internal HD will you use and can you put it on external drive?

• RIP
    Aprox. 4PM EST 2/20/2021

• Ok, so I had an M1 (top 3 post here under this same account / tech support sub-forum. What are we saying, still must use emulation or is there indeed a native M1 port coming to Apple Silicon?

• edited February 22, 2021

The mac client is still working on my machines (22-Feb).

• No longer working 2/23/2021.
    Minor bug update only effected it bit but now get message of no support and not start button.

Times to set up Bootcamp.

• I am super sad ;(

• Kondor.2904Kondor.2904 Member ✭✭✭

The 32-bit client is working for me, although it takes like 6 tries to launch the game as the launcher keeps crashing, as well as the mini-map is not loaded properly.

• @Talek.6795 said:
    I am super sad ;(

Same. :(:(

edited February 25, 2021

Got GW2 running on my laptop via Boot Camp and updated the guide accordingly.

The experience is good so far, though I ran into a bunch of quirks specific to my setup:
    1. The Boot Camp touchpad driver isn't nearly as good as the built-in one, so moving the camera is harder. Maxing out sensitivity helps a lot. I'll experiment with Touchpad++ to see if I can fix that tomorrow.
    2. Current Radeon Pro 5500m drivers don't support 1536x960 resolution (half-scale 3072x1920). You either have to go big (and subsample) or make everything blurry.
    3. Windows wants to treat the ⌘ Command key as the "Windows key," which means you can't bind it to other stuff and you'll get dumped to your desktop with your game minimized any time you press it. (Workaround: I used SharpKeys to map both Command keys to Left Alt and both Option keys to Right Alt, which allows me to approximate my Mac keybinds.)

I'll expand the Nvidia steaming write-up soon, but there's no credible way I'm going to test Parallels anytime soon — if someone else wants to do the work, I'll gladly copy/paste your notes into the relevant section.

edited February 25, 2021

@Svata.8034 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

How much space on internal HD will you use and can you put it on external drive?

I'm using my internal SSD:

I feel like 150 GB is a safe amount for GW2 + Windows + free store. Below that you probably risk running out of storage in dumb ways.

• @ASP.8093 said:

@Svata.8034 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

I'm using my internal SSD:

I feel like 150 GB is a safe amount for GW2 + Windows + free store. Below that you probably risk running out of storage in dumb ways.

THANKS
    I am working with 250GB internal HD and about 10TB of Thunderbolt and USB 3 External HDs.

Risk running out of storage in dumb ways, yup that is problem unless I can find good documents using External Drives. Do you or anyone know how set up with external drives?

Regarding your internal SSD bootcamp, can you save boot camp or rather windows 10 files on external HD sectors?

You probably shouldn't install drivers off github just because some rando online told you to, but this unofficial Macbook touchpad driver made the game playable for me again.

https://github.com/imbushuo/mac-precision-touchpad

• Justin Time.7054Justin Time.7054 Member ✭✭
    edited February 26, 2021

Asking for advice as owner of a 2018 Mac Mini Intel, 512 Gb, 8Gb RAM.
    Assuming that unfortunately I have not enough space left on the internal Hard Drive to mount both Windows and the game, I came to select the following configuration:
    Parallel Desktop; an internal SSD disk, 250Gb, NVMe M.2, inside a case with usb-c cable to get close to maximum transfer rate of 3.500Mb/s.
    I am no computer expert, so I want to ask if you think this configuration could allow me to play smoothly or not.
    And eventually if the 250Gb is enough or if I'd better get me a 500Gb disk.

• @Justin Time.7054 said:
    Asking for advice as owner of a 2018 Mac Mini Intel, 512 Gb, 8Gb RAM.
    Assuming that unfortunately I have not enough space left on the internal Hard Drive to mount both Windows and the game, I came to select the following configuration:
    Parallel Desktop; an internal SSD disk, 250Gb, NVMe M.2, inside a case with usb-c cable to get close to maximum transfer rate of 3.500Mb/s.
    I am no computer expert, so I want to ask if you think this configuration could allow me to play smoothly or not.
    And eventually if the 250Gb is enough or if I'd better get me a 500Gb disk.

Instead of Parallels and a whole copy of Windows. I suggest you try Crossover or playonmac first. Crossover have a trial period, enough for you to test the game before you commit. Not only that, it require significantly less storage, ( ~ 60GB for GW2, Crossover less then 1 GB).

The performance for Crossover should be better then Parallels. As for smooth gameplay.. its subjective, some people need constant 60fps, some only need 30fps.. some are ok with 10 fps.

Also, before you delete your GW2 MacOS client, copy out the GW2.dat file, you can reuse it in the GW2 Windows copy. That will save you some time.

edited February 26, 2021

Parallels is kind of a worst case, imo.

Boot Camp is fast, takes a lot of space, and requires setting up a whole Windows environment.
    API compatibility layers (PlayOnMac, CrossOver, PortingKit, Wine, &c.) are slow, take up minimal extra space, and don't require fussing with Windows directly.
    Parallels is somewhere between "slow" and "not very fast," takes up a lot of space, and still requires setting up a whole Windows environments.

It's potentially nice for other reasons (high fidelity to how your programs are "supposed to work" with easy access from your Mac OS desktop) but I think it's seldom going to be ideal for games.

• I wrote the PlayOnMac description - this is a small update FWIW.

I had better luck with it when I updated WINE to version 6.0.

Because the latest version of PlayOnMac (4.4.2) won't run on my machine (macOS 10.14.6), I stuck with 4.4.1. Unfortunately this means that it can't download anything (such as the other WINE versions). To get around it, I went here, downloaded the most recent WINE (version 6.0 called PlayOnLinux-wine-6.0-upstream-darwin-amd64.tar), and decompressed it into /Users/[account name]/Library/PlayOnMac/wine/darwin-amd64/. (Aside: I don't know why the tar files are called PlayOnLinux-* - they actually contain macOS dylibs.)

WINE 6.0 then shows up as an option in PlayOnMac. Using this seems to help a bit, but performance is still not awesome.

@Gumbolia.5381 said:
    (Aside: I don't know why the tar files are called PlayOnLinux-* - they actually contain macOS dylibs.)

As far as I know, they're sibling projects using the same code base, and PlayOnLinux is basically the development "frontrunner" while PlayOnMac usually takes their stuff and adapts it a bit for Mac OS.

@Gumbolia.5381 said:
    Using this seems to help a bit, but performance is still not awesome.

Great work, though!! Thanks so much for coming back to share.

• Thank you all for explanations and suggestions.
    I will go with Parallels, as it seems to me that with Bootcamp it would be both annoying and a big waste of time to have to restart the computer every time I want to play.
    Then I am not a proper gamer, GW2 is in fact the only one game I play, and I prefer a quick access and switch to Mac environment when I need it.
    Windows may also be useful for other use in the future.
    So basically I'm going to try the Parallels configuration, that is more simple between the two, to understand if the performance degradation will be acceptable to my way of playing, that is not a top one, and if not I will seriously consider the recommendations about a configuration with Bootcamp.

Please let us know how it goes! The "Parallels" section is currently a bit underdocumented.

• @Kondor.2904 said:
    The 32-bit client is working for me, although it takes like 6 tries to launch the game as the launcher keeps crashing, as well as the mini-map is not loaded properly.

Agreed - the 32-bit client still runs well if you're on a version of Mac OS that will still launch 32-bit apps. It's a lifesaver on my 10-year-old Macbook Pro. Literally the only thing I miss (once it's running) is the mini-map.

If you're on a version that will not run 32-bit apps, you're probably also on a computer that can handle the overheads of one of the emulated solutions in this thread.

Later this year, I'm planning to buy one of the next generation of Apple Silicon Macbooks, so that will be time to fire up the ARM versions of Parallels and Windows... glad to hear from others on this thread that that apparently works pretty well! Also, I'm pleased to see that Geforce Now is supposed to launch in Australia some time this year... so that might become an option instead, depending on pricing and service quality.

• been monitoring this thread & just wanted to share my experience in case it helps others.

i'm on a mid 2012 MacBook pro and have been using the mac client on pretty low settings (autodetected) so that it runs smoothly in wvw & large events like teq (intel core i5, 16 gig ram, integrated graphics, ssd).

parallels

First I tried Parallels. it's very simple and has a guided walkthrough. easy install, got windows10 up and ran the game. I had to set graphics even lower (subsampled textures) to get a stable 10ish fps and even then there was some jerkiness/delays when in cities. large events like teq dropped me into the 1's-3's unless i was on a turret. tp was super super slow so i had to install a program called 'process tamer' so windows would prioritize processing power for the tp over the game client exe (coherenthost.exe i think it is), otherwise it was 9-13 seconds per action/click to complete.

parallels works, and really is a cool piece of software, but for older machines the performance will probably be worse than the mac client. and the fans start running even with just win10 up without gw2 running. i don't think it's worth the monthly cost (~80$ annually).

geforcenow

I wanted to try geforce now after seeing the 'endorsement' by arena.net and youtube videos of the graphics. looked like a totally different game. BUT, i didn't attempt it because technically this MacBook doesn't meet geforce now's minimum system requirements, and, most importantly, I've read comments about players getting temporarily banned. From what i gathered, the thought was that accounts were getting automated bans cause of suspicious ip/location changes, which makes sense since it's a remote streaming service.

I emailed support to ask them to clarify if this service was ok to use (and to also clarify that such a ban would not lead to account termination). simple, possibly paranoid, questions. first response i received was a vague reply about 3rd party mods with links to their top about those mods, nothing about streaming services. so i replied again, with links to the 'endorsements' (can be found in forums & in gw2 help), simply asking if it was safe to use. The reply i received basically said they appreciate my interest, they take these issues very seriously, they can't release any information, and if i have more questions to reach out.

Support has helped me in the past and I've gotten these vague non-answer answers before so I understand it's how they operate. Because I could not get a clear 'yes it's a safe service to use' I decided to hold off on this service. But from what i saw it was ~24$ for a 6month membership so ~4$/month sounds like a good deal to me, assuming input lag isn't bad, especially for older computers & since you can play other games you might own through it as well, from 'anywhere', with graphics settings your machine couldn't ever attain.

bootcamp

I wanted to try bootcamp first, but couldn't figure out how to partition my drive (kept getting 'not enough space' errors running bootcamp assistant but i had over 200gigs free) and didn't want to turn time machine off or risk losing any data. I also read somewhere else that this error can occur if you have an internal ssd so I reluctantly accepted that i'd have to emulate with a virtual machine.

then i found this video and realized i had a spare ssd laying around. followed instructions and ran into a couple of snags that were resolved by restarting and trying again...well, now i run gw2 via win10 on an external ssd. graphics are set to medium-medium/high (i think shadows & reflections are lowered, textures are native), and i've got a consistent 20-50 fps. large events like teq are consistently above 14 and there is no frame delay or artifacting. there may be an extremely slight delay sometimes with initiating rotating the camera (holding r-click and moving mouse) or pressing spacebar whilst mounted but that could just be me being hypercritical & looking for flaws. no more being stuck underground for 5 seconds upon mounting, no more subsamples, no more complete blur of colors, tp is super fast...it's really an incredible difference, all from an external ssd on a machine without a dedicated graphics card.

since this mac is older, there are 2 issues I do have. 1 is the fans run a LOT more than they did with the mac client. 2 is specific to pre-2012 MacBooks, there are no audio drivers. I think i've found a permanent solution to this (haven't followed the steps yet), but plugging in a headset through usb does work so I think in theory a usb splitter/hub should resolve that issue. other than that, restarting so much is kinda annoying but not terrible since macs reopen all your programs/tabs & the booting process itself is pretty quick. So at around 45$, 256gig ssd (30$) + usb3-to-sata cable (14$), i'd say it's well worth it.

conclusion

1. i'll stick with bootcamp for now since it's the most economical & the performance/graphics are leagues better than even the native mac client
    2. i wish someone at arena.net would give a definitive yes or no on if streaming services like geforcenow are 'safe'. i'd be fine with an automated ban if i was given assurances that if that was truly the only reason for the infraction i would be unblocked in a relatively short manner & the strike wouldn't count against me (or if i had a way to register my account as using a remote streaming service to avoid such an automated catch), but thats a topic for another thread.
    3. i will probably keep keep a copy of gw2 on my iOS drive just to log in for quick tp sniping sessions. not going to pay for parallels so either vmware fusion or i'll see if i can get wine/playonmac to work.
    4. if you have an old mac or can't get bootcamp to work/dont have the space, get you an external ssd & follow the video above.

PS - where can i get a copy of the 32-bit mac client?

@coil.3420 said:
    geforcenow

I wanted to try geforce now after seeing the 'endorsement' by arena.net and youtube videos of the graphics. looked like a totally different game. BUT, i didn't attempt it because technically this MacBook doesn't meet geforce now's minimum system requirements, and, most importantly, I've read comments about players getting temporarily banned. From what i gathered, the thought was that accounts were getting automated bans cause of suspicious ip/location changes, which makes sense since it's a remote streaming service.

I've had first-hand experience with this so let me comment.

If your account gets locked you write a support ticket explaining "I am using GeForce Now" and they'll unlock it within like a day. (Write an anonymous ticket if the system doesn't let you log in.) I've had this happen to me while playing on old hardware while my laptop was getting repaired. It's annoying but, imo, very unlikely to get your account lost forever.

• raaahbin.7405raaahbin.7405 Member ✭✭
    edited March 6, 2021

@coil.3420 said:
    PS - where can i get a copy of the 32-bit mac client?

If you contact me directly, I could connect you to a source for the 32-bit installer. Will avoid doing anything which might conflict with forum rules, but Google and my username should suffice.

• So, after reading the ANet announcement recommending the usage of Geforce Now, I bought a membership but the game does not appear on the Geforce Now library. Any "How to" on how to install the game on Geforce Now?

@eberlitz.6845 said:
    So, after reading the ANet announcement recommending the usage of Geforce Now, I bought a membership but the game does not appear on the Geforce Now library. Any "How to" on how to install the game on Geforce Now?

It doesn't show up when you search for it in the Search bar?

• Justin Time.7054Justin Time.7054 Member ✭✭
    edited March 8, 2021

I played for about two hours with Parallels, with Windows and the game on portable ssd. It's fine to me, I perceived no speed difference comparing to playing on Mac. I'm not in this fps thing however I noticed they averagely were about 40. Autodetect graphic option gave me a mix between best performance and best appearence.
    There's a " big but" because after a shut down the mouse pointer disappeared. It's there, when moving the mouse randomly characters at login highlight, can't see the pointer, though. So I need to understand where is the problem and how to fix it. Sorry for my English language.

@Justin Time.7054 said:
    I played for about two hours with Parallels, with Windows and the game on portable ssd. It's fine to me, I perceived no speed difference comparing to playing on Mac. I'm not in this fps thing however I noticed they averagely were about 40. Autodetect graphic option gave me a mix between best performance and best appearence.
    There's a " big but" because after a shut down the mouse pointer disappeared. It's there, when moving the mouse randomly characters at login highlight, can't see the pointer, though. So I need to understand where is the problem and how to fix it. Sorry for my English language.

Is your mouse cursor disappearing inside Windows in Parallels, or on Mac OS after you close Parallels?

• @ASP.8093 said:

@eberlitz.6845 said:
    So, after reading the ANet announcement recommending the usage of Geforce Now, I bought a membership but the game does not appear on the Geforce Now library. Any "How to" on how to install the game on Geforce Now?

It doesn't show up when you search for it in the Search bar?

Nope, it does not show when searching for it on GeforceNow.

I also tried Parallels but it's mostly unplayable even with the minimal graphics configuration of the game. FPS is 40 as long there isn't anyone moving too much, if I start walking FPS goes to 5. I tried some metas but it's a no goal. My mac is: MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), 2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB.

@eberlitz.6845 said:
    Nope, it does not show when searching for it on GeforceNow.

It doesn't show you this??

• @ASP.8093 said:

@Justin Time.7054 said:

Is your mouse cursor disappearing inside Windows in Parallels, or on Mac OS after you close Parallels?

It was visible in both OS, it disappeared after the login window to GW2, in the characters choice window of the game.
    I don't know which was the origin of the issue, however after last Windows update of this morning (in Europe) the pointer is back.
    The problem has been solved by itself, so to say.
    Everything is working well now, but I have to say that I really dislike Windows fonts.

@Justin Time.7054 said:
    The problem has been solved by itself, so to say.

I did a bit of searching and it sounds like most people who see a problem like this have it go away after rebooting.