Armor Lost Dye Channels

I would question my own memory, but I took notes.

For Wintersday, I transmuted my regular armor into festive gear (Warlord's Crown to Festive Hood, Warlord's Raiment to Festive Sweater, Elegy Breeches to Spearmarshal Pants). In preparation I took notes on the gear used and the dyes used. I clearly had four dyes selected for hat and legs (hat: Sunfire Lava, Cocoa, Blue Steel, Flare; legs: Sour Apple, Sunfire Lava, Molten, Shadow Orange) and now only have three options after transmuting them back. The underlying items pre any transmutes are Light Dragonscale Headdress and Bladed Pants.

The wiki doesn't list the number of dye channels there should be.

A screenshot of them with three dyes, leaving out the Blue Steel and Shadow Orange.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/405207401315434496/798372177459413022/JinDyes.JPGAm I crazy? Did I somehow think I had four channels before when I didn't? I swear I wrote down the dyes directly from the screen before swapping to festive stuff.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If you have the spare Transmutation Charges, have you tried transmuting those items on another character? Just to see?

An interesting idea. Looking at my female human Chronomancer, in her second equip tab she has the Warlord's Raiment, and in her first she has the Elegy legs. Both of which only have three dye channels. Occam's razor says they always were 3-dye items, ANet didn't ninja nerf them in the patch (at least not deliberately, bugs can get very odd).

Yet there distinctly were four dye channels for me to write down in December. I wonder if transmuting from Dragonscale and Bladed left me with a superfluous channel that hung around until I transmuted away and back? I am sure I never dyed Bladed as I had no intention of keeping that skin, but whatever I was using before Bladed might have had four channels.

If that's the case, I haven't been robbed of channels, which is good, but there is still a minor bug in which transmuting a more complex dyed skin to a simpler one doesn't remove the dye panel channels.