Why the heck are the scaled dragon wings backpack undyable???

I am not sure when this item was released but there is a hard line when back items became dyeable. Things before a certain date will not have the ability to dye even though their gliders can be. They have no plans to address this.

If anything needs to be looked at is making the Legendary Back pieces Dyeable before normal items get an update.

@Excursion.9752 said:I am not sure when this item was released but there is a hard line when back items became dyeable. Things before a certain date will not have the ability to dye even though their gliders can be. They have no plans to address this.

If anything needs to be looked at is making the Legendary Back pieces Dyeable before normal items get an update.

Thank you for explaining. Might wish my luck and put in a refund request cos i wanted to use it to represent different classes (Green/purple for a fae ranger soulbeast etc)

@Andrej.4293 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:I am not sure when this item was released but there is a hard line when back items became dyeable. Things before a certain date will not have the ability to dye even though their gliders can be. They have no plans to address this.

Thank you for explaining. Might wish my luck and put in a refund request cos i wanted to use it to represent different classes (Green/purple for a fae ranger soulbeast etc)Its worth a try. They really need to put a note on the back pieces that you can purchase in the gem store. If they can be dyed or not.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:I am not sure when this item was released but there is a hard line when back items became dyeable. Things before a certain date will not have the ability to dye even though their gliders can be. They have no plans to address this.Yeah, I checked the wiki, but it didn't detail when this item was originally released.

According to the Wiki, approximately April 30th, 2019.

@"kharmin.7683" said:I don't see that on the wiki. I'm looking at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scaled_Dragon_Wings_Backpack

My bad, I was looking at the History of a different Scaled Dragon Wings Backpack page.

It would be October 9th, 2018. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Scaled_Dragon_Wings_Backpack&action=history

I agree that they should clearly state which ones are dyable and which aren't.

At first it wasn't too hard to keep track of, but as we get more dyable ones and as the cycle of removing and returning gem store items in no discernible order continues it's going to be harder to keep track of which are the newer ones which can be dyed and which can't. And for new players coming in it's just going to look totally random.

(I'm also hoping they will at some point update the older ones to make them dyable, even if it's one of those 'off the side of your desk' things where 1 person does it a bit at a time in between other things.)