My Soulbeast Build — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Ranger

My Soulbeast Build

I really don't have much to say for this except that I need someone to look over it to see if it's good for PvE and suggest a better Rune. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAgiVlRw+YSsJ2JW6P2PvSmyZA-zRIYV09fGxJVLWVp1B-e

Comments

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭

I love the build! I don't see anything which can be improved if you want to play as poison master.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2021

I'm assuming this is for PVE. I strongly advise running Taste for Danger instead of Oakheart Salve. In instanced scenarios you also don't want to use Soulbeast rune as it adds toughness ; I would run Krait , Mad King, or Afflicted rune (openworld the explosion helps a bit, but why play bleeding in openworld) as it is likely your build is 50% bleed damage and ~20% poison damage.

The number of situations where 5% incoming damage reduction and pitiful regeneration (zero heal power) is completely negligible compared to expertise gained from Taste for Danger that results in at least 5% condition duration.

Gear-wise I would probably run Viper over Rampagers. Keep in mind the chance for bleeding on critical hit is 33% via the trait even with 100% crit chance ; if you're on dagger or shortbow alike with a 50%+ crit chance under fury statistically you will proc Sigil of Earth. I would run Sigil of Bursting over Sigil of Blight as well.

Another thing to note is conditions have breakpoints (1133 for bleeding and 942 for poison ; for burning it is 655), running without expertise is actually less damage than 200 more condition damage in the case of bleeding. If you want a bursty condition class you should play condition firebrand.

• Thank you for your feedback and made changes, but I have to ask what about Grieving instead of Viper. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAgiVlRw+YSsJ2JW6P3P/SceKA-zRJYmR3fZUcq2RVZwA-e

• Mokk.2397Mokk.2397 Member ✭✭✭

Power , precision , critical chance , and ferocity do very little to nothing in a SB condi build . I would concentrate more on toughness and vitality and less on power and precision . Shamans , Trail Blazers , Dires or Plaguedoctors would be a better choice . These will give you a much higher DPS than a combination of condition . expertise ,power and precision in your build . They would also add defence at no extra cost. Magnanimous Crystals would give an added benefit . Spiders , Iboga or Wyvern give an added benefit over Bristelback.
    Since fury does little without a high critical or power I would switch Vicious quarry to Light on Your Feet or Quick Draw and Live Fast to Unstoppable Union