Does anyone use Weave Self?

TheAgedGnome.7520

Weave Self looks like possibly the most contrived, clumsy and ineffective elite skill I've seen. I'm trying to imagine how it might be useful to purposefully cycle through all 4 attunements within 20 sec, so that I can get 10 sec of buffs or a 2.5 sec CC with Tailored Victory. And with a 90 sec CD, the next use of it is about 60-70 sec away.

Am I missing something?

It can fit pretty well into the flow of certain rotations.For example LR D/F Weaver - the damage reduction from earth is awesome and generally if you start from Comet and work your way through a normal damage rotation for a quick kill it will generally pop up after Gale gets stun broken to secure the kill and it being AOE is pretty cool. The buffs and the way it's made is ridiculous, I'd like to see it reworked but I definitely take it over Tornado for most maps unless it's like Revenge of the Capricorn's bell capture. But yeah once you get the flow of weaver it can fit nicely but it's definitely clunky for when you need to actually sit in certain attunes and wait longer for the swap

The Air and Earth Buff are pretty decent. Get those two immediately. Then switch to fire for the third. You should get another ten seconds or so of a buff from those three, which is why anyone would take it anyway. At the last second, switch to water for the final buff and get an additional ten seconds. The final CC at the end I rarely use. The damage reduction and speed buff are more useful.

It's not the best and requires the right timing. I would vote for 20 sec of weaving and then 20 sec full buff. But I wouldn't say it's useless.

Weave Self might be a really good example of a PvP based skilled. It doesn't really seem to have much use in PvE since FGS is just better all around. But in PvP and WvW? It's incredibly good. I can't live without Weave Self when I run either Fire or Water based Sword Builds. The buffs are fine, but I'm not using it for the buffs. Its that sweet 2 second attunement swap that is just amazing. It has helped save me so many times. Tailored Victory is also a pretty good CC that can combo with Pyro Vortex since its an unblockable. You can chain it with LF if you're quick enough to catch players out of your range and take em by surprise and I've used it many times to stop full parties from chasing me down since it hits 5 players. My only complaints are that its doesn't last as long as I wish it would and I find myself interrupting the casting more times than I'd like to admit. Wish it was an instant cast. But those are small nitpicks.

I will say that if I'm running a LightningRod build, Tornado is still probably a better choice, even with Sword. That CC is crazy. I also don't think Weave Self really makes sense in builds that use other weapons besides Sword, it just doesn't flow as nicely IMO.

@fuzzyp.6295 said:Weave Self might be a really good example of a PvP based skilled. It doesn't really seem to have much use in PvE since FGS is just better all around. But in PvP and WvW? It's incredibly good. I can't live without Weave Self when I run either Fire or Water based Sword Builds. The buffs are fine, but I'm not using it for the buffs. Its that sweet 2 second attunement swap that is just amazing. It has helped save me so many times. Tailored Victory is also a pretty good CC that can combo with Pyro Vortex since its an unblockable.

Pretty much this as well, it seems pointless for PVE, it's useful for PVP and the shorter attunement swaps can feel great

@"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:Weave Self looks like possibly the most contrived, clumsy and ineffective elite skill I've seen. I'm trying to imagine how it might be useful to purposefully cycle through all 4 attunements within 20 sec, so that I can get 10 sec of buffs or a 2.5 sec CC with Tailored Victory. And with a 90 sec CD, the next use of it is about 60-70 sec away.

Am I missing something?

Best elite for weaver...if not for ele in general, it offers amazing stats increase and the ability to CC several people if chosen to do so; I use it as a clutch to get out of an incoming gank thx to the increased stats...overall the best elite eles ever had, hands down..nothing compares to it in terms of usefulness.

1) Rebound is without doubt the 2nd best elite for eles, high clutch healing+ aoe aura share...good elite2) I hate conjures and FGS seems a waste of elite slot for me3) Tornado is a suicide mission most times than not, other than potentially CC the enemy...this elite does nothing much in terms of dmg, average ele will die 6/10 using this elite...the idea itself that an elite could kill you...it's absurd , worst transform elite4) Glyph is mostly PvE and does a good enough job I guess

In WvW I just use the FGS on my sword weaver. It... wins me fights, largely by surprising enemies but also because it fixes the Weaver's lack of ranged options. Once it is dropped I start jamming on all of my attunements for their buffs and to spam Fresh Air. Players forget how much damage it can do.

There is one detail About Perfect Weave that hasn't been brought up yet: Bolstered Elements used to give Stability on Stance. This made Perfect Weave much better in the past.

Remove the attunement rotation requirement so that Tailored Victory may be used at any time once Weave Self is active. Reduce the cast time on Weave Self to 0.5s and the cast time on Tailored Victory to 0.25s. If Tailored Victory is not used, grant Perfect Weave for 10s. This would make Tailored Victory usable as a CC on demand with (essentially) a 0.75s cast time in line with similar effects, but using it in this way would come at the cost of ending Weave Self prematurely and never gaining Perfect Weave.

Depending on the gamemode, elites all get used in one way or another.

PvP:Rebound is a decent clutch-survival utility and grants useful auras if it times out OR activates the safety net.

Weave Self is used for LR Weaver (D/F or Sw/F) as an alternative to be a bit more of a bruiser instead of the standard alternative.

Tornado is used both offensive and defensively. It's used for decapping/burst damage with Tornado 5 and 4 which can do gnarly damage as LR.

Fiery Greatsword was used originally by Fresh Air Core and Fresh Air Weaver as a means of AoE damage, evading, and mobility. It was Elementalist's way of RPing their mobility on par with Warrior with a GS. Nowadays it's kinda eh.

Glyph of Elementals is great for Core D/D, D/F or really just anything core. It adds a burst heal/knockback via Water, weakness and protection via Earth, a short cooldown stun via Air, and a solid AoE burn/power attack. Granted, this can be pretty squishy against condis and power, they're strong when you're stacking them all together.

Best two IMO are Tornado and Weave Self since they both provide a noticeable difference to the class, a close third being Rebound for the team support with A.E.D lite.

I am still using FGS as a power sword weaver. Rotation is pretty slow due to the slow animations of the skills. Wave self doesn't forgive mistakes, for the time it takes to complete it and the efforts it takes I would wait for a balance patch before using it outside of PvP modes. Elementalist at the moment is bottom tier in PvE and only condi is worth something.

@Touchme.1097 said:I am still using FGS as a power sword weaver. Rotation is pretty slow due to the slow animations of the skills. Wave self doesn't forgive mistakes, for the time it takes to complete it and the efforts it takes I would wait for a balance patch before using it outside of PvP modes. Elementalist at the moment is bottom tier in PvE and only condi is worth something.

lol ele is bottom tier everywhere and it only shines thx to the skills of the individual

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Touchme.1097 said:I am still using FGS as a power sword weaver. Rotation is pretty slow due to the slow animations of the skills. Wave self doesn't forgive mistakes, for the time it takes to complete it and the efforts it takes I would wait for a balance patch before using it outside of PvP modes. Elementalist at the moment is bottom tier in PvE and only condi is worth something.

lol ele is bottom tier everywhere and it only shines thx to the skills of the individual

Bottom tier and terribly squishy, I wish future balance patches will be more rewarding for ele skilled players as I have chosen to max out an ele to have fun with the complex mechanics and feel rewarded at the same time.