What kind of skins do you like? - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

What kind of skins do you like?

2>

Comments

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Small

Small because bigger stuff have worse clipping issues.

• medivh.4725medivh.4725 Member ✭✭
    edited January 26, 2021
    Large

Appears GW has very good armour skins and armour sets. However your weapon skins could do alot of work. There are some weapon family that are just color flipping, no creativity at all. Perhaps you could benefit from someone who knows weapons so the designed gear look usable, practical, less child like. Wouldn't be nice to haved a kick kitten armour set, but a plasticy weapon that don't look like it hurt much :#

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like my weapons to match either colour or theme wise with my armour when possible :)

For example, this is my main Ranger's current look in which I dyed his armour from the Blue I was using for years to Orange to match the new Sword and Axe skins I give him a while back.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Small

Not matter of size but more of how it looks. I just enjoy futuristic looking skins. Peacemaker, glyphic, inquest mk II, illuminated boreal, pact fleet...

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN/PRIMORDIUS EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

• Sibila.5463Sibila.5463 Member ✭✭
    Small

You don't even have to be super creative, just enter "costumes and armor in human history" into the Internet and see how much variety there is over the centuries.
    You take inspiration, update the design or add some glowing elements.
    I also have a problem with what we have now, I mean protruding spikes towards the body or impracticality of some armor

• mercury ranique.2170mercury ranique.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

weaponsskins to me should match my character. If I play a big fat male Norn, the weapons should be big. If I play a human female, the weapons should be more delicate. It should fit and I should like it. Size is of no importance to me.

• Joote.4081Joote.4081 Member ✭✭✭

I like skins for my harvesting tools. They work better if they look good.

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2021

Non-glowy stuff. Size depends on the overall theme, so I can‘t give a definite answer there.

I also like when weapons look „unique/different“. Tengu axe, Tengu GS and Desert King GS are examples that don‘t follow the traditional design of their weapon class. (Or the sab maces that look like a flail instead of a mace, but their design is over the top imo)

*...the biggest challenge in creating more is the small audience they attract.* - Andrew Gray, February 3, 2020

• Sibila.5463Sibila.5463 Member ✭✭
    Small

@Raknar.4735 said:
    Non-glowy stuff. Size depends on the overall theme, so I can‘t give a definite answer there.

I also like when weapons look „unique/different“. Tengu axe, Tengu GS and Desert King GS are examples that don‘t follow the traditional design of their weapon class. (Or the sab maces that look like a flail instead of a mace, but their design is over the top imo)

And that's why nobody uses them and the price on TP is low ...
    And so I think they should do more armor sets game is 9 years old 😐 recently I spent another EUR 100 on mobile games because there is nothing for to buy in gw2

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

I like skins that have a lot of detail on them, so they are aesthetically appealing rather than just relying on overly flashy effects. A good example is Dark Harvest, the Reaper's Ascended Greatsword. It has a remarkable amount of detail on the weapon, and while it does have a dark, misty effect, it's subtle enough that it doesn't overwhelm the weapon. As far as size goes, that depends on the character. I like the weapon sizes to look like they match the character, so I opt for larger, bulkier weapons on my Norn and Charr characters, but more smaller/medium sizes on Humans, Sylvari and Asura.

• Twin Sisters is considered small

wait, really? That thing looks ridiculously big to me

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2021

@Sibila.5463 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:

And that's why nobody uses them and the price on TP is low ...
    And so I think they should do more armor sets game is 9 years old 😐 recently I spent another EUR 100 on mobile games because there is nothing for to buy in gw2

This just sounds to me like you don't really look at other characters a lot.
    You personally might not buy the things on the store, but it's always interesting to see how many people run around in the new outfits on the day they release.

*...the biggest challenge in creating more is the small audience they attract.* - Andrew Gray, February 3, 2020

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sibila.5463 said:
    I don't know if someone from the DEV team is reading this but I really want to give you some money but for God's sake is it so hard to produce a new armor set?

Yes, it is. There are many threads detailing this. The forums search function should help you to find them.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• robertthebard.8150robertthebard.8150 Member ✭✭✭✭

If I like it, I'll use it, funny that that's a question in the OP, but not a choice in the poll?

• Veprovina.4876Veprovina.4876 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Large

@robertthebard.8150 said:
    If I like it, I'll use it, funny that that's a question in the OP, but not a choice in the poll?

Yeah, like i said previously, i forgot to add that, but you can't edit polls so...

@DexterousGecko.6328 said:

Twin Sisters is considered small

wait, really? That thing looks ridiculously big to me

Bad example maybe but i meant like, overall size. Yeah they're "bulky" but overall very short compared to some longer and larger skins.