Let's theorycraft fun builds!

Veprovina.4876

We all know the Mesmer profession is - to put it mildly - a bit under the weather as of now.

So to break from all the doom and gloom i though i'd try out some fun builds that either don't make a lot of sense, or do, but they're not meta.

So i made this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiyAwyFlNwcYLMFWJW6WZtKA-zxIY7o7/QiSIGoEJCVlKnF5HtA-e

I call it The Crit Kitten because i play a Charr. :smile:

All pieces are either cheap or easily obtainable (no fancy 4 stat combinations here), and it's all based around precision. Kind of a Mesmer assassin type.With Sigils of Perception and food/stones, you can get to almost 100% precision even on exotic gear. With ascended/legendary (for those of you who have it) and infusions, you can go over and slot some power infusions in there for more power. Chronomancer runes for the theme but any power/precision will work here. Sigil of Strength for Might generation after you've racked up that precision though any "on crit" should be good, especially the life leech ones since this build is very "glassy". Plenty of quickness and alacrity generations as well.

So, make some builds for fun, or show us what you're running if you're not using a meta build!The more "experiment friendly" and cost effective the better, but use any stat combinations you want.

Let's do something that isn't complaining or the general doom and gloom lol. :smile:

@"Woltarion.6829" said:I love to create some pvp kitten build so i present you :VIVA LA INTERRUPTIONhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAYtrlVwoYXMEWJO8LnteA-zZoKkMrgeTguDBfGATake chrono, press F4 , do pistol 4 and then all CC available, once CS is finished, repeat. If you're opponent didn't die, you will bc you don't have any survivability rip.

I love the name! :smiley:Everyone who posts a build here should name it!

And nice build, focus on interrupting, pretty unconventional, i like it!

I briefly considered Mesmer for WvW. I only ever made half of the build, because eventually I just went with ele. It looked something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PigAE/lVw8YcsNWJOKXaNdA-zRJYiRBfZ0WBEbCo2A-e

The theory is simple: stealth up with torch + decoy, summon two more clones with mirror images, and then in stealth go for the full chrono burst against a group of players. It involved using Phantasmal Berserker as much as possible, with the hopes that 8 swordsmen all chasing people down would do some damage.

Would it work? Probably not. I never tested it, so I don't know what it'll do in WvW.

@Kencu.5846 said:In WvW they expect veil and illsuion of life from you pretty much

That's why i said fun builds, not meta ones. :wink:

But also depends on your guild i suppose. Mine almost never tell me to run either Illusion of Life or Veil. We use Scrapper invisibility, and Illusion of Life is honestly pretty useless. If you get to the point of needing to resurrect several people, you're already at a huge disadvantage to begin with. Ressing them with Illusion of Life only brings them to a small health % and they'll likely die instantly again. Plus, slotting Illusion of Life means you don't slot something that might have prevented them getting killed in the first place like Mimicking Null Field that clenses and strips boons. Without boons, enemies can't attack that strong, and without conditions, your allies won't die as much. So that's what i do.

Yeah I don't like those skills either. Scrapper stealth is much better and Illusion assumes we are bad and are gonna die :D Now in WvW I run mantra healer, usually only scrappers cleanse more and often top in boon strip (no null field for me, I use phantasmal disenchanter with chronophantasma plus GS. The mantras only heal insane amount (3-4k) which you can spam with Mantra of Pain every few seconds if you want to. Illusionary Inspiration heals 3-500 on each ilusion which is ok support with GS and chronophantasma. Rune of flock heals 2k itself on top of the mantra heal which is just insane. I imagine my build outheals scrappers and firebrands lol

and now I'm on nomad runes, gonna take minstrel, it's gonna be even higher lol

@Kencu.5846 said:Yeah I don't like those skills either. Scrapper stealth is much better and Illusion assumes we are bad and are gonna die :D Now in WvW I run mantra healer, usually only scrappers cleanse more and often top in boon strip (no null field for me, I use phantasmal disenchanter with chronophantasma plus GS. The mantras only heal insane amount (3-4k) which you can spam with Mantra of Pain every few seconds if you want to. Illusionary Inspiration heals 3-500 on each ilusion which is ok support with GS and chronophantasma. Rune of flock heals 2k itself on top of the mantra heal which is just insane. I imagine my build outheals scrappers and firebrands lol

and now I'm on nomad runes, gonna take minstrel, it's gonna be even higher lol

Nice! I Run something simmilar, i'll post it a bit later. Full minstrel's, one healing wells version, and another pure boonstrip. Both use illusions traitline so i can also go with mantras, but i didn't really try that. Maybe i'll take the mantra healing trait and try it out. Can you post your build with the build calculator thing? :smile:

"Swords Out!"http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PijAwylRwkYQsDmJW6OWPNA-zRRYiRDDO4zoMFQLTAFPA-e

Goal of the build is to be up close and personal on melee with swords. This build gives evasion, protection, regen.

Play this by keeping Blurred Frenzy on CD so that you can proc Chaotic Interruption from Sword Mirage Cloak Skill 1 interrupt to reset Blurred frenzy for use.

Chaos line brings good damage reduction and condition mitigation.

Gear is split to keep regen and protection boons with good uptime.

@"Opopanax.1803" said:"Swords Out!"http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PijAwylRwkYQsDmJW6OWPNA-zRRYiRDDO4zoMFQLTAFPA-e

Goal of the build is to be up close and personal on melee with swords. This build gives evasion, protection, regen.

Play this by keeping Blurred Frenzy on CD so that you can proc Chaotic Interruption from Sword Mirage Cloak Skill 1 interrupt to reset Blurred frenzy for use.

looks fun, do you know if it's possible to adapt it for PvP content ?

@Woltarion.6829 said:

@"Opopanax.1803" said:"Swords Out!"

looks fun, do you know if it's possible to adapt it for PvP content ?

No idea, pvp is not my thing!

@"Kencu.5846" said:

Something like this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAEx3lZwsYbsKWJOqSqtfA-zVJYjRNAA-w

Full minstrel

Niiiice!!! Thanks for the video!Looking at the heals, there's a constant stream of them, like, giving sustain to your paty, i like that about Chrono and Inspiration traitline. :smile:And i'm already in full minstrel's i might try it! What sigils and runes are you using? And do you use infusions?

Here's what i'm running for WvW:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABw2t7lNwcYfMNWJOuSptPA-zVJYjx/ZkpKIdpgGPEBZP8Wa/SD-w

Also, unrelated to WvW, i tried my Crit kitten build in general PvE, and it's pretty fun! :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

@"Yasai.3549" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiyAEx/lRwgYXUBmJOyKZvUA-zVJYiRN/h0mCITpQviAFPA-w

Really stupid build which uses Charr Racial.The goal is to play like a Deadeye and range with skills while kiting with Sand Through Glass and Hidden Pistol.

Yu can even use Hidden Pistol as part of yur GS opening burst.

Oh nice! Some racial skill implementation! I like it! :smile:Makes sense though, getting away from your enemies with that backflip if your goal is to stay ranged! Cool! :smile:

The I Dont Want To Die GS Power Chrono:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?Pi0AEx/lVwuYYsEGKeOT7NXA-zRIYRU/XKhVAZGCdGBtmAqdACYH8O0nB-e

Chaos/Inspiration/Chrono

Surprisingly effective against some builds. Lots of quickness and superspeeding clones. Wear down your enemies. Can still almost one shot certain glass builds. Get out of dangerous situations easy peasy. Now you can troll the thief! At least until they get used to your build. Arcane Thievery is optional, use whatever you want. Mirror Images, Decoy or Mimic are good alternatives.

@Kencu.5846 said:

@Kencu.5846 said:Recently I've been running power interrupter chrono, it's fun, until the commander cries for veil and illusion because the other mesmers are slacking :D

Can you post the build? :smile:

Yeah if I'm not designatet to being veilbot tonight, I'll record a video and show the build)

If you want, just use the build editor to showcase the build and explain what you do. :smile: