What's with all these "run away while spamming mortar" engis?

Helicity.3416

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are "uncatchable" I assume they are at max range which means you can literally just walk around the mortal shells. Hell when I attack a mortar engie they cant even hit me at point blank range. I dont think I've ever died to a mortar spamming engie... because a condi spamming engie pull them in and then lock them down with elixir X and mop the floor with them.

Here's a pro tip - turn 180 and walk away. Dont fight them on their terms, fight them on your terms.

That's what people should do to literally any "absurd" build be it tp thieves, permastealth deadeyes, pewpew rangers, trapper druids, trapper dhs, condi revs, nike spellbreakers, combo whombo weavers, etc. Because that's how you win.

But it wouldnt surprise me if you now come in with "omg did I even say I loose against them I always win" and it turns out you are playing a permastealth DE as main.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:

But it wouldnt surprise me if you now come in with "omg did I even say I loose against them I always win" and it turns out you are playing a permastealth DE as main.

That's an awful lot of assuming you're doing there bud.

I just let em go because none of my characters can actually catch em.

Which is kinda silly in and of itself, it's like Nike warrior all over.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

That's an awful lot of assuming you're doing there bud.Thats true. Cant help but notice you didnt say what you played though.

I play...every class except Rev?

I generally focus on two or three for a while and then switch one out.

Right now I'm mostly playing with my Ele, Necro and Warrior.

I'm sorry I don't fit your assumed stereotype of "salty X main"

Then you would presumably know that certain classes are better than others with their mobility and reaching out. Also melee ele is one of the strongest dueling builds in the game while nike warriors remain far more "uncatchable" than engineers (and lets not even talk about counter built spellbreakers) and lf regen superbunker necros are one of the most common cheese builds as of late.

So what's this thread about? Seen neither increase or decrease in engineers lately - core are rare encounters, 95% of scrappers are still running zerg minstrels and holos are pretty much on the same power roamer builds since PoF release (and nowhere near the numbers pre range nerfed what-was-Anet-even-thinking holo shockwave).

@Dawdler.8521 said:

So what's this thread about? Seen neither increase or decrease in engineers lately - core are rare encounters, 95% of scrappers are still running zerg minstrels and holos are pretty much on the same power roamer builds since PoF release (and nowhere near the numbers pre range nerfed what-was-Anet-even-thinking holo shockwave).

This thread is about, that for the past two weeks I'm seeing more and more of them in T1/T2 matchups, and I am wondering why.

@Helicity.3416 said:

This thread is about, that for the past two weeks I'm seeing more and more of them in T1/T2 matchups, and I am wondering why.Havent seen anyone else note there are more mortar engies, nor seen anything like it in T2/T1.The mortar also hasnt been changed for... well forever I think. I dont know when it was last for WvW. It's only been nerfed in sPvP and that was almost a year ago.

Anyone else seen mortar engies that are uncatchable proliferate these last weeks?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

This thread is about, that for the past two weeks I'm seeing more and more of them in T1/T2 matchups, and I am wondering why.Havent seen anyone else note there are more mortar engies, nor seen anything like it in T2/T1.The mortar also hasnt been changed for... well forever I think. I dont know when it was last for WvW. It's only been nerfed in sPvP and that was almost a year ago.

Anyone else seen mortar engies that are uncatchable proliferate these last weeks?

To elaborate, I'm specifically curious if this increase is also related to the downstate teleporting scrappers I've been catching on video

@Helicity.3416 said:

To elaborate, I'm specifically curious if this increase is also related to the downstate teleporting scrappers I've been catching on videoAh so you saw someone either lagging or hacking and that means something is up with all these mortar spamming engineers that's suddenly everywhere in T1/T2. Got it.

Possible I guess, but nobody rational would pick scrappers to hack with just for the mortar and being uncatchable when the thief and ranger exist.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

To elaborate, I'm specifically curious if this increase is also related to the downstate teleporting scrappers I've been catching on videoAh so you saw someone either lagging or hacking and that means something is up with all these mortar spamming engineers that's suddenly everywhere in T1/T2. Got it.

Possible I guess, but nobody rational would pick scrappers to hack with just for the mortar and being uncatchable when the thief and ranger exist.

Obviously I am not saying that.Not every scrapper holo is a hacker, that's a ludicrous idea.

However (so far) the only ones teleporting 6-7 times in a row while in downstate are

On a side note, you seem sort of hell-bent on making covert ad-hominems in every post here, and I'm finding it a little unpleasant.

@"Helicity.3416" said:Obviously I am not saying that.Not every scrapper holo is a hacker, that's a ludicrous idea.

However (so far) the only ones teleporting 6-7 times in a row while in downstate are

On a side note, you seem sort of hell-bent on making covert ad-hominems in every post here, and I'm finding it a little unpleasant.Well the thread went from being about "uncatcheable mortar engies everywhere" to actually being about potential hackers (or lag, those videos you caught would be neat to see). So yes I am a little argumentative because I questioned your initial post.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Helicity.3416" said:Obviously I am not saying that.Not every scrapper holo is a hacker, that's a ludicrous idea.

However (so far) the only ones teleporting 6-7 times in a row while in downstate
are

On a side note, you seem sort of hell-bent on making covert ad-hominems in every post here, and I'm finding it a little unpleasant.Well the thread went from being about "uncatcheable mortar engies everywhere" to
actually
being about potential hackers (or lag, those videos you caught would be neat to see). So yes I am a little argumentative because I questioned your initial post.

I can post YouTube links, though I'm unsure if anet would allow them because there's account names visible in them.

I'll DM the links to you in any case!

Its a result of the environment and nerf of certain skills. With mounts in the game you can only roam with absurd mobility or stealth access if you don't want to fight 12 people at once. So after toss S nerf and more reveal + marked, it's basically the only option for engi. Just equip offhand dagger and flash on your ele or time your rupt. Its not an evade and they are very vulnerable in animationlock.

Edit: Assuming you talk about rocket boots. Everything else is not even mobile compared to other roaming builds.

Grenades are broken yes, but I've never taken anyone that uses Mortar Kit seriously.

If they waste a slot on Rocket Boots, that means they are missing one of U, S, and grenades, which makes them much less threatening overall. And if they use Mortar Kit, they miss stealth gyro if Scrapper. Now, I'll admit that catching them is hard, but a good CC or two just as the elixir S finishes is usually going to shut down a good chunk of them down.

That being said, there are some blatant hackers out there, and it would not be surprising for them to use builds like this to mask it.

@"ArchonWing.9480"

One way to make it more cheatproof would be to make when players are on phothonic skills stuff only holosmith utilities should be alowed.This would stop or make chea ters obvious that can use mortar shot while doing the photonic burst or any other skills macroed into the combo.

The nades can be also countered with the domes reflects and absortion," its amazing" to clear siege just in a few secconds,... clears siege faster than2 banners :persevere:

Altough some damage reduction or diferent calculation for max damage could work to make the skill more balanced.The way it can be spammed is a joke for the damage that it does :bleep_bloop: that's what it makes it overtuned.Maybe, add a ICD of 4sec to it while mantaining the damage..

EDIT: meanwhile nerf/change minstrell :dizzy: