Cloaks+Pauldron and hoods request.

Lily.1935

Could we get a cloak+Pauldron merged skins in the future?

Something that takes up both the back slot and the Shoulder slot with a large light or heavy cloak or even a hood folded back with even an option to for it to hide the head slot as well? I Wouldn't mind having more armor pieces that really push these designs as I'm struggling to create specific looks in the game and I'd like these as options. Some more options to really push the fantasy of my character's design. We have some pieces of armor that hide other pieces of armor, so having one that hides the backpiece as well could be nice. Especially as my design tastes in the game change from hyper flashy to simple on occasion.

Why would you even want anything that takes both slots at once when you can do the same with matching seperate items? Also stats. Not going to happen.

....and you can already hide head (and back) slot, I don't know what this request is supposed to be -"take what we already have optionally available in the game, combine 2-3 slots into one AND force it altogether instead of making me click a check-mark"? This is the opposite of "having more options", this is limiting the choice.

• Confused 1

@Fuchslein.8639 said:Can i ask, what is a Pauldron?Googlet it and get so many results who look like stuff we already have many times in the game.Hence the question, because I can not imagine it right now.

Pauldrons are shoulder armour. In real life it's a specific type of curved shoulder armour worn as part of 15th century plate mail. In GW2 it's a generic term for all types of heavy shoulder armour.

@Lily.1935 said:Could we get a cloak+Pauldron merged skins in the future?

Something that takes up both the back slot and the Shoulder slot with a large light or heavy cloak or even a hood folded back with even an option to for it to hide the head slot as well? I Wouldn't mind having more armor pieces that really push these designs as I'm struggling to create specific looks in the game and I'd like these as options. Some more options to really push the fantasy of my character's design. We have some pieces of armor that hide other pieces of armor, so having one that hides the backpiece as well could be nice. Especially as my design tastes in the game change from hyper flashy to simple on occasion.

There's no need for it to take up both slots. There are already some skins which hide others, like the light Diviner Helm or Dry Bones Hood which hide any shoulder armour you've got equipped or light Flame Legion Vestments (chest) which hide your leg armour. (I'm sure there's heavy and medium skins which do this too, I just can't remember any.)

So if Anet wanted to make a one-piece hood and cloak which covers your head, shoulders and back they could make it an item for any of those 3 slots and have it hide whatever you've got equipped in the other two slots. That would mean you'd still be able to use the other armour pieces for stats, they just wouldn't be visible. (And since all 3 of those slots can be hidden anyway I assume it would be possible to do that.)

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Fuchslein.8639 said:Can i ask, what is a Pauldron?Googlet it and get so many results who look like stuff we already have many times in the game.Hence the question, because I can not imagine it right now.

Pauldrons are shoulder armour. In real life it's a specific type of curved shoulder armour worn as part of 15th century plate mail. In GW2 it's a generic term for all types of heavy shoulder armour.

@"Lily.1935" said:Could we get a cloak+Pauldron merged skins in the future?

There's no need for it to take up both slots. There are already some skins which hide others, like the light Diviner Helm or Dry Bones Hood which hide any shoulder armour you've got equipped or light Flame Legion Vestments (chest) which hide your leg armour. (I'm sure there's heavy and medium skins which do this too, I just can't remember any.)

So if Anet wanted to make a one-piece hood and cloak which covers your head, shoulders and back they could make it an item for any of those 3 slots and have it hide whatever you've got equipped in the other two slots. That would mean you'd still be able to use the other armour pieces for stats, they just wouldn't be visible. (And since all 3 of those slots can be hidden anyway I assume it would be possible to do that.)

I want a Cloak. Cloaks are a bit different to capes since they wrap around the wearer a bit more than what we have. here https://jogwanguk.artstation.com/projects/x5gbR We don't have armor that does that. Nothing that wraps around like that. Or this https://en.wiki.tribalwars2.com/images/a/a6/Paladin_big.png . See how its under the shoulder armor? Or this https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fe/10/96/fe109640e53e8b389cb3a32c2e15641a.jpg This sort of thing can't be replicated. The closest we've got is the Ebon shoulders which don't quite cut it. They're nice and I do like them, but it doesn't allow me to simulate a cloak. Especially not having a large fur cloak. Just doesn't get the results I want.

• Like 1

@Lily.1935 said:

I want a Cloak. Cloaks are a bit different to capes since they wrap around the wearer a bit more than what we have. here
We don't have armor that does that. Nothing that wraps around like that. Or this
. See how its under the shoulder armor? Or this
This sort of thing can't be replicated. The closest we've got is the Ebon shoulders which don't quite cut it. They're nice and I do like them, but it doesn't allow me to simulate a cloak. Especially not having a large fur cloak. Just doesn't get the results I want.

Did you mean to quote me? Or were you going for the post above, which is the one saying what you want is already in the game.

I know that what you want does not yet exist in GW2. I'm just pointing out that it wouldn't be that complicated for Anet to make it because it doesn't have to be a new type of item which takes up all 3 slots. It can be a normal item which goes into just 1 slot (meaning you can still wear a full set of armour for stats) and then it automatically hides whatever is in the other two slots so all 3 look like 1 cloak. There are items which do that already, they just don't look like cloaks. So Anet has already got the technical side of your idea worked out, they just need to apply the same approach to making a cloak.

I'm sure Anet realise that but I wanted to post it here because a common objection to any idea which sounds complicated is that it would take too long or might not be possible at all. In this case we know it can be done because it already has been done and so the process and any necessary programming exist, meaning Anet would only need to design a suitable skin, which is something they do all the time.

@Lily.1935 said:

I want a Cloak. Cloaks are a bit different to capes since they wrap around the wearer a bit more than what we have. here
We don't have armor that does that. Nothing that wraps around like that. Or this
. See how its under the shoulder armor? Or this
This sort of thing can't be replicated. The closest we've got is the Ebon shoulders which don't quite cut it. They're nice and I do like them, but it doesn't allow me to simulate a cloak. Especially not having a large fur cloak. Just doesn't get the results I want.

Ohh like that. Oh yeah, that would be something different that I would definitely appreciate.Even if I already see the clipping-fest xD. But, that we already have enough in GW2 and many do not mind.

The only problem I see with it is that something like that would probably come as a costume rather than armor.Anet's armor skins have a habit of being designed as a whole and then just being 'cut off' so they count as armor (which is why I acoid a lot of armor).Something I would hate, as I strictly refuse to buy costumes just because Anet values quantity over quality.