Inability to purchase gems due to in-game store — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

Inability to purchase gems due to in-game store

In my country, recently more reinforced than before, most any purchases made online must go through a second security layer, usually a code sent to your phone

The problem is, this works on a pop-up that most sites understand and redirect too. With GW2's in-game store technically being a browser window, it attempts to make this pop-up, but can't. I couldn't tell you why it can't, but it makes it impossible to buy gems. I have no nearby game stores that sell gem cards. Do we have an alternative way to purchase gems? I have no retail stores that sell cards anywhere remotely nearby.

Comments

  • TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Which country and payment method do you have this problem?

    Ascalon Will Prevail!

    GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

  • Any and all. Denmark is the country. Our system works on a redirection or pop-up in browsers, but the gemstore can't load said pop-up or redirection, so it grays out indefinitely. My theory is that the window opens but it can't show the page, no money is withdrawn.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Is the gold to gems conversion hindered by it as well?
    If not, you could buy the things you want that way.

  • None whatsoever, that method still works, though I don't have the gold to convert. I sometimes spend some of my money to get gems for outfits or otherwise, but as is, I can't at the moment. I just hope it's fixed or changed in a way where I would be able to. I don't have time to grind all of the time.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2021

    Have you discussed this with the Billing CS Team via a ticket? ('Support' link above/below.)

    Each player having this issue should contact the CS Team.

    Good luck.

  • @Lulu.8639 said:
    Any and all. Denmark is the country. Our system works on a redirection or pop-up in browsers, but the gemstore can't load said pop-up or redirection, so it grays out indefinitely. My theory is that the window opens but it can't show the page, no money is withdrawn.

    funny im experience the exact samething except that i on the 11 january was able to buy and here today im unable to buy due that grey boxing....

    i suspect exactly the same as you that popup window isnt loading.... currently waiting on tech sup figure it out.

  • Same problem here - also in Denmark.

  • TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Send in a support ticket. Support does not usually read the forums. Be sure to mention your country and the payment method you are using.
    In the mean time you can try another payment method like PayPal if you have an account there.

    Ascalon Will Prevail!

    GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

  • I'm experiencing the same "gray out indefinitely" issue too, and I live in Sweden.
    I've been in contact with support and I've sent them a bunch of information and stuff and their conclusion is that it's caused by high latency, and they listed some common causes of that. Like high internet traffic load, internet speed, distance from the server, use of wireless connection, and background downloads and updates.

    But I'm questioning that for now since my internet is always quite fast, even during higher traffic hours. And I don't use a wireless connection and I don't have a bunch of downloads and updates running in the background. What we definitely have in common is the distance from their servers. But if I had a bad connection to their server wouldn't I experience a bunch of lag while playing? I don't know about you, but the game runs perfectly for me.

    I asked them about this in my latest reply and I'm waiting for an answer now.
    I also linked this forum discussion and I encouraged them to look into this potential "invisible pop-up window" issue.

  • Vex.5716Vex.5716 Member ✭✭
    edited January 17, 2021

    Hi,
    I am solving exactly the same problem, I am from the Czech Republic.
    I solved it with support almost all day today and the problem is still unresolved. In our country, banks have also introduced double verification since January, so I think that the main problem will be in this, as mentioned at the beginning of the discussion. I just hope that those nine attempts to buy the gems aren't waiting somewhere in line so that it won't be paid for at once.
    I apologize in advance for my English, I am a beginner

  • Hi, I am experiencing the same problem. The Difference though is that I was able to buy some gems today to get living story but after that I was and still am not able to purchase. I Have tried different methods to do so as well.

  • Poland here, and the same problem.

    Error which appears is:
    Not found. The requested URL /store/client4.com/gw2/v1/en/index.htmlsubmitForm.html was not found on this server.
    Apache Server at media-pok.fatfoogoo.com Port 80

  • Smeerlap.2698Smeerlap.2698 Member ✭✭✭

    5 year player, have bought a ton of gems over the years via IDEAL.. (I am from Netherlands) and now i can't - only via Paypal, Credit card and paysafecard which i don't use and have Paypal= a **** company absolute ridiculous how to just add bank accounts and their kitten rules.
    Made an exeption for ONCE to buy some online gems but no more in the future .. IDEAL was excellent - i use it for MANY transactions online.

  • Ah glad I'm not the only one!

  • For the first time since 2012, I made transactions with TP and I also had a problem, fortunately support solved the matter in 12 hours.

  • Same issue here. Paypal deactivated and I've tried multiple cards. Stuck grayed out.

  • AshkyLicious.4729AshkyLicious.4729 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2021

    Im having the exact same issue aswell and I live in Sweden. Didn't have this issue at all in the beginning of january. I've submitted a ticket for this aswell. Hope they can fix this somehow!

  • I live in Sweden and i'm also experiencing the same issue. Any update on the matter?

  • @Ruba.6382 said:
    I'm experiencing the same "gray out indefinitely" issue too, and I live in Sweden.
    I've been in contact with support and I've sent them a bunch of information and stuff and their conclusion is that it's caused by high latency, and they listed some common causes of that. Like high internet traffic load, internet speed, distance from the server, use of wireless connection, and background downloads and updates.

    But I'm questioning that for now since my internet is always quite fast, even during higher traffic hours. And I don't use a wireless connection and I don't have a bunch of downloads and updates running in the background. What we definitely have in common is the distance from their servers. But if I had a bad connection to their server wouldn't I experience a bunch of lag while playing? I don't know about you, but the game runs perfectly for me.

    I asked them about this in my latest reply and I'm waiting for an answer now.
    I also linked this forum discussion and I encouraged them to look into this potential "invisible pop-up window" issue.

    Did you get any reply from Anet? Just curious to see if they made any progress in this matter.

  • @The Dark Neptune.2651 said:
    I live in Sweden and i'm also experiencing the same issue. Any update on the matter?

    Im waiting for Anets response for the moment! "They are looking into this" was the last thing they said.

    Submit a ticket to them and refer to this forum thread in your ticket aswell. The more people bring this up the better!

  • i have problems too.. i press confirm. and nothing happends after that. just loading. I live in Norway

  • @chicken.4930 said:
    i have problems too.. i press confirm. and nothing happends after that. just loading. I live in Norway

    Seems like most of us from scandinavia has the same problem! submit a ticket to the support team, that's the best we can do!

    I received an update for 3 hours ago from the support team, and they are looking into this. Hopefully they find a fix soon! :)

  • It seems they have fixed the issue now, i just managed to buy gems with a Visa and i got the popup screen for mobile authentication. (I live in Norway btw)

  • Vex.5716Vex.5716 Member ✭✭

    So far it still does not work, although when entering the payment the window will pop up but it will remain empty and will no longer be loaded and the payment will not take place again

  • @Vex.5716 said:
    So far it still does not work, although when entering the payment the window will pop up but it will remain empty and will no longer be loaded and the payment will not take place again

    Im having the same problem as you aswell! The support is working on this though!

  • @AshkyLicious.4729 said:

    @Ruba.6382 said:
    I'm experiencing the same "gray out indefinitely" issue too, and I live in Sweden.
    I've been in contact with support and I've sent them a bunch of information and stuff and their conclusion is that it's caused by high latency, and they listed some common causes of that. Like high internet traffic load, internet speed, distance from the server, use of wireless connection, and background downloads and updates.

    But I'm questioning that for now since my internet is always quite fast, even during higher traffic hours. And I don't use a wireless connection and I don't have a bunch of downloads and updates running in the background. What we definitely have in common is the distance from their servers. But if I had a bad connection to their server wouldn't I experience a bunch of lag while playing? I don't know about you, but the game runs perfectly for me.

    I asked them about this in my latest reply and I'm waiting for an answer now.
    I also linked this forum discussion and I encouraged them to look into this potential "invisible pop-up window" issue.

    Did you get any reply from Anet? Just curious to see if they made any progress in this matter.

    I did, but they just want me to change things on my end, like changing my in-game Content streaming settings, and clean-up Winsock entries, and override my DNS settings to Google's public DNS... Whatever that means (I don't want to do that because I won't remember how to reverse it if I need to). And in the last reply, they wanted me to download a VPN, which I haven't done yet and I don't know if I will. My mental energy is starting to run out and I just hope that it gets fixed by itself.

    I tried to buy gems again a few hours ago, but instead of just getting the "gray out indefinitely" issue again a completely white window also popped up now after clicking confirm.

  • AshkyLicious.4729AshkyLicious.4729 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2021

    @Ruba.6382 said:

    @AshkyLicious.4729 said:

    @Ruba.6382 said:
    I'm experiencing the same "gray out indefinitely" issue too, and I live in Sweden.
    I've been in contact with support and I've sent them a bunch of information and stuff and their conclusion is that it's caused by high latency, and they listed some common causes of that. Like high internet traffic load, internet speed, distance from the server, use of wireless connection, and background downloads and updates.

    But I'm questioning that for now since my internet is always quite fast, even during higher traffic hours. And I don't use a wireless connection and I don't have a bunch of downloads and updates running in the background. What we definitely have in common is the distance from their servers. But if I had a bad connection to their server wouldn't I experience a bunch of lag while playing? I don't know about you, but the game runs perfectly for me.

    I asked them about this in my latest reply and I'm waiting for an answer now.
    I also linked this forum discussion and I encouraged them to look into this potential "invisible pop-up window" issue.

    Did you get any reply from Anet? Just curious to see if they made any progress in this matter.

    I did, but they just want me to change things on my end, like changing my in-game Content streaming settings, and clean-up Winsock entries, and override my DNS settings to Google's public DNS... Whatever that means (I don't want to do that because I won't remember how to reverse it if I need to). And in the last reply, they wanted me to download a VPN, which I haven't done yet and I don't know if I will. My mental energy is starting to run out and I just hope that it gets fixed by itself.

    I tried to buy gems again a few hours ago, but instead of just getting the "gray out indefinitely" issue again a completely white window also popped up now after clicking confirm.

    Dont do those things! Dont really know why they want you to do all those things since this is a known issue that many has, atleast for us who's living in scandinavia.

    The white window you're seeing is actually a fix they have made. Its a window for the pop up to load within, and it seems like its working for some people, but not for us who lives in sweden as I understood from their response in my ticket. They are looking into this and will write back when they have an update!

  • @AshkyLicious.4729 said:

    @Ruba.6382 said:

    @AshkyLicious.4729 said:

    @Ruba.6382 said:
    I'm experiencing the same "gray out indefinitely" issue too, and I live in Sweden.
    I've been in contact with support and I've sent them a bunch of information and stuff and their conclusion is that it's caused by high latency, and they listed some common causes of that. Like high internet traffic load, internet speed, distance from the server, use of wireless connection, and background downloads and updates.

    But I'm questioning that for now since my internet is always quite fast, even during higher traffic hours. And I don't use a wireless connection and I don't have a bunch of downloads and updates running in the background. What we definitely have in common is the distance from their servers. But if I had a bad connection to their server wouldn't I experience a bunch of lag while playing? I don't know about you, but the game runs perfectly for me.

    I asked them about this in my latest reply and I'm waiting for an answer now.
    I also linked this forum discussion and I encouraged them to look into this potential "invisible pop-up window" issue.

    Did you get any reply from Anet? Just curious to see if they made any progress in this matter.

    I did, but they just want me to change things on my end, like changing my in-game Content streaming settings, and clean-up Winsock entries, and override my DNS settings to Google's public DNS... Whatever that means (I don't want to do that because I won't remember how to reverse it if I need to). And in the last reply, they wanted me to download a VPN, which I haven't done yet and I don't know if I will. My mental energy is starting to run out and I just hope that it gets fixed by itself.

    I tried to buy gems again a few hours ago, but instead of just getting the "gray out indefinitely" issue again a completely white window also popped up now after clicking confirm.

    Dont do those things! Dont really know why they want you to do all those things since this is a known issue that many has, atleast for us who's living in scandinavia.

    The white window you're seeing is actually a fix they have made. Its the window for the pop up to load within, and it seems like its working for some people, but not for us who lives in sweden as I understood from their response in my ticket. They are looking into this and will write back when they have an update!

    Maybe they used me for troubleshooting :'D I don't know.

    And that sounds good, thanks for letting me know!

  • I live in Denmark and i can buy the gems, but i don't get them when the window close, its a waste of money.

  • @lianwe.7921 said:
    I live in Denmark and i can buy the gems, but i don't get them when the window close, its a waste of money.

    Definitely contact support about that.

  • Lucio.4190Lucio.4190 Member ✭✭✭

    Weird.. I live in Sweden too and have the same problem. I solved it by using Paypal, but that's not a solution.

    If this is a networking issue, then someone may be doing things they're not supposed to do (either ANet or the government)? What is different in Scandinavia compared to other countries where this works?

  • AshkyLicious.4729AshkyLicious.4729 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2021

    @Lucio.4190 said:
    Weird.. I live in Sweden too and have the same problem. I solved it by using Paypal, but that's not a solution.

    If this is a networking issue, then someone may be doing things they're not supposed to do (either ANet or the government)? What is different in Scandinavia compared to other countries where this works?

    I dont know if it has gotten stricter with the "Verifying of purchases" - part for us who lives in Sweden, from the banks perspective? This issue has never existed before for me prior to middle of january. In a way it's a good thing with them being stricter, so we dont get exposed to fraud etc.

    Anet just needs to implement a good pop-up system for their Gemstore and then we're good to go :p

  • Meh, same problem in finland, been trying to purchase gems, only getting "unknown error, please try again later" or something like that..

  • Had same problem as other living in Sweden and I have purchased Gems for several year the same way through (Credit Card option) and with the same bank connected to card.

    First time since 2021 January that I had to go through a second verification step with mobile BankID (the system used both in Sweden and Norway as far as I know) where you confirm purchase with an QR code that you scan with cell phones camera (ANet could have improved that window so you don't have to scroll down to uncover that QR picture; window are too small to show all information above the surface of game).

    Everything looked to work as supposed too, but no confirmation window showed up at the last stage as it should (it show purchase ID number and possible to make recipe; and that an email will be sent).

    Checked this forum and found out that more ppl had the same problem, especially Scandinavia, but also other EU countries.

    Tried a second time and now it went through, so it works to some part. It might be that I didn't retry directly, but had a 5-10 min break before I tried again after checking that no money had been reserved or email had been sent.

    I guess the problem could be that Ireland (Digital River inc. handling payments for NCsoft/ANet and have main office placed on Ireland) have gained some trouble since Brexit also means that certain things work different then before within EU and the change in higher security for online trade which have been demanded from EC adds into this. Brexit have created a lot fuss for trading (as Ireland have a lot of digital companies located there) and how trading with EU countries should continue. It might be that Ireland (and Digital River Inc.) have more to do then normally because of all this.

  • MadKakerlaken.7846MadKakerlaken.7846 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2, 2021

    I have a similar problem (Polish bank account) - after clicking "Confirm" a white square appears. I belive this could be the 2nd authorisation ShadowCatz is talking about, but still I never had to go through that step in the past. This occurs on both EU and NA accounts. And it only applies to credit card payment - PayPal works perfectly.

  • I have the same problem with both paypal and debit card auth - new rules from EU clearly does not work.

  • Buying gems is still a problem it seems. I have tried several times today to purchase gems but the last screen flashed up with a red error on the top of it to quick to read it. Both card/paypal are up to date.

  • I am having the same issues of not being able to purchase gems. I get a red error that flashes quickly at the top saying "Unfortunately an error occurred. Try again later." (I think), I don't get a grayed and timed out window like a few of the others. As I'm seeing a lot of EU players, I just wanted to mention I am playing from Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.
    Methods tried: VISA, AmEx, Paypal. All failed. All current and up-to-date. Support ticket submitted.

  • Some players are posting about one issue (thread topic of new rules in EU and elsewhere), others are posting about a different topic (payment provider issues, or related).

    For 'red error', contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.

    Good luck.

  • Hi,
    I found this:

    Guild Wars 2 Support -> Important Announcements -> Current Known Issues

    Credit Card Purchase Issue Affecting Some European Countries – White Screen After Clicking Confirm
    We are aware of a purchase issue preventing some European credit card purchases from completing. The errors reported are either a small white box or a “not found on this server” message after clicking the ‘Confirm’ button when purchasing with a credit card. We are working with our payment processor to resolve this as quickly as possible.
    As a workaround, this error does not occur when using the PayPal® payment method. If possible, try using this payment method. If you cannot use PayPal or another payment other than a credit card, please check back to this post as we will remove it once the issue has been resolved.

  • It's been like almost one month now with this issue going on and the support doesnt really give any update on how it's going with this issue. I just get like automated responses almost all the time which is really frustrating. Is it that hard for Anet to be transparent for once? Tiresome to get told all the time to use Paypal or buying Gem cards (which I havent seen any store in Sweden sell at all). Does anybody here have any more luck than me with the support?

  • Another month gone by and still unable to buy gems :(

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Have you contacted the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below?
    They are the only ones that can assist you.