There's always a bit of truth in legends

Fenom.9457

Pallo-walla jokeso claims to have taken down Abaddon, Zhaitan, and Mordremoth, and maybe more? I find it interesting though that he DID give the heros against Abaddon information, and helped against Zhaitan by distracting a large portion of risen forces on the Elona-Orr front (I guess they met forces in the Scavenger's Causeway?). Bonus question: How did Elona know Mordremoth existed, much less was dead? Anyway I thought that was kinda neat.

P.S. The title is a reference to something...

It's nothing confirmed, but... my guess is the djinn. We know from The Lost Shores that they have knowledge of the ancient past, and from Path of Fire that the djinn can be sensitive to the changes to the world's magic. They even seem to have a means of staving off dragon corruption. Given that Vabbi has quite a few bound into service, it's not too great a stretch to imagine that Joko has wrung out what they know.

Well, we know that Mordremoth's name wasn't as obscure as we all thought, so some news must have travelled down to Amnoon somehow. Also possible that some Mordrem ended up in Vabbi, which got cleared up long before we end up down there.The bigger thing to note is the huge amount of press Joko has that he defeated Turai Ossa, rather than the reverse, especially since that was how he got sealed away for centuries. They probably learn that Joko existed since the time of the Primeval Kings, and under his doctrine, ruled up unto the present day. It's the outright lies that I feel are the biggest danger Joko poses, rather than all the Awakened-related dangers.

Just being attacked by mordrem isn't enough to know about Mordremoth, though. They're not like the risen, where they go about moaning their master's name. There's also the suspiciously accurate mural of the Mouth of Mordremoth, and that the schoolchildren have at least a general idea of how the Mouth died. (Which my djinn theory doesn't account for. Joko would either need an information source in Tyria or outright clairvoyance.)

Now that I'm thinking about this, we know that the Order of Shadows fractured from the Elonian Order of Whispers a while back, and the Shadows explicitly oppose the Awakened, then expand to oppose the Forged when they get to be too big. There's also the devs telling us that certain Order of Whispers members have been capable of travelling between Elona and Tyria several times. It's possible that the Elonian OoW order has been getting information on the affairs in Tyria, keeping abreast of what's going on, and Joko either has a spy in the Order or he periodically captures a member and learns everything he can before turning him into an Awakened (or just killed). I suppose Joko doesn't know everything his minion knows like the Elder Dragons do, because he didn't seem to know that the Mordant Crescent has been maintaining the status quo without him and that very few if any of them are aware that he's actually locked away and can't get back. To me, it's the most logical way for him to get information from the Krytan and adjacent lands.

That, or he somehow has a spy in the Pact.

by the Justiciar Bauer journals we note that events involving the Elder dragons are noticed by almost all Tyria (or at least the lands / continents near Kryta), similarly when some countries do nuclear tests (lols).

The entire Pact Fleet flew over our backyard yesterday. I damn near had a heart attack thinking they were coming for us.We're not ready for a fight like that! Looks like we won't need to worry about it, though. Mordremoth slapped them out of the sky like they were flies buzzing around its head.I hope this Unseen god of ours is as powerful as they say, especially if we ever go up against an Elder Dragon.Looks like those do-gooders pulled it off. Mordremoth is dead.The confessor wrote to me to say that, with the Pact all but destroyed and with the leader of the Seraph incapacitated, the moment for the White Mantle to reveal itself is at hand.He must be really scared of that Thackeray guy...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Justiciar_Bauer%27s_Memoirs

@Rognik.2579 said:Now that I'm thinking about this, we know that the Order of Shadows fractured from the Elonian Order of Whispers a while back, and the Shadows explicitly oppose the Awakened, then expand to oppose the Forged when they get to be too big. There's also the devs telling us that certain Order of Whispers members have been capable of travelling between Elona and Tyria several times. It's possible that the Elonian OoW order has been getting information on the affairs in Tyria, keeping abreast of what's going on, and Joko either has a spy in the Order or he periodically captures a member and learns everything he can before turning him into an Awakened (or just killed). I suppose Joko doesn't know everything his minion knows like the Elder Dragons do, because he didn't seem to know that the Mordant Crescent has been maintaining the status quo without him and that very few if any of them are aware that he's actually locked away and can't get back. To me, it's the most logical way for him to get information from the Krytan and adjacent lands.

That, or he somehow has a spy in the Pact.

He probably doesn't automatically know everything his servants know, but except in unusual circumstances his Awakened probably don't hold anything back when he questions them. In the case of {{SPOILER}}, for instance, it's a surprise to both of them that {{SPOILER}} is still able to defy Joko's commands after Awakening.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:[OFFTOPIC] Is it interesting that Caudecus was afraid of Logan, but not of Pact Commander?

Possibly both, but the journal entry does specifically mention Logan, albeit not by name. Caudecus is likely afraid of both, but he's probably not going to get a time when the Commander, Logan, and the Pact were all out of the picture at once - two out of three ain't bad.

@Rognik.2579 said:There's also the devs telling us that certain Order of Whispers members have been capable of travelling between Elona and Tyria several times.

As far as I know, that's not true- both that the devs have said it, and that it happens at all.

All the previous discussion about that possibility has revolved around a single line from the Movement of the World. ("They... even maintain a presence in Elona, although crossing the Crystal Desert is currently impossible... Still, the Order of Whispers somehow maintains communication with Elona, aiding its military in their fight against Palawa and his minions.") There've always been some people, myself included, who interpreted that to mean that branches of the Order were present in both locations and able to send information, but not physically travel from one continent to another. What I've seen in PoF, especially the Desolation lorebook, strengthens that interpretation; the Master of Shadows freely admits he's in contact with the Tyrian branch of Whispers, but the reports from Lightbringer Agbede suggest that the Tyrian Whispers haven't successfully poked around in Elona prior to Balthazar's invasion, and they also make clear that Tyrian Whispers had no idea that Elonan Whispers was still around.

Which is all a dense wall of text saying that your theory still works, just that it'd have to be coming from Shadows instead of Whispers. The reports also mention that Shadows has been known to aid Joko, so it's possible that they're feeding him information when it suits them, on top of potential interrogation/Awakening.

Archived