Are you excited for the Champions finale, including today's patch? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Are you excited for the Champions finale, including today's patch?

Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 19, 2021 in Living World

I think that's how poll should look rather than getting options like Yes Yes Yes...

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

H. P. Lovecraft

Are you excited for the Champions finale, including today's patch? 149 votes

I'd like to be excited, but everything is subpar
28%
Pifil.5193Fleabite.7528BunjiKugashira.9754zealex.9410Randulf.7614Traveller.7496Blockhead Magee.3092Zephire.8049LucianTheAngelic.7054The Greyhawk.9107AliamRationem.5172linamaria.1830Terter.4125sdluca.4706Tseison.4659mes.4607Shadowmoon.7986Tony.8659Sarog.9068Keitaro Dragonheart.9047 42 votes
I am excited for the finale and chapters
12%
Danikat.8537Tyson.5160Super Hayes.6890Dark Red Killian.3946Frostfang.5109Esperacchius.5209CrimeDog.5614Gorion.2396Zola.6197Foxy.5319Hypnowulf.7403AshkyLicious.4729ChampionMasquerade.5283StrangeSelcouth nz.9256Asgaeroth.6427gilhar.3718Farohna.6247bryim.5493 18 votes
I can't wait for Champions to end so I can hopefully see a lengthy EoD cinematic in the end
10%
Ashantara.8731RizelStar.3724Witch of Doom.5739Westenev.5289DeadTreeJig.6714Tyncale.1629Felippe.3879Zibbles.6349Ragi.7291NotTooFoolish.7412Poormany.4507Anen.1742McPero.3287Touchme.1097moony.5780Xavius.5843 16 votes
I am not... Nothing about the saga excites me
30%
Tatsumi.2047kharmin.7683Ayrilana.1396Glox.5942Blude.6812leila.7962Alek Seven.2374ffletcher.3468phokus.8934LetoII.3782Palador.2170Galmac.4680hugo.4705Zombpocalypse Meow.9357Spook.5847Raiden The Beast.3016Khisanth.2948Falan.1839Aeslarin.6830Atticus.7194 45 votes
I am excited about the story and music :)
5%
Cerioth.7062Arden.7480Kossage.9072Ben K.6238Teratus.2859Bailios.7518lare.5129KillingTimeZ.5289 8 votes
I just want to quit the game
6%
Luna.9640Nightcore.5621Turtle Dragon.9241DoomNexus.5324Pyriin.3291SexyMofo.8923Dave.6819mtnjkbm.7452Drennon.7190WindBlade.8749 10 votes
I am here for comments
3%
Fat Disgrace.4275Kondor.2904Obfuscate.6430Woltarion.6829Grand Marshal.4098 5 votes
No opinion
3%
Lonami.2987VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618aspirine.6852Ayon.9875Mungo Zen.9364 5 votes
<1

Comments

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think it's good enough, at least we know there is some more effort put into the maps this time around.

Pls just permaban me by now so I can stop going back here

• Terter.4125Terter.4125 Member ✭✭✭

I'm really sad because they're sprinting trought the story and there is so much that can be shown/explained in the Icebrood Saga and currently it feels quite vague. Would like more polishing and longer story, don't care about the expac if they'll rush the story.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:
    I think it's good enough, at least we know there is some more effort put into the maps this time around.

Definitely, I think maps till Jormag Rising were very engaging with various events, activities, meta events like Drakkar or once Claw of Jormag's meta was fixed, it feels like a nice and rewarding experience.
    As for Champions I think changing the way parts of core maps look is definitely a cool idea, and making them instanced won't make a mess in the future with all those ambushes when new players start playing - something that probably looks weird when a new player sees entangled places by mordremoth or mordrems, while doing story with Zhaitan.

Still I hope a new location will be added in Judgment - 4th chapter.

The quality of music also definitely adds so much to locations like Alpine Marches, Eagle Flight, and battle music in Drizzlewood Coasts and more

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

H. P. Lovecraft

• Zephire.8049Zephire.8049 Member ✭✭✭

I'd like to be excited since I was excited about other episodes (I love we're finally getting more charr lore) but the last episode felt like it was 1/3-1/4 an episode in terms of content and whatever rush they had going on internally was evident in how there was no conclusion to the story and the story progress notification stayed on people's HUDs even though there was no way to progress.

Maybe the new episode will make up for it, but I can't get excited about it until it's out and players can see what's really in it instead of getting hyped by a trailer.

Speaking of trailers, the one for the new episode didn't mention anything new so that's another reason why I'm not excited. New skins, a new ally faction, a new emote, and some more DRMs? That's what the trailer for the previous episode had and what players knew would be in this episode as well.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2021

I'm not excited in the sense of bouncing around, unable to sleep, can't wait for the moment it happens etc. but I rarely get that worked up about anything unless I'm at a concert. In this case it's probably for the best because I doubt I'll be able to play it tonight, and might have to wait until the weekend and it would be really annoying if I was that excited and then had to wait that long. (Not as bad as when Guns N' Roses got back together and it took them a year to get to Europe, but still annoying.)

But along with exploring new maps the story and lore is what interests me most in GW2 (and most games) and I like finding out what happens next. At the moment there's several things I'm curious about. I absolutely do not trust Jormag, but I do wonder if we'll end up working together for a while and if so when/how we'll be betrayed. I want to know how Braham's prophecy dilemma is going to work out - will he kill Jormag or will Jormag kill him? What will happen to the world if anyone kills Jormag? Can Aurene contain or control the magic or will we get more problems with excess loose magic like we have in the past? What about Primordus? Are we going to see more involvement from the Spirits of the Wild? Is Ryland a lost cause now (I suspect he is) and if so who is going to end the threat he poses? And how is all this going to tie into us going to Cantha?

I like the on-going story and some of the long-running themes which have been established in this game and exploring where they lead. Sometimes I guess it in advance, sometimes I'm surprised, sometimes it's both. Either way it's fun to find out what happens next.

(BTW a bit of feedback on the poll: I think you've got a good range of options, and well worded so there's no obvious bias in the options, but it would be helpful if they were in order from most to least excited (or the reverse) so the results show the overall trend.)

@Terter.4125 said:
    I'm really sad because they're sprinting trought the story and there is so much that can be shown/explained in the Icebrood Saga and currently it feels quite vague. Would like more polishing and longer story, don't care about the expac if they'll rush the story.

I agree, but I don't think that will affect the expansion story. I think that problem is specific to Ice Brood Saga - Anet tried to present IBS as a return to the early years of GW2 with all new stuff coming via Living World updates rather than dividing it between LW and expansions and the response was endless complaining that if we don't have paid expansions the game is dead, nothing which is being released counts and there's no point playing. So in response Anet announced the next expansion earlier than planned, and I think cut short IBS (which I suspect was intended to be a longer season than we've had recently) and cut a lot of the content from it in order to get more people working on the expansion and get that out sooner. It's a shame but apparently it's what players wanted, so here we are.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"Life's a journey, not a destination."

• Terter.4125Terter.4125 Member ✭✭✭

@Arden.7480 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

Definitely, I think maps till Jormag Rising were very engaging with various events, activities, meta events like Drakkar or once Claw of Jormag's meta was fixed, it feels like a nice and rewarding experience.
    As for Champions I think changing the way parts of core maps look is definitely a cool idea, and making them instanced won't make a mess in the future with all those ambushes when new players start playing - something that probably looks weird when a new player sees entangled places by mordremoth or mordrems, while doing story with Zhaitan.

The quality of music also definitely adds so much to locations like Alpine Marches, Eagle Flight, and battle music in Drizzlewood Coasts and more

I think the frozen Lake Doric will exist only inside the DRM accessed trough the asuran portal in EoTN. The real Lake Doric map will stay untouched.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Terter.4125 said:

@Arden.7480 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

I think the frozen Lake Doric will exist only inside the DRM accessed trough the asuran portal in EoTN. The real Lake Doric map will stay untouched.

Yeah, it's very cool :)

H. P. Lovecraft

@Terter.4125 said:

@Arden.7480 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

I think it's great. This could also set a precedent where they make more instances that do this. I can't recall any other time they have done this and it could help open up more stuff in the future, because instead of making a full map and having it fully functional they can isolate parts of it and change those.

• I am here for comments

Meh I guess anything to break the monotony of yet another day in WvW. Other than that, meh

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No opinion

Meh, just meh. Didnt like the previous ones, but that doesnt mean this one cant be good. As long if it is any different from beating down a health sponge..

• Touchme.1097Touchme.1097 Member ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for Champions to end so I can hopefully see a lengthy EoD cinematic in the end

The reason why I have spent real money to buy the whole Crystal Saga is because I like the lore and ArenaNet is doing a good job in keeping the game interesting with new content and modes that bring something new to the game. As a customer, my choice to buy EoD or not will depend from the finale of this content which hopefully will bring some balance to the current state of the game.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

Oh yes, the hope that this cheap substitute for a story chapter will finally end really pleases me. I'm only disappointed that i will have to wait for two more of the parts of it first. Although i would definitely feel better if i could hope that what comes after will be better - and as things are now, i'm not so sure of this at all.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Terter.4125 said:

@Arden.7480 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

I think it's great. This could also set a precedent where they make more instances that do this. I can't recall any other time they have done this and it could help open up more stuff in the future, because instead of making a full map and having it fully functional they can isolate parts of it and change those.

For a start it could be a way to bring back Season 1: have instanced versions of those maps, or the relevant parts of the map, with the season 1 storyline stuff going on.

That could enable them to bring back the whole thing, instead of a few random fragments like we've gotten so far.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"Life's a journey, not a destination."

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm excited for the continuing story but that's about it.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

I still have hope chapter 4 will redeem this horrible mess they’ve put the game in.

I’m a glutton for punishment

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Shadowmoon.7986Shadowmoon.7986 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2021

Bad storytelling, it is like ls3 is in an alternate universe.
    Bad content, strikes were a step back from challenging geoup content, drm is even further back.
    Bad character progression, outside of mount stealth, none of the masteries are any good. The rgb beams and emp nades probably made the playerbase dumber thinking cc skills only exist on the special action key.
    More vaporware: alliances, legendary armory, steam release, any news at all on any of these announcements?
    Edit more disappointment:
    Addressed a non problem from a streamer about accessing equipment of niche stats, but did not fix accessibility of volcanic storm caller set.
    Did not return the female idle animation as the stretch emote.

• I can't wait for Champions to end so I can hopefully see a lengthy EoD cinematic in the end

We seem to get less and less story with each release. I'm very exited to see whether tengu mean that we can see the Dominion of the Winds.
    Hopefully with the xpac.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Terter.4125 said:

@Arden.7480 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

For a start it could be a way to bring back Season 1: have instanced versions of those maps, or the relevant parts of the map, with the season 1 storyline stuff going on.

That could enable them to bring back the whole thing, instead of a few random fragments like we've gotten so far.

I really wouldn't want Anet to waste their time instancing LS1 for nostalgia-sake. I prefer that they move forward, not backward. Yeah, people missed out on LS1. So did I. I just don't think that it is profitable enough to go that route as opposed to creating new content. Also, I'm not sold that there is a large enough portion of the player base that is dying to have LS1 content.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Hypnowulf.7403Hypnowulf.7403 Member ✭✭✭

Isn't that surprising?

I mean, mathematically you have to account for who visits and forum and why. In any community the majority of forum-goers are going to be those who complain and wish to dominate with their will by being the loudest possible. That's the top spot covered, then. What I find interesting is how close it is even if we account for the differential of voices on an Internet forum. Usually, those who post on a forum don't do so with positive intent.

Adjusted for that, this is a surprisingly positive outcome. Interesting! I figured thatt this content was more popular than the consensus of the forum would think but there's a growing voice of positivity here contrary to that. That's what I find so fascinating. I expected the complainants to dominate the polls, which ultimately they did but not by the margin I'd expected before seeing the results. Hmm! How interesting that is.

• Tseison.4659Tseison.4659 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah nothing about this saga is/was exciting. We’re all just waiting for EoD and I hope we get some information on it really soon so we can start preparing for it.

• Zola.6197Zola.6197 Member ✭✭✭

Welp, I had a really thoughtful and in-depth comment but y’all got the first thread deleted apparently. 🙄

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:

We do?
    Were did this info get released?

• Nightcore.5621Nightcore.5621 Member ✭✭✭
    I just want to quit the game

@Raizel.1839 said:
    This is the worst living/saga they ever released.

Ahh. Season 2 was worse :)

• Moradorin.6217Moradorin.6217 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2021

I love living world and the way we get bits on content to break things up. I loved LW4 made Vision trinket, etc.

Originally, I wanted to like Saga. I dd Bjora a fair amount, did most of the AP, but I noticed it had more grindy ap than usual, then each episode the basic AP and MPs seems to become expensive an grindy (needing to craft whole sets of skins I may not even want that cost a kitten). Now, for the first time since starting playing gw2 almost 9 years ago I just dont care. I skipped Drizzlewood because I can get gold without grinding and the AP is scares amd the MPs and meta achievement require doing things like crafting expensive kitten. So well, kitten that. So I have pretty much been blowing off Saga ever since Drizzlewood's 2nd part dropped and became apparent what a waste of time it would be if I dont plan to do the crafting and grind the map ALLOT JUST FOR MASTERY POINTS THAT ARE ONLY USEFUL TO GRIND THAT MAP MORE. Talk about pointless circular hampster trail of kitten OMG.

So at this point I find myself unable care about Saga.

Also unless Anet can follow up on what they said they would do for balance (MORE NOT NONE), address the whorrible template system and how it doesnt really work fo legendary weapons properly so now I prefer ascended weapons cause they are more conventient than legendary since you can swap them and not have to apply all the sigils and infusions EACH time OMG. Also one dodge mirage needs to be reverted. Otherwise I could honeslt give a kitten about kitten EoD too.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

We do?

The fact that the instance in Lake Doric isn't just the same map, but the water is back and frozen over. It's changed, so definitely more work done than just sectioning the map alone.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

Although to be fair I haven't been excited for any release in a long time.

Last time I can remember was waaaay back when they said they would be updating the skills on kraits but that turned out to be very disappointing.

edited January 19, 2021

@Hypnowulf.7403 said:
    Isn't that surprising?

I mean, mathematically you have to account for who visits and forum and why. In any community the majority of forum-goers are going to be those who complain and wish to dominate with their will by being the loudest possible. That's the top spot covered, then. What I find interesting is how close it is even if we account for the differential of voices on an Internet forum. Usually, those who post on a forum don't do so with positive intent.

Adjusted for that, this is a surprisingly positive outcome. Interesting! I figured thatt this content was more popular than the consensus of the forum would think but there's a growing voice of positivity here contrary to that. That's what I find so fascinating. I expected the complainants to dominate the polls, which ultimately they did but not by the margin I'd expected before seeing the results. Hmm! How interesting that is.

Not really. It's an odd poll with far too many options to make it clear cut either way. So far the two most negative opinions are dominating far and away the more positve one when combined, but that depends how you want to extrapolate the data.

We could say in this case the forums are where the more loyal players are, so there will be the most hope. Those who have given up wont post either way. Interestingly enough having seen opinions on Twitter (where LS is usually very well received) and in game chatter and other places, the forums have no been more vocal in negative opinion towards the previous chapter.

This poll seems to focus less on complaints and more on hope than anything else and loyal forum regulars will realistically have the greater desire for the game to improve. I don't think it's an indication at all that players are enjoying it (and the poll roughly shows that to an extent)

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• I am not... Nothing about the saga excites me

More closed instances are needed: strikes, dungeons, fractal, raids and prizes worth striving for.
    This game is 8 years old and the skins you can collect are few for a product that's been on the market for so many years.
    I've been helping a friend for the last 3 months and we've finished everything in this game

• Mungo Zen.9364Mungo Zen.9364 Member ✭✭✭
    No opinion

After the last 2 releases (or was that 1 release in 2 parts...) there hasn't been enough to be excited by, I am not expecting anything. Considering how badly the launch of Truce went, anything can be better, but even then I don't put that expectation on Anet.

What would be nice is if the content and rewards are good enough to be replayable to get the achievements, something I couldn't be bothered to do so far.

If Anet treats this content like fluff before the expac then as a player, I will also treat it like fluff.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sibila.5463 said:
    More closed instances are needed: strikes, dungeons, fractal, raids and prizes worth striving for.
    This game is 8 years old and the skins you can collect are few for a product that's been on the market for so many years.
    I've been helping a friend for the last 3 months and we've finished everything in this game

Dang all legendaries in 3 months?

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Terter.4125 said:

@Arden.7480 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

Visions of the Past resurrecting the S1 missions showed me that the content is objectively awful and should have zero resources devoted to making it playable again.
    When I think about all the hits and misses for IBS, no misstep stands out to me more than the rehashed season 1 material. Spending the time and money to get this content live again would be a pretty clear signal from Arenanet that it was time for me to take my time and money elsewhere.

"We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content." Gaile Gray 01.10.19

• Solanum.6983Solanum.6983 Member ✭✭✭

I want to be but I haven't really enjoyed the saga past Borja Marches and this whole chapters seems very bare bones and focus on DRMs which I don't enjoy.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sibila.5463 said:

Closed instances does not an MMO make. I don't think that GW2 "needs" more of them at the cost of no other open world content (or competitive content for that matter). I won't argue against having closed instances in addition to other content, though. It seems to have its appeal, although to what extent only Anet has the metrics to define.

Three months and have finished everything? You have all of the possible achievements? That's amazing.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Raizel.1839Raizel.1839 Member ✭✭✭

@Nightcore.5621 said:

@Raizel.1839 said:
    This is the worst living/saga they ever released.

Ahh. Season 2 was worse :)

Not really, not for me at least. S2 brought 2 new maps with good metas in the end, SW especially.

• Witch of Doom.5739Witch of Doom.5739 Member ✭✭✭✭

I just want it to be over. Bring on the next full expansion. LW is so boring; I slog through it but don't like it.

• radda.8920radda.8920 Member ✭✭✭

I am excited that this saga is coming to an end. The content was really boring and shameful

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

Still not excited about IBS but today's patch is pretty nice.

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2021

I am not bothered either way. This dungeon thingys remind me of missions in GW1, so one and done. Slowly getting the idea Anet doesn't want crafting to be end game and bow down to the lazy, which is a shame.

• Kondor.2904Kondor.2904 Member ✭✭✭
    I am here for comments

@Linken.6345 said:

@Sibila.5463 said:

Dang all legendaries in 3 months?

Legendaries barely provide any value tho D: unless you like the skins or attempt some real tryhard min/maxing, considering most meta builds revolve around 2 stats for dps and 2 stats for support builds.

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's just terrible.
    The prologue was good, but then Episode one to four took a drop in quality.
    And Champions is so bad, the game would have been better off with a content drought.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2021

While this latest chapter was far better than the previous release, story- and DRM-wise, it still has to deliver a good finale for me to forgive the "Truce" fiasco. Also, picking "Forging Steel" as the daily for this community event week is a terrible choice, as it's boring, repetitive content that many players have already finished achievement-wise and no longer need nor want to play daily.

P.S. Still intrigued to see how Ryland will finally be done with, that annoying brat.

@Ashantara.8731 said:
    While this latest chapter was far better than the previous release, story- and DRM-wise, it still has to deliver a good finale for me to forgive the "Truce" fiasco. Also, picking "Forging Steel" as the daily for this community event week is a terrible choice, as it's boring, repetitive content that many players have already finished achievement-wise and no longer need nor want to play daily.

P.S. Still intrigued to see how Ryland will finally be done with, that annoying brat.

Many of us haven't completed the achievements though, so Forged with Steel daily is a great choice for us. It's also better and more interesting than every single one of the DRMs. Would have much preferred more in that style.

• I'd like to be excited, but everything is subpar

I was excited before the first chapter, and then I went too disappointed. Now I'm not sure if I will buy EoD...

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

We do?

The fact that the instance in Lake Doric isn't just the same map, but the water is back and frozen over. It's changed, so definitely more work done than just sectioning the map alone.

Well, that map was here since the previous subchapter already. The first part of the Champions episode had already 10 DRM instances included - it's just 7 of them were locked. So, if anything, they put way less effort into maps this time around, since they did not make any new one.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

I liked the story in this chapter.

• zityz.6089zityz.6089 Member ✭✭✭

It has taken then 7-8 years for us to kill of 3 dragons. Now they're trying through rush 2 more within a fraction amount of time with a story that has been all over the place, all before the expansion.

@zityz.6089 said:
    It has taken then 7-8 years for us to kill of 3 dragons. Now they're trying through rush 2 more within a fraction amount of time with a story that has been all over the place, all before the expansion.

We can’t really know if that’s true until it happens. That appears to be the inevitable conclusion at the moment, but that could end up a red herring. Judge the chapters that have released, and hold the verdict on forthcoming content until you can actually play it.