What do you want to see the most in EoD? - [Merged]

I want expansions to come with new classes. That has always been what excited me most about expansions. HoT had one and PoF had zero. This has been my biggest disappointment with GW2. Elite specs are fun but they don't quite scratch that itch. I would rather see new classes and never get another elite spec again. Each new class can come out with two elite specs to keep things on par with existing classes. And please please please do not give another mechanic like the Rev's pre determined utility skills bar. That killed the class for me.

I'd like a new race. Ideally tengu because I have an idea for a tengu pirate called Captain Seahawk and if he's my next permanent character he'll also be my 12th man. (Not an American football fan but I know so many people in Seattle I am obligated to care about their team....or hear endlessly about why I should.)

Other than that I'm not sure, a new profession could be interesting if they can find something distinct enough from what we've already got that it stands out and I've enjoyed both gliding and mounts so maybe a new way of moving could be fun, but again I'm not sure what they could add that wouldn't just feel like a duplicate or minor change to the options we already have.

Mostly though I just want new areas to explore, new people to meet and lore to find and a new storyline driving it and that's pretty much guarenteed.

While I want an engine update and a retuning/remaster of core, I don’t think that makes much sense for EoDs. I think those things could massively improve the game, however.

A new race works as a big expansion selling point, though I am doubtful we’ll see it.

Of the options I think I'd go with Optimization/Engine Upgrade. If they want to continue the game for the coming years this would be a huge help.

I think Transportation is pretty solid as it is now unless Climbing where to somehow become a thing, other than that Mounts have every form of transport covered pretty much.New Races would be nice but I think the amount of work involved in making them isn't worth it. I'd much rather the money and development time go to other aspects of the game that exist currently and are in desperate need of attention like Raids or WvW.I think the base game is fine, and the game needs to make money somehow. The game is incredibly cheap for the amount of content you get with the expansions as well as living world being free as long as you log in periodically.PvP/WvW I would like to see get some attention but mostly just frequent balance patches nothing specific to EoD.

There area a lot of little things that could be very interesting to me.

As a competitive noob in both PvP and WvW I would like to see the gap between skills/traits removed or at least tightened up. Part of the reason I don't engage in these competitive modes is due to the differences in skills and expected outcomes. Mirage with one dodge is the easiest example but there are a lot of differences in every profession. With this being an expac and a rebalance coming with assumed new Elites, this would be a good time to do a holistic pass and bring PvE closer to PvP/WvW.

Lightworld/Darkworld System as in Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, where you can explore the same map twice with different objects to interact. Changing stuff on the Light Side has an effect on the Dark Side and vice versa. Different NPCs, different Events ... pretty much The Ancestor Tree, but as full expansion. With masteries tied to both worlds and options to travel between the worlds, manipulating stuff.

Black Lion Trading Company getting replaced by the Xunlai Guild. New design, new software and hopefully less lagg.

Jewel-crafting 500 with the ability to craft Infusions with special boni like:

• running speed passive
  • HP recovery passive
  • Durability passive reduction of stun/condition durations
  • Magic Find/Karma/Exp/Gold gain
  • resurrection/revival/finishing speed
  • concentration as resistance to be interrupted while channeling a skill
  • cosmetic auras of course

Companion/Pet system, where you can obtain and level a creature that aids you in the game with minor tanking, buffs & heals. The Companion becomes stronger if you play group-content with groups smaller than recommended. Making it possible to solo Dungeons and Fractals with significantly less loot. A nice story about obtaining and raising that companion.

Duel mode for sPvP and WvW with a special match-maker. You pick your game-mode and fight an opponent from the same. No rankings, only dailies and reward tracks. If you are in party while joining such a match, your party members get an option to watch the match as spectators. They can only see you in 3rd person and 1st person view, not the opponent.

Although I answered the poll one way, I would like to see many that are presented and just somehow getting the overall game back to play as you like with the community on-board with the core ethos of the game. That is a dream though.

Additionally, they have already made all the major choices of the game, and you, the patron have already decided what you like and what you don't like. It's up to you to understand why you made the choice to feel as you do when the final product is presented.

Optimazations, modernizations, and improvements to problems we have.

1) Don't use 900 aggro range on nearly every enemy like we have with PoF/LWS4. Dealing with a chain of aggro after aggro is so infuriatingly annoying for some of us, we just avoid these maps like the plague. Occasional enemies with 900 range is fine, but giving almost all enemies such long aggro range like in PoF/LWS4 is very annoying.

2) Reduce visual clutter so that players can actually see. Right now, too many metas and world bosses are mindless and incomprehensible mess. It's like we're fighting flashing lights that may randomly kill us. Combat is just too shallow, mindless, and not at all engaging.

3) Let us move the target UI to the side. Again, we can't see the enemies.

4) Let us turn off the player names (displayed as blue text on field) while in a squad. Again, we can't see the enemies.

5) Reduce the unhealthy and painfully bright visual effects and flashing lights. The brightness/contrast on some maps is so extreme it is literally painful for me to look at the screen. Then there are the ridiculous bright flashing lights every time a Holosmith uses a skill, whenever a Soulbeast mounts (exiting Beastmode), whenever a jackal uses the engage skill, whenever gathering with the Volatile Magic gathering tools, etc.

6) Give us metas and bosses that have actual, interesting mechanics. Too many are just mindless and you can finish them with auto attacks while barely paying attention to the game. At least give us more dangerous moves with clear tells so that we have to dodge if we don't want to get killed. They don't have to be hard, just give us something more engaging. Also, don't make encounters drag on for too long. Some metas/bosses last too long for how simple the encounters are.

7) Give us more repeatable solo stuff with meaningful rewards. Too many solo events are only worth doing once for a collection/achievement. Solo maps are often dead. Contents with good repeatable rewards are mostly for groups, but not everybody likes to mindlessly zerg constantly. Also, sometimes, we want to play specific maps, but there are no groups available.

I don’t see any of these happening, so I have no plans to buy EoD.

I would like to see Luxons and Kurzicks again, also the consequences of the changes in Kaineng and Cantha.Would love to see come back of Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry, farming some Faction, get some good-looking armour and get some weapons connected to Factions.If I may guess - there will be 2 Raids connected to Urgoz and Kanaxai, which may of course be the Champions of the Deep Sea Dragon.So many guesses, so many thinkings, I would like to be shocked the same way, that I was shocked in 2006...

PvP. Since the Cantha stuff in GW1 also was focused on PvP. And PvP/WvW needs bigger updates. Barely anything major happened since release.

Optimization and modernization is not new content. That should happen separately. And with focus always on the latest content I do not think any changes will bring back more players to the old core Tyria. They should just leave it as it is. Engine upgrades would need to make sure that the hardware minimum specs would not increase. (To not lose players or force them to buy a better computer.) Should be optional then. (Question is if it is worth the work? In terms of earning money. Will cost a lot but not attract new players since it is not content.)

Race was discussed in another topic. Too much work. (Armor skins and stuff. And changes to older story if you wan them to be able to play the old core story as well.) And it would likely annoy players whose preferred race didn't get to be playable. As long as they didn't do a lot of different new races. (Even more work.)

I guess a different method of transportation would be nice. Maybe limited to Cantha. Ships or something. Would be fun. Lol. :D There probably will be different masteries for the maps only. Interesting new ones. But I just don't see how anything more than mounts can be made to fit into the old maps. If it is only for the newer maps ... a lot can happen.

There also is still the option to add new elite specs. (Even though this might also mean lots of work. To balance them towards all the other existing stuff.) A lot of people are expecting/wanting it. And the previous expansions brought them as well.

A lil bit less work might be 1 new profession with 2 elite specs. (No more other/3rd elite specs for the existing ones.)

So I am for:

1. PvP/WvW
  2. New transportation/interesting masteries
  3. Elite specs OR (better) a new profession

in that order. Elite specs or a new profession probably are most likely.

(And new maps and stuff of course don't need to be mentioned. They are sure to happen with Cantha being new continent to explore then.)

I voted Game modernization, simple because when the content had been played through EoD, you're going to return to core at some point. Leave it alone too much and for new comers or alt characters, the journey getting to the new content can be a slog.

However my next vote would be other, as I hope they really can expand their thought process and add better rewards for doing things in the game. I hope they can find the confidence and add some mount skins into achievements without the fear of loosing revenue in the game. It doesn't have to be 2k gem worth mountskin but they apply these methods to weaponskins, armor pieces, and etc. So more unique rewards, I'm tired of looking at mount skins and saying "Oh well he/she bought it from the store."

Last but not least, greatsword for elite spec Rev and rifle for Core Rev ha ha, just a selfish want tbh. (Hammer is terrible IMO).

@Luthan.5236 said:There also is still the option to add new elite specs. (Even though this might also mean lots of work. To balance them towards all the other existing stuff.) A lot of people are expecting/wanting it. And the previous expansions brought them as well.

I omitted Elite specs from the poll since those are pretty much a guarantee. (imagine the riots if there were none!)

@Luthan.5236 said:Optimization and modernization is not new content. That should happen separately. And with focus always on the latest content I do not think any changes will bring back more players to the old core Tyria. They should just leave it as it is. Engine upgrades would need to make sure that the hardware minimum specs would not increase. (To not lose players or force them to buy a better computer.) Should be optional then. (Question is if it is worth the work? In terms of earning money. Will cost a lot but not attract new players since it is not content.)

Modernization is new content however. Imagine if core professions got new/redesigned weapons. (Look at core Engineer for example. We literally only have ONE main hand weapon that isn't tied to an elite spec.) That would open up so much build diversity. Modernization can also bring people back to old maps, while I can't speak for everyone I really do enjoy the world design of core Tyria but often don't play in it because fighting there is a snooze-fest. Aside from dungeons while leveling there is (imo) no challenge at all until lvl.80 when you move onto the expansions/Living World. This might also help new players as I've actually had a friend that liked the game til about the mid-40's until they quit because it became too boring for them. (Tried showing them buildcrafting however they didn't really see the benefit since things died so easily anyways and builds are much more important in the end-game that they unfortunately never got to.)

As for optimization while that itself isn't new content it can still be a highly sought after feature many veterans look forward to.