Best NA Server for WvW PUGs?

Comments

• PrinceValentine.9320PrinceValentine.9320 Member ✭✭
    edited February 3, 2021

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:

@Ronin.4501 said:

Oh yeah? Guess what squad brought SoS to 1st now on VP on Tier 1. Do you guys even command pugs or you're just so used to running with your guildies? People will not follow you if you're not popular. You're not popular enough for me to know you and I've been playing with SoS for some months now. I don't think anyone from your guild can even get the same number of followers that this ele commander is constantly getting, to follow you.

Quickrain's not on SoS so I guess the joke's on you? Or maybe you're just a joke? For someone accusing another of being too self-important, maybe you should try being a little more self-aware?? A lot of veteran commanders pay attention to other commanders who aren't on their server. Clearly this doesn't apply to you.

Anything you say is not gonna change the fact that SoS is 1st now on Victory Points and that ele commander made that possible.

You guys saying that SoS only wins fight when they outnumber the enemies.

And yet, pulling a .8 K/D ratio. The only server in T1 less than 1.0.

claps

who cares about kdr anyway? lol. i don't care. i played pvp for more than 3 years straight without touching any other game mode on this game. you don't win a match by having the most number of kills, there is no deathmatch mode of pvp on this game. you might as well just play a shooting game if you're into that.

the amount of saltyness on this thread is ridiculous. lol

• kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2021

@Ganz.3917 said:

@kash.9213 said:

That's just a bunch of common sense stuff people hear a lot already.
    "There's a complexity to WvW including builds, comps, synergies, and things that drivers do that many people that "pug" behind a typemander will never grasp.
    Most of the "pugs" he was talking about also get on discord a lot and hear all of the call outs and everything else so whatever drivers are doing beyond the usual squad stuff must be super secret.

You need to get out more. Every commander is different and has different ways of doing things. It's why some people gel with some commanders, and on others are just a walking bag. There are a TON of factors into every micro decision that should be made as a driver. The complexity increases when you are facing many unknowns with pugs. The "good" drivers understand this, and also why many new drivers struggle to get a foothold. Now on the flip side as a pug, a "good" pug now has to understand the commander they are following. Even being in discord and hearing the callouts is not just a simple 'common sense.' Commanders are often more than that; they are leaders. Leaders who have to juggle a lot more than simply commanding. Here is a short list of things I worry about as a 'private' guild commander:
    Where is stab coming from? Secondary Stab?
    Where is protection coming from?
    Where is Resistance coming from? What is the uptime?
    Where are cleanses coming from?
    Where are boon strips/corrupts coming from? How many?
    Where are offensive boons (might, fury) coming from? Full uptime?
    Where and how often are special boons (quickness, alacrity, superspeed) coming from?
    How can I arrange parties to best manage above?
    How much range damage do I have?
    How much melee damage do I have?
    How much lockdown, cc do I have?
    How much support do I have to sustain melee, ranged?
    How often do I have big cooldowns to wait for?
    Do I have enough stealth to cover squad?
    How quickly will cracks form in the squad causing a wipe?
    What are the enemy groups capable of?
    How many enemies are there?

That's just at squad creation, and many of those questions compound off each other. I'll even give the average pug the benefit of the doubt and assume they are on a meta class with a fairly meta build. (Which is more rare when following a pure typemander). The average pug knows 'I play scourge.' kitten kitten DROP WELLS. No, wait DROP WELLS WHEN COMMANDER CALLS. Okay, what about a commander like me who doesn't make well calls because I have a level of expectation of necro players to know? Well with pugs I see a lot of scattered wells, at random times. How about knowing when to use wells on first push, or saving wells for downs, knowing when the enemy is going to res? How are the warrior bubbles going to play out, both enemy and friendly? Is there a choke to focus on? Do we want there to be a choke? Now take even just this short accumulation of possibilities and compound them to where they all affect each other.

Now I know what you're thinking, 'why would a pug care about this?' And my response is, why shouldn't they? Isn't it valuable to know if you have stab, cleanse prot, etc in your party? Valuable to know if you are going pirate ship or be more aggressive? And average pug, following a typemander or a pugmander in discord without the proper groundwork, they just won't grasp it. Even with callouts, when I do have pugs follow I get questions on what specific callouts mean, and it's not because I use weird terms like 'pizza' to note enemy down players (TY GS).

So many little factors that pugs simply won't understand. It's also why some commanders can make people feel like gods and you can take the best players in the world who eat it because the commander isn't up to snuff. I see it on my own server watching people follow one commander, vs others and the difference it makes. It's not that drivers are doing stuff beyond the usual 'squad stuff'. It's that the average pug doesn't even know the usual 'squad stuff'.

You wrote a lot for nothing. The guy could have explained all that but he wrote his post the way he wrote it.

How would you know what I'm thinking? I wouldn't ask why a "pug" would care about that. Most "pugs" are someones guildy at this point, most people aren't questioning stuff like that and are probably asking questions about what they need to bring. Of course some don't, that's the case with any game mode. You basically agreed with me but felt the need to get up your own kitten a bit.

Northern Shiverpeaks [EL] & [SD]

• Ganz.3917Ganz.3917 Member ✭✭

@kash.9213 said:

You wrote a lot for nothing. The guy could have explained all that but he wrote his post the way he wrote it.

How would you know what I'm thinking? I wouldn't ask why a "pug" would care about that. Most "pugs" are someones guildy at this point, most people aren't questioning stuff like that and are probably asking questions about what they need to bring. Of course some don't, that's the case with any game mode. You basically agreed with me but felt the need to get up your own kitten a bit.

Because being in a guild automatically means you know what you are doing and are better than pugs. :5head: I can assure you, there are many guilds out there who are worse than an average pug.

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2021

No to be 'that guy' but you people realize that it is stuff like this that breaks communities and bottlenecks the mode, right?

When servers get reputations of being the "best", the "best for pugs" or the "friendliest to pugs", that is when they see transfers deep into full. Then they subsequently get locked and may get unlinked. Then whatever made those servers appealing to begin with is ruined and those behind that transfers off or stops being friendly. Then people like you (you, the would-be reader of this) call those players and groups out when in reality: You are the problem, not them, you and the system. They may eventually become toxic, but that is often preceeded by a majority influx of players who are not willing to help, adapt or let themselves be lead. That is toxic even though it is rarely noticed as such (egoism is easily as toxic as profanities or frustrations turning to requests to demands or call-outs). That comes with players who often see themselves entitled to the content while wanting to play their own way - expecting the PvP of WvW to be inconsequential like the mentoring of PvE farms. Things like that does not factor in full servers, full maps - or that the groups who create pickup content and share that - are dependent upon recruitment and access to their friends who help out on both maps and servers. That is, in its most bare bones summary, what kills WvW under the existing system.

The best way to approach a server is to go there with the intention of helping out with the content creation. Don't look to join a server, look to join a guild that participates in public content creation.

edited February 3, 2021

@Ganz.3917 said:

who cares about kdr anyway? lol. i don't care. i played pvp for more than 3 years straight without touching any other game mode. you don't win a match by having the most number of kills, there is no deathmatch mode of pvp on this game. you might as well just play a shooting game if you're into that.

There's your first mistake, assuming you can 'win' WvW.

https://ibb.co/KrWKFL1

SoS must be really bad.. look at the Victory Points and the Warscore. Lmao

The reason SoS is really good when it comes to the pugmanding is because of the pugmander. I have never seen that commander lose his/her cool, very charismatic when it comes to giving directions to the members of the squad and also the scouts on other maps and very welcoming to the newbies of the game mode.

First, WHOOSH. Second, SoS is really bad.

• @Ganz.3917 said:

First, WHOOSH. Second, SoS is really bad.

make your jealousy a little less obvious next time.

• QuickRain.4735QuickRain.4735 Member ✭✭
    edited February 3, 2021

@Ganz.3917 said:

who cares about kdr anyway? lol. i don't care. i played pvp for more than 3 years straight without touching any other game mode. you don't win a match by having the most number of kills, there is no deathmatch mode of pvp on this game. you might as well just play a shooting game if you're into that.

The reason SoS is really good when it comes to the pugmanding is because of the pugmander. I have never seen that commander lose his/her cool, very charismatic when it comes to giving directions to the members of the squad and also the scouts on other maps and very welcoming to the newbies of the game mode.

You very special keep up the good work...make your server proud!

No one is jealous of your server coming in "first"...expect maybe DB and BG

• @QuickRain.4735 said:

@Ganz.3917 said:

Is that your comeback? Lol. You must be an Einstein irl.

• @PrinceValentine.9320 said:

@QuickRain.4735 said:

@Ganz.3917 said:

Oh no you got me...what will I do...

• @QuickRain.4735 said:

@QuickRain.4735 said:

@Ganz.3917 said:

I don't even get why you keep responding with stuff that's not even related to the original post. Lol. Pathetic.

@QuickRain.4735 said:

@QuickRain.4735 said:

@Ganz.3917 said:

I don't even get why you keep responding with stuff that's not even related to the original post. Lol. Pathetic.

I don't even get why you think victory points and warscore mean anything. Pathetic.

@QuickRain.4735 said:

@QuickRain.4735 said:

@Ganz.3917 said:

Aren't you doing the same thing? I even said keep up the good work! here I was being super nice! Big words hurt....will cry now.

• I commanded on Devona's Rest and Crystal Desert. Devona's Rest with Kyros Guild and Crystal Desert with Mint Guild. I can say that I had some shortcomings when I was still pugmanding, I don't think I have the same patience as this pugmander on SoS. That's why I am very impressed and I decided to transfer to SoS. So this is my recommendation for people who are looking for a server with a friendly pug squad.

Enough said.

I commanded on Devona's Rest and Crystal Desert. Devona's Rest with Kyros Guild and Crystal Desert with Mint Guild. I can say that I had some shortcomings when I was still pugmanding, I don't think I have the same patience as this pugmander on SoS. That's why I am very impressed and I decided to transfer to SoS. So this is my recommendation for people who are looking for a server with a friendly pug squad.

Enough said.

Re-read the initial post since you have a fascination with telling other people to stay on topic. Look at the last two points:

2. Players are generally skilled enough so that fights are often enjoyable, come on voice chat, and follow commands instead of scattering like a swarm of pewpewing locusts
    3. I'm most after the fights but I don't want an extreme imbalance between PPT/fights

FIGHTS. SoS does not fight, and when they do they die. Hence the .8 k/d. Most people do not find that enjoyable.

@Ganz.3917 said:

If you think warscore makes you skilled I feel bad for you. Play a real competitive game, there's plenty on the market, if you want to have an ego about being on a leaderboard. In any esports game I'd consider sos and it's general player base to be ultra casual. I'd also consider you to be ultra casual and low tier for having such a terrible outlook on game systems and the community at large. There's nothing wrong with being casual or enjoying the way other casuals play but let's not convince ourselves that we're skilled because we can ppt and run from fights. Like you said, it's pathetic and I feel bad for you.

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm really impressed nobody brought up the aussie swarm yet
    Or did i ruin it -_-

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• @LetoII.3782 said:
    Or did i ruin it -_-

I don't have anything against sos or what Claire's doing, I just think it's silly to have an ego over a game without a real competitive system. Posting imgur links to warscore only shows to us that they're a bad player trying to justify their own ego with a metric that doesn't mean anything.

edited February 3, 2021

@Mixes.7164 said:

@Ganz.3917 said:

If you think warscore makes you skilled I feel bad for you. Play a real competitive game, there's plenty on the market, if you want to have an ego about being on a leaderboard. In any esports game I'd consider sos and it's general player base to be ultra casual. I'd also consider you to be ultra casual and low tier for having such a terrible outlook on game systems and the community at large. There's nothing wrong with being casual or enjoying the way other casuals play but let's not convince ourselves that we're skilled because we can ppt and run from fights. Like you said, it's pathetic and I feel bad for you.

Let me say this again, gw2 has no deathmatch mode on any of its pvp content like SPVP or WvW. So your kdr doesn't really matter. You can go ahead and fight and kill other players on open fields but main focus of the game is to capture to win. Is this a really hard concept for you to understand?

And what's wrong about being casual? You did make it sound that it's terrible. Do you even make money out of this game? As far as I know, gw2 left the e-sports scene when spirit rangers were still a thing on Spvp.

If you're really into kdr, this game is not for you. You may as well just play a shooting game. You can boast about your kdr over there.

@Mixes.7164 said:

@Ganz.3917 said:

Let me say this again, gw2 has no deathmatch mode on any of its pvp content like SPVP or WvW. So your kdr doesn't really matter. You can go ahead and fight and kill other players on open fields but main focus of the game is to capture to win. Is this a really hard concept for you to understand?

And what's wrong about being casual? You did make it sound that it's terrible. Do you even make money out of this game? As far as I know, gw2 left the e-sports scene when spirit rangers were still a thing on Spvp.

If you're really into kdr, this game is not for you. You may as well just play a shooting game. You can boast about your kdr over there.

Sorry to break it to you, but not everything is about you. Read OP, OP wants fights. When you look for fights, you typically want to win said fights. Stay on topic please.

@Mixes.7164 said:

@Ganz.3917 said:

And what's wrong about being casual? Do you even make money out of this game? As far as I know, gw2 left the e-sports scene when spirit rangers were still a thing on Spvp.

Grade 1 called and told me you're failing reading comprehension.

If you want to be on a server that's low skill, runs from fights and only ppts then have at her. Just don't tell people it makes you good or that you're "winning." What exactly are you winning anyways? A chance to play against the same server for months with no variation and being stuck sitting in your third on eb until a couple roamers fart in your direction and you get 2 bags? Wow yeah I'm real jealous of you. Top tier player over here, very skilled, deserving of your massive ego.

2 warscore per kill. Technically, it does matter.
    As far as spirit of competition goes, I guess some of us are playing a real estate acquisition game?

edited February 3, 2021

@Mixes.7164 said:

@Ganz.3917 said:

If kdr doesn't mean anything, a players use of their builds should. By design fighting and siege shouldn't be separated but also by design they're allowed to be because we can come in after each other and flip anything quickly. A structure can be heavily equipped but if there's only a handful in there to defend it's going down, especially if they have to split their efforts on more than one wall. Currently the only real deciding factor is how fast can all of the fighters get there to defend and can they fight what's there, or, what time of day it is.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LetoII.3782 said:
    As far as spirit of competition goes, I guess some of us are playing a real estate acquisition game?

I want waterfront please.

Thank You for the {MEME}

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

Boardwalk is a fools gambit.
    Red/yellow is the real killer

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

Orange and purple for the win.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• don't go to tc their pugs don't follow comms or even play meta builds

te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

edited February 4, 2021

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

Oh does money grow on trees in bgbl?

Edit: nvm i was thinking green/blue.
    Filthy peasant

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2021

SPvP has it's 2v2 swiss tournament mode which, per definition, is TDM.

WvW has always had GvG both as spontaneous on-map content and as player-run events. That ArenaNet has gone out of their way to try to ruin it doesn't change that. It doesn't have to be a separate mode to exist or to be something that you could participate in if you wanted to.

I think most people posting here or who have played WvW since the game came out understands that PPT has a larger impact on score than PPK (or that the mode is most fun when both of those things can go hand in hand, since PPK matters more when PPT is even or vice versa). However, they also know, in EU especially, that the PPT side of things have always been broken (hence the calls for population balance and scoring changes since 2012). That is why so few people care about it now as the PPT has always been less about who is the most successful at actually PPT'ing.

It has always been more about who has the most players (even though the game is built for equal sides), who has stacked the most players from the "wrong" region (thus operating outside of the idealistic rules) or what servers are allowed to operate outside of the physical rules (not being full/closed when other servers become so). That is why no one who has a fundamental understanding about PPT or even cares about the holistic idea of PPT and PPK together attributes any value into PPT or the ladder. Those "PPK haters" are right when they say that #1 isn't #1 and never really has been. If you then want to engage in PPT or play casually because you enjoy that on a personal level, knock yourself out. It is fine until you start rubbing it in people's faces, grandstand, make false statements or diminish any real objective issues other players may have.

That said, people could obviously always be nicer or more constructive when they talk :3

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

Oh does money grow on trees in bgbl?

Edit: nvm i was thinking green/blue.
    Filthy peasant

We can nickel and dime with the best.

Of course evidently not like the kings of SoS.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LetoII.3782 said:
    Or did i ruin it -_-

That's the timezone already being talked about though...

• cobbah.3102cobbah.3102 Member ✭✭✭

@QuickRain.4735 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Ronin.4501 said:

Oh yeah? Guess what squad brought SoS to 1st now on VP on Tier 1. Do you guys even command pugs or you're just so used to running with your guildies? People will not follow you if you're not popular. You're not popular enough for me to know you and I've been playing with SoS for some months now. I don't think anyone from your guild can even get the same number of followers that this ele commander is constantly getting, to follow you.

Quickrain's not on SoS so I guess the joke's on you? Or maybe you're just a joke? For someone accusing another of being too self-important, maybe you should try being a little more self-aware?? A lot of veteran commanders pay attention to other commanders who aren't on their server. Clearly this doesn't apply to you.

Anything you say is not gonna change the fact that SoS is 1st now on Victory Points and that ele commander made that possible.

claps

who cares about kdr anyway? lol. i don't care. i played pvp for more than 3 years straight without touching any other game mode on this game. you don't win a match by having the most number of kills, there is no deathmatch mode of pvp on this game. you might as well just play a shooting game if you're into that.

Magumma use to win matches all the time with KDR

Until they realised it kept them out of t4 where they really belong against empty servers.

• Best NA PuGs Server is TC - now that we are a link, that makes it even better, relink every month, and getting to learn and know what other servers are doing is the start of a great journey, I as a TC welcome you.

edited February 4, 2021

Is there video of ele commander? I haven't played during OCX in a long time. Video would also help the OP see if that's the kind of fights they're looking for.

• So sos is pvdoor champs on off hours, great ?

@cobbah.3102 said:

@QuickRain.4735 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Ronin.4501 said:

claps

Magumma use to win matches all the time with KDR

Until they realised it kept them out of t4 where they really belong against empty servers.

They're Voltroned with NSP again this link so there's gonna be "empty servers" all the way up to t1 again \o/

• Mag is reaping the rewards of a 2v1 alliance to see them out of T4 right now. Will they achieve the same success in higher tiers? Maybe, if NSP can PPT everything that's not EBG. It's always been a challenge for Mag to play outside of mother's watchful gaze, so let's hope NSP can keep it up

@Cael.3960 said:
    Mag is reaping the rewards of a 2v1 alliance

I don't think SoR and ET had a formal alliance going...

@Shroud.2307 said:

@Cael.3960 said:
    Mag is reaping the rewards of a 2v1 alliance to see them out of T4 right now. Will they achieve the same success in higher tiers? Maybe, if NSP can PPT everything that's not EBG. It's always been a challenge for Mag to play outside of mother's watchful gaze, so let's hope NSP can keep it up

I don't know why it's so hard for some people to understand that Mag DOES NOT CARE about PPT. They live in EBG because it's high action and fastest to traverse to get to a fight. All the server does is call where zergs/groups are, everyone congregates in that area to fight it off, rinse and repeat. If there's a group to fight somewhere that isn't moving but constantly regrouping (common places for this to occur are at Ogrewatch, SMC side of Green Keep, and at the ruins choke of Blue Keep), they will stay there and fight endlessly until action dries up.

No one cares if they lose the match, and no one cares if an objective flips. A "2v1 alliance", which right now it isn't, would be something Mag would enjoy because it means they don't have to go anywhere for action.
    The only way to annoy the server is to do what BG does and dodge the cloud by staying off EBG.

Doesn't CTH still run on the borderlands though?

• @Shroud.2307 said:

@Cael.3960 said:
    Mag is reaping the rewards of a 2v1 alliance to see them out of T4 right now. Will they achieve the same success in higher tiers? Maybe, if NSP can PPT everything that's not EBG. It's always been a challenge for Mag to play outside of mother's watchful gaze, so let's hope NSP can keep it up

I don't know why it's so hard for some people to understand that Mag DOES NOT CARE about PPT. They live in EBG because it's high action and fastest to traverse to get to a fight. All the server does is call where zergs/groups are, everyone congregates in that area to fight it off, rinse and repeat. If there's a group to fight somewhere that isn't moving but constantly regrouping (common places for this to occur are at Ogrewatch, SMC side of Green Keep, and at the ruins choke of Blue Keep), they will stay there and fight endlessly until action dries up.

No one cares if they lose the match, and no one cares if an objective flips. A "2v1 alliance", which right now it isn't, would be something Mag would enjoy because it means they don't have to go anywhere for action.
    The only way to annoy the server is to do what BG does and dodge the cloud by staying off EBG.

Some true, some false.

True - mag doesn’t care about ppt.

True - we like Ebg for the access to fast fights.

False - we don’t care about what tier we are in. Idealy we want quality fights throughout the day.

False - we don’t like to lose a match if it means staying red or being in t4.

I speak for all of mag.

Plz n ty

• Shroud.2307Shroud.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Chaba.5410 said:

@Shroud.2307 said:

@Cael.3960 said:

Doesn't CTH still run on the borderlands though?

True, yes. I'm not sure about [BoB], but they were very PPT focused as well. So Mag isn't completely absent of guilds that work the BL's, just that there aren't many.

Necro/Engi/Ranger/Rev | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    [YWY] Weeping Valley | [xo] Fantasies
    My Youtube: Shroud
    3rd year of being rank 10k! 32nd to reach max.

• jul.7602jul.7602 Member ✭✭✭

@lordmeowalot.8135 said:
    Hi all!

I'm looking to transfer from EU to NA and am looking for a server with a healthy public community, namely:
    1. Frequently has skilled commanders that enjoy leading PUG groups
    2. Players are generally skilled enough so that fights are often enjoyable, come on voice chat, and follow commands instead of scattering like a swarm of pewpewing locusts
    3. I'm most after the fights but I don't want an extreme imbalance between PPT/fights

I don't mind there being lots of guilds as long as 1-3 are there (anyway, it seem like its often guild members who lead) but I don't have the schedule to allow joining a hardcore guild at the moment.

Would greatly appreciate any recommendations, thanks!

As far as average skill level, mag pugs are leagues ahead of other pugs from different servers. Mag is also very fight oriented. However, we don't (rarely) use voice coms. Frankly we don't need to, as we just steamroll through most groups anyway.

@jul.7602 said:

@lordmeowalot.8135 said:
    Hi all!

I'm looking to transfer from EU to NA and am looking for a server with a healthy public community, namely:

I don't mind there being lots of guilds as long as 1-3 are there (anyway, it seem like its often guild members who lead) but I don't have the schedule to allow joining a hardcore guild at the moment.

As far as average skill level, mag pugs are leagues ahead of other pugs from different servers. Mag is also very fight oriented. However, we don't (rarely) use voice coms. Frankly we don't need to, as we just steamroll through most groups anyway.

I'm bad, I've been linked with them twice and still don't know any of the guilds. I actually don't even know my own servers guilds anymore after a couple years of guilds transferring in and out of there aside from a couple maybe. NSP doesn't have the largest core of pugs who can just pick up and go but they're easy to cover because they read each other and know when to set up something to rush or bounce. Mag pugs are similar, I know if I open something up they'll jump on it and I don't feel like it's wasted effort when I cover people to walk in or out of something. I like builds that can move around and rethink stuff.

There are good pug pockets all over but some servers might have more organized guilds filling up a map and if more of them are all about do or die pushes, there won't be enough of a self serving tail or floaters around to drag out a fight. If I was OP and didn't have the funds to transfer I'd keep eating kitten for awhile and make a show of helping people out and trying to synergize with their builds and comps as much as a floating group can and some people might take the hint and pick some of that up over time.

edited February 7, 2021

@jul.7602 said:

@lordmeowalot.8135 said:
    Hi all!

The biggest problem of talking up a server's pugs is you end up getting transfers of people who mostly are just there to feel as if they're highly skilled when all that's really happening is they're getting carried, especially when the numbers increase to "steamroll" levels.

In the past it was guilds I remember like VR on Mag that were actually fights oriented. They didn't hang out constantly in EBG hugging SMC siege and didn't use numbers to steamroll.

• Chaba nowadays I think it's just IV and CL for fight focused guilds. Every couple months or so TIE will fire up for about a month or two before retiring again. Most of Maguuma exists as a pug cloud or little roaming groups like KRAB and BURN. That being said, it's still the most fun I've had in gw2 because it's no pressure, plenty of action, reliable teammates and amusing teamchat.

• That being said, it's still the most fun I've had in gw2 because it's no pressure, plenty of action, reliable teammates and amusing teamchat.

And this is why I’m on mag so long. It’s kitten warfare all day everyday.