Horrendous FPS During Serpent's Ire — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Horrendous FPS During Serpent's Ire

Now it could be my computer but I am able to run the rest of the game on pretty high settings with no problem and even the area this event takes place in, but during this event (even when I drop every graphical option to minimum) I get a frame every few secs. Is it just the concentration of players (I have never had issues in other metas) or just the number of players all with the brand debuff perhaps? I saw many other complaints but it was not universal.

Is this bad computer or bad settings? Can I do something to help because I will not be doing this event again otherwise given how awful it was to play.

Comments

• Vyrulisse.1246Vyrulisse.1246 Member ✭✭✭

It's not just you. It's something about that event that hits everyone to varying degrees.

• People on Reddit theorize that it's the skimmers- apparently there's something about the way the game handles their, uh, skimming that is fairly resource intensive, so the more you have in one place, the harder it is on the servers.

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

When the branded hydra boss does the breath attack it covers the entire screen and my fps drops to 4 or at best 6.
    I did Serpent's Ire once and honestly I'm not going to bother with that meta event ever again.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.