1/19 patch message "Exquisite Serpentite Jewels are now tradable." BUG (They are account bound)

@Moradorin.6217 said:Title says it all. I have a stack of Exquisite Serpentite Jewels in my bank they are account bound and clicking them doesnt consume/convert or otherwise make them tradable. therefore, I am left to believe this is a bug which needs fixing to make the 1/19 patch factual.

I guess the existing ones sadly won't be changed, because there is this sentence at the start of this part of the patchnotes:

Some items are becoming tradable. For the following notes regarding items becoming tradable, existing account-bound items will remain bound, but items acquired after updating the client will be unbound. Updated materials can be unbound by depositing them into material storage.

@skydelirious.4185 said:

@TDC.1627 said:Yeah that is stupid. Existing Account bound ones should be made tradable.

Naw if they made that trade able , people would make profit off them :pThis new patch is for balancing economy I guess

Disagree, the main reason would be that it is beyond the teams expertise and/or they couldn't be bothered at this time due to the difficulty. So yea, there could be (and should be) a merchant.

@"TDC.1627" said:Yeah that is stupid. Existing Account bound ones should be made tradable.

This is a game limitation. The ones you would acquire now are different items and they can't retroactively change that. Usually that's why you would get a vendor who "trades" the account bount ones to tradable ones. They probably didn't think it necessary/it was too many items.

@skydelirious.4185 said:

@TDC.1627 said:Yeah that is stupid. Existing Account bound ones should be made tradable.

Naw if they made that trade able , people would make profit off them :pThis new patch is for balancing economy I guess

Not necessarily as there would be enough on the market to launch them in at the right price. By doing this they are increasing the rarity. If the ones people had before the patch were tradable then they would not be over a gold each right now.

@TDC.1627 said:

Not necessarily as there would be enough on the market to launch them in at the right price. By doing this they are increasing the rarity. If the ones people had before the patch were tradable then they would not be over a gold each right now.

But aren't these already rare ? Idk Maybe it's just me .Maybe my assumptions are wrong ?