What is your opinion on IceBrood Saga — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

What is your opinion on IceBrood Saga

vier.1327vier.1327 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2, 2021 in Living World

Hi there, we are at the end of the season and I want to ask;

What is your opinion on IceBrood Saga, 1 to 10, being 10 the best score.

Mine is clearly a 2.

It is the first time I do not play the chapter the first week that is online.

Masteries are meh, capes does not add anything, at least for me, and the story has been disappointing and difficult for me to follow. DMs also meh, and strike missions feel like half a raid boss.

I do not know what happened to the game direction, maybe Covid-19 or focusing too much on End of Dragons. But this season has been the worst that I have played ( playing since the beginning of Ls2)

What is your opinion on IceBrood Saga 207 votes

22% 46 votes
13% 27 votes
12% 25 votes
14% 30 votes
9% 19 votes
8% 18 votes
8% 17 votes
7% 16 votes
1% 3 votes
2% 6 votes
<13

Comments

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2021

@Randulf.7614 said:
    I'm not going into detail - there's loads of others threads on this subject and my thoughts can be found better in those

In summary it's average. It has some moments and some of the gameplay has been enjoyable with maps ranging from great to uncharacteristiacally poor (usually the second half of each map). In fact it started off excellently. This Chapter and the last were a low point though. It's not even that the idea of DRMS or the story is inherently bad, it's just side content that should be accompanied by deeper content. The DRM's also need a solo option. Players should have the option to do challenges or story at their own pace.

I agree on the quality and quantity of the content, at that point I learned to accept it was going to be that way till the end. I'm mostly sad because we're likely never going to get the Wolf and Leopard shaman armors or similar nifty skins. Quality of the weapon models dropped Drastically too. Some of the dragonslayer weapons that have blue blades look like they're made out of plastic, or unfinished. The only weapon that I could notice was different was the Azure Dragonslayer Staff, it has an effect and seems to be the Only one that does, the Crimson Staff doesn't, it isn't consistent.

On the other hand, I have readily been able to solo all the DRM storyline missions, and even the normal ones so far. It is excruciatingly long, but it is possible. One -major- gripe I have though : the Norn Shaman allies. They just die. All-The-Time. What point are they if they're dead from the start of a boss battle to the finish. Every time I see them as default allies my mind draws a blank and I back out. They are a pain to make use of, and their benefit is negligible. I dont ask for their buff to be boosted, but their health please. You get only 4, but they last as long as a standard Vigil soldier. So 20 seconds against 2 non veteran Destroyer. Enough.

Sidenote : You made the United Legion allies give us Charrzooka that properly use the animation : Please extend this to the Racial Charrzooka skill. It is a bundle, and the model look awkward, whereas the new model and animation works perfectly for it. Throw your charr engineers a bone !

• aside from story (after the prologue), which imo is veeery lackluster, the maps are really well made, and staples for farming and fun. Sadly mobs are veeeeeeery boring, barely anything new or challenging, it's really off-putting having gone through the insanity that was heart of thorns, and the punishing range of mobs in path of fire and then regressing to the most generic mobs ever.
    Strike missions are cool, really hope they at least give us one or 2 more.
    Dragon response missions are very boring imo
    overal not bad, even if the content is slow and this final chapter is very lackluster so far, the maps are incredibly replayable compared to other LW episode maps.

• Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

It started out so strong. The Prologue was the most fun I have since GW2 launched. The prologue was almost as good as GW pre-searing!
    Then each release just got worse. Well, not sure about the latest, I have not even bothered looking at the latest one. I quite frankly do not care to go wherever it went...

• Shadowmoon.7986Shadowmoon.7986 Member ✭✭✭✭

I had two hopes from the patch, the return on the old female idle animation as the stretch emote and a better method to get volcanic weapons. I got neither.

• Makuragee.3058Makuragee.3058 Member ✭✭✭

3 because the map look good. I would have put 2 but since the prologue was so good I'll jump one number. But oh my god the champion stuff is awefull.... And the new meta is the worst, so freaking grindy, probably gonna be the first meta achivement ever I wont do, I have no willingness to farm those awefull grindy boring achivement.

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2021

Tbh the story is good and the first few maps have a lot to do.

Overall i am not fan of the champion releases but i do like DRM more than i liked strike missions. The ability to do stuff solo but also in groups without making stuff to easy is kinda nice.

Overall i am luke warm on the whole shtick but i dont hate it.

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tukaram.8256 said:
    It started out so strong. The Prologue was the most fun I have since GW2 launched. The prologue was almost as good as GW pre-searing!
    Then each release just got worse. Well, not sure about the latest, I have not even bothered looking at the latest one. I quite frankly do not care to go wherever it went...

My hypothesis is that the prologue got produce mainly pre lay offs. The lay offs had a big impact on the release quality as far as i can see.

• Fenella.2634Fenella.2634 Member ✭✭✭

It has some really low lows, but also some really good patches. All in all, I'd still rank it higher than LS2 and LS1, but considering that in the meantime we have learned how good the LS can get, it's a disappointing season.

I really hope ArenaNet does not consider any of this "expansion-level content" anymore. Otherwise, I'd be very concerned for the actual expansion content. I do hope it will be way above IBS-level content.

• WindBlade.8749WindBlade.8749 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2021

Honestly, the first half before everything got kitten up with NCsoft firing people and corona where really good, better then some others living world seasons, but after the firing and the corona, they pretty much throw it away in the trash bin with the drm and just placed every hope they had in their new DLC.

Some people will find it stupid as saying, just delay the extension and finish the saga correctly.
    Others will find it's a good choice, think what you want.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2021

@Danikat.8537 said:
    As other people have said I think it's a shame they're so obviously rushing it because of the complaints about not having another expansion after season 4. For one thing I always thought one of the strengths of Anet was that they're willing to experiment and do things on their own schedule, but apparently having established a 'pattern' of LS season, expansion, LS season, expansion, they are now required to rigidly stick to that or get accused of killing the game.

I don't think complaints factored into that decision.

I'm pretty sure cold hard numbers in term of revenue were to "blame" for their decision to change their approach. Given the revenue was at an all time low and not recovering.

Players give way to much credit to the forum drama and bs. If revenue was up and the game in a good spot without an expansion announcement, I can guarantee you the forum mumbo jumbo would not have mattered. It's just in this case the forum mumbo jumbo coincided with a huge drop in players willing to spend money.

• Senqu.8054Senqu.8054 Member ✭✭✭

Ice brood Sage is wasted resources. PvE content in this way is the last thing this game needs. Who cares if you have an new environment if you play the same kitten build / weapon set for 8 years.

• TheLadyOfTheRings.9148TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2021

Storywise I really like Icebrood Saga, but I wish these new chapters were a bit longer. We wait weeks and weeks for a new chapter, and then do it in less than 30 minutes.

In terms of masteries I don't like it that much, for some reason it all feels a bit confusing to me. For example, when we got the Raven mastery I thought we would get the Bear, Wolf, and Snow Leopard masteries as well. But turns out we got other masteries instead (and I don't think we have enough time to get the other 3 Spirits at this point). Then the allied factions and dragon response missions... I just don't find this fun to play and don't think it adds much to the game.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2021

Gonna put a 4, but it's because of the 4 episodes. Not the 4 upcoming chapters! /jk
    The four episodes got good looking maps, the little lores pieces were nice and the story well was for the most okay with some weird twists and unwanted deaths.
    I would have preferred going further into woodland cascade or ascalon than having those DRMS. Really. Each DRM make me want to remove points. They are unnecessarely long, reward not enough faction marks, all challenges drm can't be done solo and that's an issue. No lore / No extra talk in those... 2012 foes not even new ones.
    A story so predictable and flat feeling like a kid written it. "Oh! So surprising! The dragon about LIES and PERSUASION, LIED! W O W unexpected...." and I just have enough of that skrittpoop of I want to corrupt the spirits of the wild.... oh i'm ice, so it's logical, i'm freezing peoples!!! WHO WROTE THAT? So bad god. I don't even speak about the other half of the arcane council that don't show themselves (maybe because they understood that this saga is bad and they rage-quit). Aurene that has no role. Wow.
    So yeah was kind, a 3 or 2 out of 10 is maybe more suited.

PS: Stop promising stuff you not gonna do, you already lied and scammed us by showing in the trailer centaurs and what seemed like kraits, things we don't have and will never have at this point is seems; and now you announcing using the spirits of the wild again? I tell you, this gonna be scrapped and cut content again.

Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN/PRIMORDIUS EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

• The Fear.3865The Fear.3865 Member ✭✭✭

I really liked grothmar, LS4 prologue. Still play almost every day on this map. Good drops, noice events, beautiful map, boring story as always but at least fast episodes.

Then Bjora was cool, great maps and metas, boring story, cool jumping puzzle aspect of many achievements.

I didn't like drizzlewood but the map is awesome, and I understand people appreciate it, especially during the hard farm period at the beginning.

And then... Oboi... I don't even have enough motivation to try the new content.

• Yggranya.5201Yggranya.5201 Member ✭✭✭

Such a drag i haven't even completed half of it. Sure i unlocked them, but haven't bothered to partake. Story can't be salvaged anymore. Yeah, i still despise aurene. Drizzlewood was when i stopped bothering. UGH!

• @InsaneQR.7412 said:
    Tbh the story is good and the first few maps have a lot to do.

Overall i am not fan of the champion releases but i do like DRM more than i liked strike missions. The ability to do stuff solo but also in groups without making stuff to easy is kinda nice.

Overall i am luke warm on the whole shtick but i dont hate it.

Agree on this summary. Overall the storyline is interesting, a little predictable, if not especially well executed to many players. Highly enjoy some of the maps. DRM aren't the worst thing, just feel like filler until the expansion, which is hopefully where the focus is at the moment.
    I like the use of old maps but would prefer it to be a more dynamic, open world event where everyone could jump in. I love solo content, and grouping is fine, but makes it feel less urgent.
    The best content in the game? No. Is it free, yep. Is it something to do? Yep. Just sit back and relax peeps, everything doesn't have to be a timeless masterpiece.

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2021

@Danikat.8537 said:
    As other people have said I think it's a shame they're so obviously rushing it because of the complaints about not having another expansion after season 4.

Are they?
    I mean when IBS was originally presented to us wasn't it that the last several parts would be with the developers trying to incorporate the aspects they most liked about s1 into the story? or maybe it was a puff peice for an MMO site where this was mentioned. How they wanted to change the story telling near the end to do this.
    Isn't that exactly what they are doing now? Giving us these instances where places we know are under attack/change?
    And if indeed that was the plan all along, then how is it rushed?
    These DRMs have clearly been the plan from the beginning. To transition the game towards a place where they can tell the stories they want without worrying about the headaches that the development approach to s1 created. In a way that makes them repeatable and relevant as group content.
    The problem isnt that they have rushed the end of Icebrood, the problem is that they are spreading it out too thin. What should have been 4 months of content updates now becomes 6-8 while they continue work on the expansion.
    I don't think this was rushed. I think it was the plan all along, but that the DRMs would release weekly or biweekly.

I like what we are getting, but I will forever wonder what we could have had and how much more interesting it could have been if only people had been willing to give them a chance instead of endlessly going on about the game dying because they didn't have to pay for it.

To blame the portion of the playerbase is a little puzzling.
    This was the play by Anet,
    Don't be surprised if a lot of your End of Dragons story is told in a similar way.

"We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content." Gaile Gray 01.10.19

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:
    As other people have said I think it's a shame they're so obviously rushing it because of the complaints about not having another expansion after season 4.

Are they?
    I mean when IBS was originally presented to us wasn't it that the last several parts would be with the developers trying to incorporate the aspects they most liked about s1 into the story? or maybe it was a puff peice for an MMO site where this was mentioned. How they wanted to change the story telling near the end to do this.
    Isn't that exactly what they are doing now? Giving us these instances where places we know are under attack/change?
    These DRMs have clearly been the plan from the beginning. To transition the game towards a place where they can tell the stories they want without worrying about the headaches that the development approach to s1 created. In a way that makes them repeatable and relevant as group content.
    The problem isnt that they have rushed the end of Icebrood, the problem is that they are spreading it out too thin. What should have been 4 months of content updates now becomes 6-8 while they continue work on the expansion.
    I don't think this was rushed. I think it was the plan all along, but that the DRMs would release weekly or biweekly.

I like what we are getting, but I will forever wonder what we could have had and how much more interesting it could have been if only people had been willing to give them a chance instead of endlessly going on about the game dying because they didn't have to pay for it.

Don't be surprised if a lot of your End of Dragons story is told in a similar way.

Quite so. They hinted at the Champions releases being this way as far back as Feb 2020. We simply do not know if there was a change of direction and if there was, when that happened. It's possible Champions wasn't meant to be the end of the Saga and much more was planned of course. With the Game Director leaving and seemingly never replaced, I suspect some change may have happened around the time of the presentation, but it's clear a lot of this was always going to happen expac or no expac

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Loboling.5293Loboling.5293 Member ✭✭✭

Got to give it a 5 sadly. It started not too bad, was enjoying it, although issues in pvp and wvw were slowly isolating my enjoyment to just living world. Finally, it was bad enough for me to quit playing, for about 3 months now. Although, I called this game home for 8+ years, so I'm still keeping up with it. I'm honestly feeling a bit more optimistic for some reason, but from a narration perspective, the story has gone off the rails. Hopefully they can get off 'the 100' binge they seem to be on lately.

Still, given the cost of the game, it's not terrible, I really just miss the quality of releases we saw for most of the games life. They used to catch a lot of the little details that made the world feel alive, but these days, even the big things seem to make no sense and pull you out of immersion.

I'll be honest, the writing issues have been getting worse and worse (although it's only part of what is making these releases feel mediocre). Going all the way back to Kralk, the story started veering off. I feel the writers have put themselves into a corner, with this rapid dragon execution business, that makes your character feel like a God incarnate, only to take that away whenever the writers need it.

The story these days feels inconsistent, that's probably the best way to put it. It really reminds me of watching the show 'the 100'.

Still, I won't be only negative here, I haven't tried the latest chapter yet, and from a system's perspective, they did some good this release it seems. And if they can get pvp or wvw into a fun state again (not sure myself, but will try today), I don't mind odd narration in the living world, since I've got other things to do in the game.

• Ogwom.7940Ogwom.7940 Member ✭✭✭

I really like the first few episodes.
    To me, Prologue was one of the best episodes out of all the other living world seasons.
    The Vision's of the Past update also comes in second for me.
    I am quite disappointed with the Champions releases, I dislike all the new weapon sets as well as most of the DRMs.

I just want new weapon and armor sets that are more plain and realistic looking, compared to overly flashy.
    It would have been nice if they could have finished off and released the Wolf and Snow Leopard Shaman armor sets.

• As others have said, prologue and the initial episodes were alright, even better once i had a chance to get into them properly. Champions? No. If this keeps going downhill at this rate i'm going to assume all the talent has left or else hope that they are all working on the expansion. At this point i am basically doing dailies and minimum on Champions and that is sad this soon after a release.

• radda.8920radda.8920 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2021

The worst thing that has happened to guild wars since scarlet.
    We clearly feel that the great talents of the arena team have left the game since the beginning of living story 4, I don't feel anymore the soul of the game at all in terms of story and content. What they dared to do with the dwarves in the last update was inconceivable.

I'm a little afraid of what they are going to do in cantha ..

2/10 (for the good prologue)

@vier.1327 said:

I do not know what happened to the game direction, maybe Covid-19 or focusing too much on End of Dragons. But this season has been the worst that I have played ( playing since the beginning of Ls2)

Lots of important people have left arena team for 2 years(the good writers, devs that took care of the raids ...)the loss of quality in the game mainly comes from there, we pay the consequences

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

Are they?

So, are DRM possible to complete solo? Because if the answer is "no" they might as well not exist. If that is what the future holds, then that's bad.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

Are they?

So, are DRM possible to complete solo? Because if the answer is "no" they might as well not exist. If that is what the future holds, then that's bad.

They are I have done the first 3 solo, and judging by the two I ran yesterday they seem to be in line with the previous released ones this release as well.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

Abysmal story, worse characters, and awful "rewards". I have given up playing the story in this game and only log in to do WvW and instanced content with my guild.

• Tukaram.8256Tukaram.8256 Member ✭✭✭

@Yggranya.5201 said:
    Such a drag i haven't even completed half of it. Sure i unlocked them, but haven't bothered to partake. Story can't be salvaged anymore. Yeah, i still despise aurene. Drizzlewood was when i stopped bothering. UGH!

Yeah. Drizzlewood was when I bailed out. The prologue was awesome, Bjora was boring, Drizzlewood fizzled out completely. I have not bothered to see what came after.
    Would anyone say I missed anything fun?

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

Are they?

Of course they are.
    But to say that content must be soloable to exist in an MMO is among the more misguided comments someone could make.

"We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content." Gaile Gray 01.10.19

• Zola.6197Zola.6197 Member ✭✭✭

I have mostly liked Icebrood Saga. It started really strong, had some great writing, and I really liked the characters. For what it’s worth, I also like the stories and dialogue in the DRMs. It is hard to listen/easy to miss important lines in the middle of battle, but that’s not exclusive to DRMs really.

The biggest shame imo is feeling like the story was intended to be much fuller and fleshed out. Whatever the reason, that is disappointing for a story that had so much potential.

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭✭

There are interesting ideas and news: we are not the only champion anymore (although I still don't like Steelcatcher), Aurene is not the only reasonable dragon, Braham became the best character of the saga (I didn't think that it was possible to say something similar), but yeah, it seems a bit rushed to the end. Understandable, since many players are anxious to see the next expansion, so I find a "smart" idea from ArenaNet to give us short stories, with farming achievements and relatively easy content to develop while they work on the big one (don't say "if it's so easy, why don't you do it?"; easier compared to the previous living world's chapters ;P ).
    I'm glad that DRM can also be solo'ed, although I find the difficulty of the last ones still inconsistent (today they nerfed Lake Doric that was already the easiest one, together with Snowden D), but I'm pretty sure they are monitoring how many failures we have right now :) The new DRM CM seem definitely more challenging than the previous ones, idk if intended, like for the strike missions.

Btw, the Seraphs in Lake Doric still tell me "may Balthazar strengthen you". Shouldn't we give them the news, at some point? "You see, dear, idk how to say it... yeah, it was me, sorry."

• Liston.9708Liston.9708 Member ✭✭✭

Latest episodes suck. Bjora and Drizzlewood I liked. This went middling at 5.

• Bast.7253Bast.7253 Member ✭✭✭✭

A rating of "hot mess."

I wasn't a huge fan of Bjora but loved the aesthetics of the second half and the entire Drizzlewood map even if the second half felt like it was pointless outside of the meta and should have just been released as one full map.

Other big qualms, the story. It just hasn't been that interesting to me because it's just been Charr banter and politics for the majority with a few snippets of Jormag and Spirit lore. When I found out we were going North I was really hoping it would be a deep dive into Norn lore, the spirits, Jotun, the origin of the Eye of The North and perhaps some lost surviving Seer somewhere.

Instead we get whiny furry Braham (Ryland) and "RAWR ME CHARR, CHARR GO WAR, CHARR HAVE HONOR) blah blah blah.

Then, obviously, at some point someone decided to push out a Cantha expansion and the entire plan for the Icebrood release changed/got scrapped and they went with these Dragon Response Missions as filler to push out whatever they could while shifting the entire live team over to the expansion. I thought they still had 150+ people at the studio and figured that would be enough to keep the live game going plus your average story content for living world, but apparently not whether that's due to how last minute it was all decided or because they've yet again silently shifted a large portion of the studio to some unannounced project that will get canned at some point who knows.

Definitely hoping after this expansion is released they're able to find their bearings again, because it feels like it's just been chaos for the past few years. I can't imagine what it must feel like as a lower level developer at the studio right now

• Tyncale.1629Tyncale.1629 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2021

Season 4 had Rollerbeetles and Skyscales and some pretty nifty Mount Masteries and that alone makes it 10x better then Icebrood Saga.

The Masteries of the Icebrood saga are the biggest disappointment, the maps are ok-ish, I do kinda like Drizzlewood though doing the whole thing is quit a slog. The story is about Charrs and Brahm, nuff said (Do not like either). Also the game is suffering from Loot-fatigue. Mats, more mats, and then currencies(that you need a billion of) that buys you yet another ho-hum weaponset. Grindy and boring. And did we really need another Hub?

• If you look at the website glassdoor and the reviews of the company you can see that those issues are what led to this end product. Disorganisation of the vision is what will lead to a fractured release. That plus the lay offs plus the pandemic and they are just playing catch up and doing there best right now. They really need a confident and inteligent game director.

• Then, obviously, at some point someone decided to push out a Cantha expansion and the entire plan for the Icebrood release changed/got scrapped and they went with these Dragon Response Missions as filler to push out whatever they could while shifting the entire live team over to the expansion. I thought they still had 150+ people at the studio and figured that would be enough to keep the live game going plus your average story content for living world, but apparently not whether that's due to how last minute it was all decided or because they've yet again silently shifted a large portion of the studio to some unannounced project that will get canned at some point who knows.

Definitely hoping after this expansion is released they're able to find their bearings again, because it feels like it's just been chaos for the past few years. I can't imagine what it must feel like as a lower level developer at the studio right now

Let's be honest, they probably told us about Cantha this early on because projections of this season were fairly low and would be even worse if nothing short of amazing ( the most requested area) was announcedto instill massive amounts of hope and excitment.

• vicky.9751vicky.9751 Member ✭✭
    edited February 13, 2021

we were promised an epic storyline, which im not really getting. i love the maps..but everything else is just filler.

edited January 22, 2021

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

Are they?

Of course they are.
    But to say that content must be soloable to exist in an MMO is among the more misguided comments someone could make.

From how things are designed in GW2, anet agrees with me. Want to twist my arm in an attemt to make me join your grouping thing? I'll just bail insted.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

Are they?

Of course they are.

From how things are designed in GW2, anet agrees with me. Want to twist my arm in an attemt to make me join your grouping thing? I'll just bail insted.

There is plenty of content in this game that cannot be solo'ed.
    How is this Anet "agreeing with you"?

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:

Are they?

Of course they are.

There is plenty of content in this game that cannot be solo'ed.
    How is this Anet "agreeing with you"?

The fact that i'm not forced to participate in any of the forced grouping things. They have the group thing for people who like that, and things that don't require grouping for people like me. What, is EVERYTHING supposed to be for everyone? That's not how reality works.

• Let's just say, it's the first LS, that I haven't even finished previous parts when the new parts came out... I loathe that forced playing together. I like to play with others, but not when I MUST play with others to finish my story. Right now, I'm at the point where I might not even buy any upcoming expansion, if this is the way ANet is moving.

• Fangoth.4503Fangoth.4503 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2021

**overall: 1

Grothmar and Bjora: they are fine, nice maps, interesting concept with the introduction of strikes.

• Vision of the past: terrible, take the interesting concept of strikes to destroy it by releasing forging steel
    • Drizzlewood: nice map, bad meta and terrible strike
    • Champions: makes youselves a favor, don't release more and move devs to work on EoD

**Strike: You want to increase the number of player raiding? they release an ingame guide that player can lookup to have a detail of boss mechanics and the dev intended strategy to defeat that boss. It can really help the player that still move away from green in pirate fractal... and gives a player something to do during the multiple downtime between pulls ant it will be way more helpful that escorting a tank or killing stupidly weak adds for 4minutes.

**Dragon mission response: like remove the initial 5minutes thing at start. No one does it as it is not interesting at all and whether or not you complete it the mission continue so its better to go make a coffee and come back. is it reproducible? not at all, there is nothing to gain out of that except headhecks. Like stop wasting your time on it and work on EoD it's your only hope right now...

Putting icebrood saga on hold when starting working on EoD and releasing developpement updates, like few mins of gameplay in one of the new map, new specs updates etc to feed the player. then finish icebrood saga after EoD release before starting next living world would have been way better than ruinning the end of icebrood saga!

I'm definitively not gonna buy EoD at release as there is no raid, devs are wasting their time removing content from fractals and dungeons instead of adding any and living story are getting worse and worse, so yeah I will wait until the first raid is being released if it ever happens.