I want 2012 PVP back

Wisely.4819

We all do.

But the money and casuals have spoken.

You have to realize, nostalgia aside, that 2012-2015 was EXTREMELY oneshoty and punishing for new players.Basically bottom 50% of players are sooo bad, they kept dying to quickness+100b combos, so they nerfed and changed it to boon.Meanwhile the top 50% of players are surviving 1v10 , because they know how to "abuse" all the game mechanics that nobody teaches you ( no port spots, kiting, animation canceling and precasting, stealth openers, melee builds hitting nothing and poeple only dying cz everyone wore the best zerker amulet...)

Instead of potential niche high tier scenes like smash melee, the game rather went the normal mainstream route to not care about top0.01% balance but rather make average customer happy enough to buy next product. A business has to make money in the end.

@Flumek.9043 said:Instead of potential niche high tier scenes like smash melee, the game rather went the normal mainstream route to not care about top0.01% balance but rather make average customer happy enough to buy next product. A business has to make money in the end.

Many average players in my matches (at least I assume they are average, there is no telling with the Match Maker being dysfunctional) aren't happy with PvP either.All that condition spam, AoE spam and CC spam sucks the fun right out of it.

@Wisely.4819 said:Condi meta is unfun to play as/against, everything happens too fast with elite specs, with all the visual clutter you can't even see what people are casting anymore. legacy pvp mode without elite specs pls. also make trebuchet at kyhlo manual target again :(

Problem is, in the years they changed core spells/traits/equipment a lot as well. The game wouldn't feel the same as it was before. Otherwise as far as i recall, there have been posts asking for the same thing, especially when HOT-madness hit live servers but alas....