Your Ability is Ready to Train message (mastery)

Actually, it is not ready to train because of a lack of the needed mastery points.Every time any one of my characters earns pve kill exp a huge message pops up, covering my chat box. Every.. Single...Kill. Over and over and over......

I would really not like this to be a permanent feature on my UI and that I would be allowed to not have to see it if I decide not to pursue content I find to be objectionable or unwanted in order to earn mastery points .......just to kill the message box.

I honestly cannot convey how irritating and annoying this is in a humble, respectful and "positive" manner. From my forum search I see that this is a very old topic and complaint somehow deemed unworthy of notice. Frustration leads to frustrated posting.

Image from the old forum thread.gw010.jpg

Well, it just gets better. By selling off a lot of things, I was able to finish The Emperors New Clothes and get the final point for Pact Mastery. At this point I elected not to train in Legendary crafting (as it will require HoT) nor did I train in Fractals, I've never done one and don't intend to start.

This final point entailed purchasing a new char slot to make a charr and spending enough gold to buy 3 tiers of Charr Cultural. It was not cheap and did not stop the message spam, it just changed the text.

So now the endless spam message is to pick a new mastery to train. Same deal. Big nasty notice spammed on every kill. On all Level 80s. Over and over and over and over all day.This will be nbd to most of you. I am severely handicapped in my hands. I don't JP, I cannot do most of the content required for additional mastery points. I don't Fractal as I lack the dexterity and reflexes. Purchasing HoT would have been useless for me, I cannot platform. This is not a problem for me, I do not ask for unearned rewards.

All I am asking for is some end to this horrible, endless spam telling me I must do something I cannot do. It will be a game ending issue for me.

@Teofa Tsavo.9863 said:Well, it just gets better. By selling off a lot of things, I was able to finish The Emperors New Clothes and get the final point for Pact Mastery. At this point I elected not to train in Legendary crafting (as it will require HoT) nor did I train in Fractals, I've never done one and don't intend to start.

This final point entailed purchasing a new char slot to make a charr and spending enough gold to buy 3 tiers of Charr Cultural. It was not cheap and did not stop the message spam, it just changed the text.

So now the endless spam message is to pick a new mastery to train. Same deal. Big nasty notice spammed on every kill. On all Level 80s. Over and over and over and over all day.This will be nbd to most of you. I am severely handicapped in my hands. I don't JP, I cannot do most of the content required for additional mastery points. I don't Fractal as I lack the dexterity and reflexes. Purchasing HoT would have been useless for me, I cannot platform. This is not a problem for me, I do not ask for unearned rewards.

All I am asking for is some end to this horrible, endless spam telling me I must do something I cannot do. It will be a game ending issue for me.

Have you submitted a ticket to the CS Team, as I don't have that issue (lots of players don't have the Mastery Points to fill the lines), so it's not game-wide. (Or just pick a new Mastery Line to train; doesn't mean you have to put Mastery Points into it.) Also, should you ever want to purchase Cultural Armor again (on another account or...), you would not need to create a character to fit the race of the Cultural Armor. Any race can purchase the armor, and purchasing it unlocks the skin for the Achievement.

Good luck.

I have submitted a ticket. This isn't a problem with PoF mastery thank goodness, only Central Tyrian. It does seem to be an account problem. Picking the new line wont give me much respite, I did that when the spam became unbearable working for Points for pack mastery and that exp bar is nearly full.

Yeah, I made a charr to finally try the race and maybe get use of the armor. Unfortunately I'm too much Prophecy veteran to play a filthy animal. The intro story is a pack of lies, and I couldn't wait to kill her. Oh well, the slot gives me a nice even 20 chars.

There is a thread on this in the old forums, but I felt that posting there would be even more ignored. There hasn't been any ANET response that I can find.

Thanks for your reply.

Well, that would be because the old forums have been closed for over a month, so you would not see any responses there (nor can anyone, player or Dev, post there).

Also, I've seen mostly posts/threads about needing to unlock Masteries to rid one of the pop-up, not about your issue. You should hear back from the CS Team in anywhere from 1-3 days to 4 weeks+ (due to high volume).

Good luck.

Archived