Thieves, Mesmers and WvW. Sick of of this kind of stuff

@Veprovina.4876 said:I don't see what this has got to do with mesmers...

Mirage actually. Used to be able to glitch into stuff like this as well, the one I remember was using the sword ambush skill, there was at least one more, however I forget what it was. Ele conjured hammer used to (pretty sure was patched some time back) glitch you through tower doors, I think this one was patched after being around forever once a video of someone with an anet tag was shown using it to glitch past NWT gate and people got outraged on reddit about it. Then there was warclaw when first released, that dismounting and jumping on any class could do this as well, and even get over some walls, such as at hills and SMC.

The number of bugs and glitches in this game that have never been fixed are.....Amazing.

Oh, and if timed just right, though I have never been able to do it intentionally, I have had it happen twice when fighting someone and have seen it happen to one other person. On Guard, if you use JI, while an enemy goes into the portal, there seems to be a micro second phase where JI will actually port you through the enemy portal with them.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Mirage actually. Used to be able to glitch into stuff like this as well, the one I remember was using the sword ambush skill, there was at least one more, however I forget what it was. Ele conjured hammer used to (pretty sure was patched some time back) glitch you through tower doors, I think this one was patched after being around forever once a video of someone with an anet tag was shown using it to glitch past NWT gate and people got outraged on reddit about it. Then there was warclaw when first released, that dismounting and jumping on any class could do this as well, and even get over some walls, such as at hills and SMC.

The number of bugs and glitches in this game that have never been fixed are.....Amazing.

Oh, and if timed just right, though I have never been able to do it intentionally, I have had it happen twice when fighting someone and have seen it happen to one other person. On Guard, if you use JI, while an enemy goes into the portal, there seems to be a micro second phase where JI will actually port you through the enemy portal with them.

Ah, cool. :) So basically most professions could do something like that. Then that means that no single profession is really at fault, more like the structures are glitchy, no?

These are one of many things that will never be fixed - been years. That's why I also believe nothing will be done about the hacking general either, at least from the standpoint of fixing the issues in game behind the problem aside from penalizing the accounts involved. I also am under the impression that they probably cannot fix certain exploits/hacks, and probably why they don't have a working exploits email anymore, just feels like they don't want to deal with it and make it harder for people to report (just my assumption, and I am more than happy to hear why they don't have one anymore, from their mouth of course). It's a sad state of affairs especially when they don't respond.

@"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

Caught some staff thieves exploiting his mobility like this and porting allies inside. Small indie company meme?

Is this still possible omg ... these bnet lads ...?

Game full of hackers, cheaters, afks (spvp), exploiting.

Anet: we will do something to avoid this 2020, also Anet 2018 "u will get alliance system"

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Ah, cool. :) So basically most professions could do something like that. Then that means that no single profession is really at fault, more like the structures are glitchy, no?

No. It's skills and utility that was never in mind when WvW was made, same with warclaw, all of which seemed to get little to no actual testing before release to live. I would blame it on this over the structure it self.

Most classes can't since the warclaw fixes, right now it's Mes and Thief. Guard is, well more or less impossible to pull off when intending to do it, I have tried to do it for hours with someone I know from another server, I could never figure the timing out and I don't know of anyone who has made a claim to be able to do such. Mes I am not sure if the exploit still exists, I will have to dig for old videos and test out at some point. Ele I am like 99% sure was patched, but it required an anet employee getting caught on video abusing it and people getting mad about it for that to even happen. Thief like the video above I remember hearing about and seeing video of someone abusing it probably not even a few months after HoT release. If it's still possible on DD to do this, I would say this was without question the easiest one to pull off and pull off consistently.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:They just need an invisible wall above the gates on those structures. Problem solved.

Not so much. Then you wouldn't have LOS to cast ground-targeted skills or ranged AoEs like AC fire, marks, wells, etc. through, and likely jumping through open gates with these same vertical leaps would be cut short by clipping into said wall pieces.

Easier fix is to just remove the little humped wall you can stand on or reshaping the corners to be a bit further away.

What this is really demonstrating is that the game was not designed for professions to have this much mobility, which is already an endemic problem in class balance alone.

@knite.1542 said:

Most professions can't create portals for the teammates to use (in WvW).

That trait is getting less and less unique with each update lol.Used to be that only mesmers could portal.Now Thieves and Scourges can as well.There's also an item that creates a portal for any profession so if you count that, then every profession can make a portal.Though i assume that item isn't working in WvW.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:They just need an invisible wall above the gates on those structures. Problem solved.

Not so much. Then you wouldn't have LOS to cast ground-targeted skills or ranged AoEs like AC fire, marks, wells, etc. through, and likely jumping through open gates with these same vertical leaps would be cut short by clipping into said wall pieces.

Easier fix is to just remove the little humped wall you can stand on or reshaping the corners to be a bit further away.

What this is really demonstrating is that the game was not designed for professions to have this much mobility, which is already an endemic problem in class balance alone.

That also works. But yeah, it's the same issue that DBL had with druid and gliding, the maps simply weren't designed with certain skills and traits in mind.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

That trait is getting less and less unique with each update lol.Used to be that only mesmers could portal.Now Thieves and Scourges can as well.There's also an item that creates a portal for any profession so if you count that, then every profession can make a portal.Though i assume that item isn't working in WvW.

I don't think the consumable works in WvW, no. But as far as thief portal goes, I'm still happy for that to be removed. It's fun, but it really was not necessary, and I'd sooner have the old traps back.

Interesting. I don't play much PvP (not at all), but why is this a problem?If it is only a thief and a mesmer, I'd say "well done". I think it's pretty cool that the thief can move to areas that others can't and the game doesn't need to be in total balance on everything. It is, in fact, a Thief?Or is there something special about this building that shouldn't make that possible?

@"Lucio.4190" said:Interesting. I don't play much PvP (not at all), but why is this a problem?If it is only a thief and a mesmer, I'd say "well done". I think it's pretty cool that the thief can move to areas that others can't and the game doesn't need to be in total balance on everything. It is, in fact, a Thief?Or is there something special about this building that shouldn't make that possible?

Well in WvW you're supposed to use siege to get inside towers and keeps. Otherwise it's an exploit because you can bypass a mechanic.I'm not sure what OP means by thieves in PvP though caouse i don't play it so i don't know what they can do with a portal there.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

That also works. But yeah, it's the same issue that DBL had with druid and gliding, the maps simply weren't designed with certain skills and traits in mind.

I don't think the consumable works in WvW, no. But as far as thief portal goes, I'm still happy for that to be removed. It's fun, but it really was not necessary, and I'd sooner have the old traps back.

You're not the first one i've heard that would rather have traps back to be honest.But i kinda doubt Anet will ever really revert to how things were.

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Well in WvW you're supposed to use siege to get inside towers and keeps. Otherwise it's an exploit because you can bypass a mechanic.A siege where anything above 5 people means certain classes become unviable due to the heavy boonball zergmeta because then you can literally bypass anything as you run over single targets while being immune to damage, CC and conditions. I'm not concerned about the thief "bypassing" there, or the mesmer. Its a very specific utility on a class mostly used for very specific things.

But imagine the scenario if portal was a core guard skill.

The scourge tp is the only real issue there, they should never have gotten that.

Last night while sitting in a keep for 15 minutes with a group watching our enemies out side gathering to prepare for their attack a core thief just appeared on our wall and one shot 3 people in succession than disappeared. Weren't back stabs but pistol shots and I mean one shot lmao. I've been playing thief for 7 yrs and know thief pretty well I'd say and crazy things like this are becoming more common. Teleporting or invisible warriors and its not just certain classes as I've seen almost every class used by hackers.3 nights ago in wvw 2 players and I were fighting one warrior and after a few seconds I noticed his stab was being reapplied every 5 seconds and once his hp got to 50 percent would regenerate very quickly. So I said this all in team chat and the three of us messed around with him for a few minutes laughing at his expense than I said in bubble what kinda loser hacks gw2 and reported and before bubble even left he was cc'd and slaughtered in secs lol. So obviously these can be switched on and off. So for $hits I just Google gw2 hacks and man there's a lot of programs out there, sad tho players feel the need to hack.