What HoT mastery do i unlock next?

I fully unlocked Gliding and Exalted Lore.Currently i have fully trained

• Itzel Leadership
  • Nuhoch proving
  • Oakheart's reach

But i only have enough mastery points for one, and i'm not sure when i'm going to get mastery points for another, i'm running out of points i can do comfortably...So which one of those three do i unlock and why? Which one is the most useful?

Neither that Itzel or that Nuhoch are significant since they allow you to take on certain bosses for a minor daily reward and drops stuff invloved in certain collections. However the ones after are better - the final Itzel one giving you access to adrenal mushrooms which can reset all cooldowns and the final nuhoch counters part of the chak goo.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion_Mayatl_the_Fierce (Itzel boss)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion_Potoni_the_Massive (Nuhoch boss)

That would make Itzel the better one imo if you are thinking of the future or unless you need a specific drop (see the above links for trophies. They include stuff for Hope crafting and items for each Order's backpacks)

Oakheart is probably the best (and most fun) of the three, but it's use is largely confined to Draconic Mons - the map specifically designed for it. If you are going to go there, than this mastery is your choice (although the skyscale prob renders it redundant at this stage of the game, it is a fun skill). It does have some use in other maps like Dragonfall (I think), but to a lesser extent

@"Randulf.7614" said:Neither that Itzel or that Nuhoch are significant since they allow you to take on certain bosses for a minor daily reward and drops stuff invloved in certain collections. However the ones after are better - the final Itzel one giving you access to adrenal mushrooms which can reset all cooldowns and the final nuhoch counters part of the chak goo.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion_Mayatl_the_Fierce (Itzel boss)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion_Potoni_the_Massive (Nuhoch boss)

That would make Itzel the better one imo if you are thinking of the future or unless you need a specific drop (see the above links for trophies. They include stuff for Hope crafting and items for each Order's backpacks)

Oakheart is probably the best (and most fun) of the three, but it's use is largely confined to Draconic Mons - the map specifically designed for it. If you are going to go there, than this mastery is your choice (although the skyscale prob renders it redundant at this stage of the game, it is a fun skill). It does have some use in other maps like Dragonfall (I think), but to a lesser extent

Thanks!

I didn't know some of the backpacks and legendaries require the Itzel/Nuhoch mastery! I'll look up which ones i need then, nice!I'm not spending much time at Draconis Mons so maybe not yet oakheart. I don't have a skyscale though so i'll probably unlock it some time cause otherwise i probably can't get places.

@Veprovina.4876 said:I'm not spending much time at Draconis Mons so maybe not yet oakheart. I don't have a skyscale though so i'll probably unlock it some time cause otherwise i probably can't get places.I found Oakheart's Reach to be helpful in Dragonfall when I went after my skyscale, but it isn't required. One can manage to get one's skyscale without it.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:I'm not spending much time at Draconis Mons so maybe not yet oakheart. I don't have a skyscale though so i'll probably unlock it some time cause otherwise i probably can't get places.I found Oakheart's Reach to be helpful in Dragonfall when I went after my skyscale, but it isn't required. One can manage to get one's skyscale without it.

Thank you! Good to know it has uses outside of Draconis Mons!I'm still on LW3 story (done HoT and PoF though), so it'll be a while before i move on to LW4 storyline or even the current one haha. I'm mostly in WvW so PvE content is slow, but i do it. Anyway, it's going to be a while before i even attempt Skyscale lol. That being said, i'll take all the help i can get! I'll think about that mastery as well.

I should really start doing some mastery points, there's tons of them from achievements...

@Lucio.4190 said:Or... I could read and try to understand the question first before I post a reply.Sorry, forget what I posted. Deleting it.

I didn't see the unedited post, what did you post?Just curious. :smile:And no worries, everyone makes mistakes, it's natural.

Yes, eventually mastery points wont be an issue. There is way more than you need and LS3 as you play through it will help with that. You are slightly bottle necked now because you have already unlocked some of Ancient Magics which is actually an LS3 related mastery line, that uses HoT mastery points/xp.

That will eventually rectify itself as you finish off various maps and content (there are over 50 surplus mastery points across HoT and LS3)

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:I'm not spending much time at Draconis Mons so maybe not yet oakheart. I don't have a skyscale though so i'll probably unlock it some time cause otherwise i probably can't get places.I found Oakheart's Reach to be helpful in Dragonfall when I went after my skyscale, but it isn't required. One can manage to get one's skyscale without it.@"Lucio.4190" said:Or... I could read and try to understand the question first before I post a reply.Sorry, forget what I posted. Deleting it.

I didn't see the unedited post, what did you post?Just curious. :smile:And no worries, everyone makes mistakes, it's natural.Haha! Oh... You asked for specific Masteries, but I read "Itzel, Nuhoch or Oakheart?"So I thought "The Bouncing Mushroom! You got to have the Bouncing Mushroom!"I was a little tired. ?

@Lucio.4190 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:I'm not spending much time at Draconis Mons so maybe not yet oakheart. I don't have a skyscale though so i'll probably unlock it some time cause otherwise i probably can't get places.I found Oakheart's Reach to be helpful in Dragonfall when I went after my skyscale, but it isn't required. One can manage to get one's skyscale without it.@Lucio.4190 said:Or... I could read and try to understand the question first before I post a reply.Sorry, forget what I posted. Deleting it.

I didn't see the unedited post, what did you post?Just curious. :smile:And no worries, everyone makes mistakes, it's natural.Haha! Oh... You asked for specific Masteries, but I read "Itzel, Nuhoch or Oakheart?"So I thought "The Bouncing Mushroom! You got to have the Bouncing Mushroom!"I was a little tired. ?

Ah, i see, you only read the first parts! Haha, yeah, understandable how you might have missed that if you were tired, no big deal. :smile:But yeah, i've had bouncing mushrooms for a long time now. :tongue:Thanks for sharing! Cheers! :smile:

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Theres more than enough hot mastery points to unlock everything in the base expack and all of ls3. But it can be difficult to find enough mps without enough unlocked ls3 episodes. Hot was really tight on mastery points before ls3.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks#Heart_of_Thorns_mastery_points

@Randulf.7614 said:Yes, eventually mastery points wont be an issue. There is way more than you need and LS3 as you play through it will help with that. You are slightly bottle necked now because you have already unlocked some of Ancient Magics which is actually an LS3 related mastery line, that uses HoT mastery points/xp.

That will eventually rectify itself as you finish off various maps and content (there are over 50 surplus mastery points across HoT and LS3)

Yes, ever since i got LS3, i've gotten a lot of mastery points just by playing it, plus a few of the map points. I finished ley line gliding (which has been EXTREMELY helpful in bloodstone fen!!!), and all the LS3 mastreries up to oakheart now.

And they're all neatly labeled in the achievements and maps, you can just open one up and find out what you have to do for a mastery point.I just have to dedicate a session to just doing masteries, and the way i play, i rarely get to do this. I play WvW friday through the weekend, WvW raids with my guild monday, tuesday and thursday, so inbetween that, i do PvE for gear, money and masteries. :smile: It's kinda slow, but other than money, i don't really need to do much PvE like mastery points. Those don't work in WvW anyway, and that's where i mostly am. :tongue:

So i'm fine with the pace.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Theres more than enough hot mastery points to unlock everything in the base expack and all of ls3. But it can be difficult to find enough mps without enough unlocked ls3 episodes. Hot was really tight on mastery points before ls3.

@Randulf.7614 said:Yes, eventually mastery points wont be an issue. There is way more than you need and LS3 as you play through it will help with that. You are slightly bottle necked now because you have already unlocked some of Ancient Magics which is actually an LS3 related mastery line, that uses HoT mastery points/xp.

Yes, ever since i got LS3, i've gotten a lot of mastery points just by playing it, plus a few of the map points. I finished ley line gliding (which has been EXTREMELY helpful in bloodstone fen!!!), and all the LS3 mastreries up to oakheart now.

And they're all neatly labeled in the achievements and maps, you can just open one up and find out what you have to do for a mastery point.I just have to dedicate a session to just doing masteries, and the way i play, i rarely get to do this. I play WvW friday through the weekend, WvW raids with my guild monday, tuesday and thursday, so inbetween that, i do PvE for gear, money and masteries. :smile: It's kinda slow, but other than money, i don't really need to do much PvE like mastery points. Those don't work in WvW anyway, and that's where i mostly am. :tongue:

Leyline gliding is also extremely useful in Dragonstand.

@Hesione.9412 said:

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Theres more than enough hot mastery points to unlock everything in the base expack and all of ls3. But it can be difficult to find enough mps without enough unlocked ls3 episodes. Hot was really tight on mastery points before ls3.

Leyline gliding is also extremely useful in Dragonstand.

Good to know! Glad i unlocked it then!Thanks!