PvP needs better rewards - any ideas?

GuriGashi.5617

I feel like PvP loses alot of its purpose once people got what they want - meaning titles, legendary armor, legendary backpack and even gizmos, at a certain point you just continue to play in order to get better until eventually losing interest for the game, because there is no more esports scene.While titles & gizmos are a step in the right direction, they are only won by the best of the game mode, which is fine, but I want to focus on rewards everybody could get (like legendary armor & backpack).

The current issue is that people got alot of Ascended Shards of Glory as well as PvP League tickets they won‘t probably spend anymore, because there are no good ways to spend them on other than legendary armor & backpack.

It would therefore be extremely cool if we could exchange, let‘s say 2000 Shards of Glory/200 PvP League tickets for 1 of 6 different PvP exclusive infusions.

Other than that please add a way to exchange either Ascended Shards of Glory or PvP League tickets for PvE currencies such as Legendary Divinations from raids, so that we can finish the legendary ring Coalescence while playing the game mode we like.

The currency exchanger could take Ascended Shards of Glory and the PvP infusion trader PvP League tickets and we would get two great reasons to continue to play PvP.

Got any other ideas? I would love to hear them

@Filip.7463 said:Good players dont play pvp for rewards.

20golds from chest + 15gold worth mark are good enough. U can get 10golds just by loosing all matches on AT.

Yeah..because you decide what gOoD players do and don‘t. It is not like people are playing AT‘s for the gizmos every single month. No, we play Khylo for the 3000th time just to look at a monitor.What sense does it even make to say no to more content and ways to spend your pointless currency?Also gold or sKiLL is the worst incentive to continue to play the game - I could go farm PvE mobs and make more gold than in PvP and what difference does skill make? So I and 9 other people can feel lucky to be among the best, while others don‘t give a kitten, because there is no esports league where skill would matter anyways?

Saying no to new content that is meant to get rid of your 13K unused Ascended Shards of Glory is like saying no to your boss when they want to pay you out for your extra work, completely illogical

@Filip.7463 said:

@snoow.1694 said:I also think people should get specific one-time rewards for jumping up divisions in ranked or finishing in one division

There is. Indomitable legend - reached lege once in lifetime. Top 250 title is like p2+, top 100 like high p2+....

I know, I place usually P1/P2, that‘s why I added the comment - how can there be a correlation when all plat 1, gold, silver and bronze players are ignored for placing in certain division as high up as plat 1? They should at least get something for reaching the next upper league and plat 2+ players should be rewarded better for placing high, not just with a title

@Filip.7463 said:

@snoow.1694 said:I also think people should get specific one-time rewards for jumping up divisions in ranked or finishing in one division

There is. Indomitable legend - reached lege once in lifetime. Top 250 title is like p2+, top 100 like high p2+....

Naah, this was back in the day when we still had this grinding divisions. It is just a remainder from back then. :smile:

I would like some more rewards indeed. Maybe titles, maybe skins (maybe even actually nice ones?!), no idea. The warlord armor was nice, but, well... those loot boxes keep stacking in my bank account now I guess.

I don't like fancy infusions, so that wouldn't appease me as much... but well, would still be nice to have anything.

It's not the first time this topic comes up (nor will it be the last time) and my stance on it hasn't changed for years.No, in my opinion we don't need more rewards in sPvP.. I don't want people coming into matches throwing the game after we lose the first mid fight because they don't care, because they get their pips/progress either way.. As long as we don't have full team queue and I don't have influence on what my team mates do, I want some competitive-minded people in my team and pushing more rewards is definitely the wrong way to achieve that.

Now, I'm not saying that I don't want to get more stuff out of my time but like I said, I think that rewards give people wrong incentives to play the game mode and I also think that sPvP already gives enough gold and stuff... The real endgame is the gem shop anyway so gold is sufficient.Countless people in the past told me (in guild chat or whatever) how glad they are that they don't need to do PvP anymore because they got what they wanted.. You just don't want to be teamed up with people like that.. Raids/Fraks/.. or WvW has the advantage of being able to just kick those people and replace them, it's really just sPvP that suffers the most from people like this since you are stuck with them for the entire match and afterwards they are gone anyway but the damage (to your rating and mood) is already done. don't give people all the wrong reasons to go where they don't want to be just for that shiny shiny loot.

I also don't really care about not being able to profit from my ascended shards, it doesn't hurt me when they stack up.. maybe sometimes Anet will introduce something useful but until then I don't want to force bullshit just for the sake of being able to spend my currencies..There are massive amount of stuff that needs to be fixed or reworked in sPvP but lack of (good) rewards is imho not one of them.

@snoow.1694 said:

I know, I place usually P1/P2, that‘s why I added the comment - how can there be a correlation when all plat 1, gold, silver and bronze players are ignored for placing in certain division as high up as plat 1? They should at least get something for reaching the next upper league and plat 2+ players should be rewarded better for placing high, not just with a title

bronze silver and gold are bad, idk why would they be awarded... everyone who is playing 3 months can reach p1, so there also isnt reason for rewarding p1