Bug Report: HoT - Hearts and Minds, Defeat vision of Canach

When going into Mordremoth's mind, I selected Canach to go in with me. This leads to fighting the vision of Canach. In short, this fight is bugged. After the vision of Canach's health lowers to the threshold where he starts throwing grenades, the real Canach goes into his mode of putting up the shield to block/reflect the grenades. This part is fine, but then what happens is Canach will never go back to fighting and gets stuck running to different spots and shielding. The sequence about opening & widening the rift to defeat the Vision of Canach never prompts. In the attached screenshot I managed to defeat the Vision of Canach by reducing his health to zero and he disappears, with the rift sequence never happening. Meanwhile Canach is still shielding and the story never progresses.Here's a screenshot showing Canach shielding, the story still says Defeat the vision of Canach and there is no vision of Canach in sight. Imgur linkfgHuUSO.jpeg

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I stood there for a good few minutes in the shield and several grenades were deflected, but it never progressed. Killed the vision of Canach and he (friendly Canach) is looped in the shield animation. Didn't try to brute force anything, Canach was just running around spammng his shield for a few seconds and then moving across the arena to do the same thing. Didn't matter how long I was standing in it or how much was deflected. Fun.

Edit: This godawful mission has now bugged out on me SIX TIMES in a goddamn row. Specifically the Canach fight. This is the worst experience I have had in this game so far and Jesus H. Christ, I really did not think HoT could be any more awful in my own opinion. Everything about the terrain pisses me off, and as it turns out you can't even complete the story because they couldn't have been assed once the past six years to fix an encounter that bugs out every single time.

Edited by ShotgunKjell.9138
this mission is absolutely awful-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just happened to me on 05/18/2022.

How can a bug like this persist for so long? Sheesh.... I really don't want to redo this part of the story again.

Canach is standing there constantly putting up a shield after I already defeated his vision. Nothing else I can do other than reset the entire segment of the story. And if I have to repeat this again to get it to work I'm going to..... **bleep**

• Haha 1

I just experienced the same issue during my first time in this fight.

Problem is, that I was under the shield for some time and nothing happened, so I decided to step out of the shield and continue the fight.

The game should make it more clear, that it is required to utilize this game-mechanic or otherwise the progress is blocked.

Edited by Mhoram.4786
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just had it happen as well, except now whenever I re-enter the mission, I'm put at Trahearne and it says pick 2 allies. I run back up to where the allies are, and there is a wall blocking them off. So unless there is a way to restart this whole episode that I can't figure out, I cannot continue, period. Sad times if it's been a bug for so long. If I can get it to reset, I'll pick the other two....

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...