gathering tools idea

Ayakaru.6583

OOZES!

Throw everything you know about oozes, because they're about to be reinvented. They're the perfect tools for breaking things down, sucking things in, etc.An ooze can rip the carrots out of the ground with great suction power, they can snap a tree in half by dissolving the middle, and they can calcify the rocks around any minerals you wanna gather making them practically fall off to the ground.

Throw away your fancy magical tools, or your hard labourous axes and mineries, oozes is where it's at. And they're so easy to maintain, because they feed themselves while working for you.

(ps, if you do make them, I do expect a set mailed for the idea wink wink)

@Ayakaru.6583 said:OOZES!

Throw everything you know about oozes, because they're about to be reinvented. They're the perfect tools for breaking things down, sucking things in, etc.An ooze can rip the carrots out of the ground with great suction power, they can snap a tree in half by dissolving the middle, and they can calcify the rocks around any minerals you wanna gather making them practically fall off to the ground.

Throw away your fancy magical tools, or your hard labourous axes and mineries, oozes is where it's at. And they're so easy to maintain, because they feed themselves while working for you.

(ps, if you do make them, I do expect a set mailed for the idea wink wink)

Your ps is the reason it wont get implemented, because people expect to get their ideas for free =P

@Linken.6345 said:

(ps, if you do make them, I do expect a set mailed for the idea
wink wink
)

Your ps is the reason it wont get implemented, because people expect to get their ideas for free =P

That's like saying a concept artist shlouldn't be paid because they didn't work on the 3D model lol.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

wink wink
)

That's like saying a concept artist shlouldn't be paid because they didn't work on the 3D model lol.

If the concept artis aint employed by anet, I dont think it get paid for throwing random concepts at the company either.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:OOZES!

wink wink
)

If the concept artis aint employed by anet, I dont think it get paid for throwing random concepts at the company either.

If the company takes their idea, then they are getting compensated, whether the company sought their services or got the concept art for somethign at random.If they don't, it's plagiarism. At the very least, the company should contact the artist and have them talk it out.

Now of course, "community ideas" work a bit different, and you can't just pay the community for every word written on the forums, but the point is, if they do end up making OP's idea, the least they can do is give him his oozes. :wink:

It's just good PR if nothing else, making the community feel like they're contributing to the game they're deciding to spend their time in, and that the company listens.So the "money loss" for that 3000 gem worth of ooze tools, is mitigated by the positive feedback they'll recieve. And i doubt Anet is so greedy that they'll consider 1 set of tools such a huge loss.

EDIT: As a matter of fact - i think community did some designs for shields in this game? Or am i thinking about other games. Anyway, didn't they get the shields they designed for free? The skins at least.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

wink wink
)

If the company takes their idea, then they are getting compensated, whether the company sought their services or got the concept art for somethign at random.If they don't, it's plagiarism. At the very least, the company should contact the artist and have them talk it out.

Now of course, "community ideas" work a bit different, and you can't just pay the community for every word written on the forums, but the point is, if they do end up making OP's idea, the least they can do is give him his oozes. :wink:

It's just good PR if nothing else, making the community feel like they're contributing to the game they're deciding to spend their time in, and that the company listens.So the "money loss" for that 3000 gem worth of ooze tools, is mitigated by the positive feedback they'll recieve. And i doubt Anet is so greedy that they'll consider 1 set of tools such a huge loss.

EDIT: As a matter of fact - i think community did some designs for shields in this game? Or am i thinking about other games. Anyway, didn't they get the shields they designed for free? The skins at least.

The community did alot of weapons and the top 3 got gems as prices I belive.But then again it was a contest anet advertised was going to be there not a random person saying this would be cool on the forum.

@Linken.6345 said:

wink wink
)

The community did alot of weapons and the top 3 got gems as prices I belive.But then again it was a contest anet advertised was going to be there not a random person saying this would be cool on the forum.

Yes, so it was in this game, thanks!

Anyway, yeah, that's why i said, Anet doesn't owe OP anything and neither Anet nor OP came up with the concept of Oozes lol, but since Anet has nothing to lose, and a lot to gain, one set of ooze tools given for an idea aren't going to hurt the company.

But here we can go a bit too deep if we want to and examine what is an idea and how much is it worth. In the music industry, people have sued others over an idea and won. In other media, ideas are worth sometimes more than the end result and are compensated as such no matter who came up with them. So why shouldn't a forum idea that makes its way into the game, be compensated by its end result at least?

@"Veprovina.4876" said:If the company takes their idea, then they are getting compensated, whether the company sought their services or got the concept art for somethign at random.If they don't, it's plagiarism. At the very least, the company should contact the artist and have them talk it out.

From the GW2 User Agreement:--- start paste ---You acknowledge, and further agree, that You have no IP right related to any Account ID, any Account Display Name, any ArenaNet Message Board ID, any communication or information on any ArenaNet Message Board provided by You or anyone else, any information, feedback or communication related to the Game, any Character ID or characteristics related to a Character ID, any combination of the foregoing or parts thereof, or any combination of the foregoing with any Service, Content, Game, or parts thereof.--- end paste ---

Would it be generous and a good faith act for Anet to "give" something to the player who brought something like this to production? Sure, but they are certainly not obligated to do so, nor is it plagiarism.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:If the company takes their idea, then they are getting compensated, whether the company sought their services or got the concept art for somethign at random.If they don't, it's plagiarism. At the very least, the company should contact the artist and have them talk it out.

From the
:--- start paste ---You acknowledge, and further agree, that You have no IP right related to any Account ID, any Account Display Name, any ArenaNet Message Board ID, any communication or information on any ArenaNet Message Board provided by You or anyone else, any information, feedback or communication related to the Game, any Character ID or characteristics related to a Character ID, any combination of the foregoing or parts thereof, or any combination of the foregoing with any Service, Content, Game, or parts thereof.--- end paste ---

Would it be generous and a good faith act for Anet to "give" something to the player who brought something like this to production? Sure, but they are certainly not obligated to do so, nor is it plagiarism.

My plagiarism comment was on the hypothetical concept artist situation. :smile: Not on this. :wink:I never meant to imply that i consider Anet taking forum ideas and making them plagiarism.I just said it would be nice, but that they don't owe the players anything for a forum idea.

But yeah, /thread here basically since we all agree. :tongue:

If their idea happens to get made, whether inspired by their posting or not, random players never get free stuff. That’s now how this works and if that’s why you’re coming up with ideas, you’re in it for the wrong reason. The reward is seeing something you wanted implemented in game, coming up with something you think will make the game better and then being happy because you know you helped improve a game you love in some way. It’s ridiculous for a player to expect free stuff because they throw out unprompted ideas at anet and expect them to just take it and make it into a reality because they had the thought.

All this said, oozes as gathering tools is a perfect idea for a new set, that would be very cool to see

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:to stop this whole war going on above, anet already owns the oozes, so even the idea to use them as gathering tools is already their property even if they didn't think of it.

What war? Everyone had a nice conversation, nothing more, nothing less.

Some people have very thin skins if you sneeze in their direction you kinda physically assault them.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:@"Linken.6345"It would seem so.I mean, it was a super civil conversation about some stuff that we had slighlty different opinion on, and we ended up agreeing. If that's considerd a "war", i mean, seriously...

Sorry sorry, i didn't mean war in that serious contextAll is good ;)

Oh. Well, you said war, and war implies anger and fighting, so we thought you meant that. :tongue:But it's fine, no harm done. :smile: