easy raid dps? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Fractals/Dungeons/Strike Missions/Raids

easy raid dps?

just curious between power soulbeast, dh, holo and other class which one have easier dps rotation, but also get good dps scores?.

Comments

• Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭

https://snowcrows.com/raids/

Click on classes, check their builds, read the rotations and pick something ;)

• weaponwh.9810weaponwh.9810 Member ✭✭
    edited January 25, 2021

@Sobx.1758 said:

i did but its doesn't say what skill need to sync what skills etc. for ex it said holosmith is easy, but apparently there is alot heat management etc, snowcrow doesn't mention it. the only one so far seem to be easiers is dd

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@weaponwh.9810 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

i did but its doesn't say what skill need to sync what skills etc. for ex it said holosmith is easy, but apparently there is alot heat management etc, snowcrow doesn't mention it. the only one so far seem to be easiers is dd

clearly you dident read mate scroll further down and you see this.

Preheat to 75
    Big Ol' Bomb

Fire Bomb
    Shrapnel Grenade

Grenade Barrage
    Engage Photon Forge
    Corona Burst

Photon Blitz
    Overheat
    Laser Disk
    Prime Light Beam
    Loop
    Jump Shot

Blunderbuss
    Shrapnel Grenade
    Fire Bomb

Bomb
    until
    Fire Bomb
    is on a four second Cooldown
    Shrapnel Grenade

Poison Grenade

Freeze Grenade
    Bomb
    Blunderbuss
    Shrapnel Grenade
    Fire Bomb

Bomb
    until
    Engage Photon Forge
    is ready.
    Engage Photon Forge
    Corona Burst

Photon Blitz
    Light Strike

Bright Slash

Flash Cutter
    Corona Burst
    Deactivate Photon Forge
    Blunderbuss
    Fire Bomb
    Shrapnel Grenade
    Engage Photon Forge
    Light Strike

Bright Slash

Flash Cutter
    Corona Burst

Photon Blitz
    Overheat

https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/engineer/holosmith/power/

Apparently you cant copy the whole thing its about half way down the webpage.

• Don't know about soulbeast, but out of the two remaining I've always found Dragonhunter to be much easier than Holo. Holosmith has a massive glaring failure point if you get the heat management wrong, and also the constant kit/weapon swapping requires keeping track of more variables and requires a lot more key presses.

"Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

• @weaponwh.9810 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

The thing with the heat management is written in the fourth introductary sentence for that build...

Power Holosmith is a bursty class that can also provide permanent Vulnerability due to Steel-Packed Powder .

This class scales heavily with the amount of conditions applied to the boss and also the duration of the fight.

Power Holosmith is fairly beginner friendly due to it's simple rotation. Mastery of this build will take considerable time due to management of the Overheat mechanic.

Source: https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/engineer/holosmith/power/

• @Sobx.1758 said:

Good advice, just be another sheep in the herd..

edited January 26, 2021

@Morokey.8534 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

Good advice, just be another sheep in the herd..

That's not what I've meant at all. But he's asking about rotations, so according to your point of view, the only correct answer here is: make your own build, test every rotation you can come up with and check what's optimal and easy. Sorry, but that would make no sense and neither does your "smart anti-sheep" answer.

On the other hand, your answer in this thread achieved... what exactly?

• Touchme.1097Touchme.1097 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2021

There is a way to make all professions easy to play, and the first step is key binding.
    My key binding set up is as follows:
    1,2,3,4,5 for the left skill bar
    G,Q,E,R, Tab for the right skill bar (utility and elite)
    F1, F2, F3, F4 for the top skill bar
    Z for special action
    The easiest professions I play right now are power staff daredevil and dragonhunter but key binding is required in order to optimize your rotation.
    You can key bind your novelty items using the Shift+(number 1 to 5) as an option
    After key binding everything as I did you can play any piano build as well and use the right mouse click to strafe left and right using A and D, you have to get used to it.
    Good luck

Touchme

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2021

@Sobx.1758 said:

Usually the description on snowcrows site does not answer OPs question. How easy the rotation is is sometimes mentioned, but usually it isn't, there's also no comparison of "easiness" of different rotations anywhere there.
    Hint: you can't just look at the number of steps the rotation has, there's a lot of other factors to consider as well, and snowcrows site is not exactly all that helpful in that regard (mostly because it's not something they concern themselves with).

@Sobx.1758 said:
    That's not what I've meant at all. But he's asking about rotations, so according to your point of view, the only correct answer here is: make your own build, test every rotation you can come up with and check what's optimal and easy. Sorry, but that would make no sense and neither does your "smart anti-sheep" answer.

But that was exactly what your answer was, because your 'suggestion" was just a different way of saying "find that out on your own". In truth it wasn't any better that the "anti-sheep" one at all.

@weaponwh.9810 If you want to go truly easy, while still having decent dps, i'd suggest condi shortbow soulbeast. It's whole rotation can be easily reduced to "spam all skills off cooldown, remember to attack from flank or behind". And it's ranged, which helps in some encounters. And since it is using shortbow, it has no autoattack chain you have to keep track of (in many builds breaking the aa chain - an issue a lot of players have to deal with - can be responsible for massive dps loss, so not having to worry about it is always a bonus)
    As far as power dps build goes, i'd probably go with power DH. I'm not sure if it's really the easiest one around, but it's easy enough for a decent dps level, and has a lot of other useful utility available.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2021

@weaponwh.9810 said:
    just curious between power soulbeast, dh, holo and other class which one have easier dps rotation, but also get good dps scores?.

Dragonhunter has a simple rotation, although it might look complicated on paper (many steps), in reality it's very simplistic once you realize where all those skills are coming from. Furthermore, you don't have to follow the rotation exactly to reach good dps, just remember to have Spear of Justice combined with either of your Symbols (Wrath or Punishment) when you unleash your traps+Whirling Wrath for maximum damage

Condition Soulbeast is another one with an easy rotation if you go Shortbow/Shortbow, or the old Shortbow/Dagger+Torch are both easy to play, the first is spam on cooldown, the second can be a bit more complicated but still very easy to use.

Power Holosmith looks complicated, but it's not really complicated. If you check the rotation it's all about using all the good skills from grenate/bomb/photon forge and repeat. You can ignore the parts about "waiting and spamming bomb" until one or another skill is ready, it won't lower the dps by any significant amount. Get the rest of the rotation ready (which isn't hard) and once you do that you can start mastering that waiting part.

edited January 26, 2021

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

Usually the description on snowcrows site does not answer OPs question. How easy the rotation is is sometimes mentioned, but usually it isn't, there's also no comparison of "easiness" of different rotations anywhere there.
    Hint: you can't just look at the number of steps the rotation has, there's a lot of other factors to consider as well, and snowcrows site is not exactly all that helpful in that regard (mostly because it's not something they concern themselves with).

Pretty sure it is pretty helpful at that, read the descriptions and the rotation. See how many steps there are and what is mentioned about those rotations/builds in the descriptions (not only on the top of the site, but also on the right side of the rotations). There are some that just mention "prioritize x skills before y skills, always try using this skill before that OR that" (afair, that's an example from rangers condi rotation) and that's your "rotation". If that's not a direct hint at rotation being easy to memorize simply by looking what's "off cd right now" then I don't know what is. You even mention that you can see how many steps there are in the rotation but still claim the site isn't that helpful with figuring out what's easier? Yes, it is, the player just needs to understand what they read. Seems pretty easy.

@Sobx.1758 said:

But that was exactly what your answer was, because your 'suggestion" was just a different way of saying "find that out on your own". In truth it wasn't any better that the "anti-sheep" one at all.

No, it wasn't. I wasn't trying to tell OP what he needs to play. But he's asking about the builds, I'm not going to do the legwork for him, especially when someone (linked site) already did that for all of us. Meanwhile "the sheep guy" answered with what? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
    If you think morokey's answer ("woah, using someone's build, sheep!") was the equivalent of me delivering a site with builds with literal list of their rotation then LOL, what are you even trying to argue here? :D

e: oh look, you even mention sb build with literally what is written on the site I've linked to. Snowcrows SO not helpful in regards of figuring out easy rotations!
    Hilarious how you disprove your own claim in the very same post.

@Sobx.1758 said:
    e: oh look, you even mention sb build with literally what is written on the site I've linked to.

Oh, is shortbow build back on the site? Last time i checked it wasn't there anymore.

Looked it up now, and i don't see it, the only condi soulbeast build i see is the Dagger+torch/Axe+dagger one.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

edited January 26, 2021

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:
    e: oh look, you even mention sb build with literally what is written on the site I've linked to.

Oh, is shortbow build back on the site? Last time i checked it wasn't there anymore.

It wasn't pure sb, but it was the consensus in the description. The point was (and still is): yes, that site is pretty useful for determining which build is easier to play by yourself.

Looked it up now, and i don't see it, the only condi soulbeast build i see is the Dagger+torch/Axe+dagger one.

Whatever the build is currently featured there, what I wrote is still true with literal "use x off cd after y" in its description. Which makes it extremely easy to memorize the ""rotation"". I'm not sure, do you understand the point I was making there or...? (and still make, because it remained true)

• Chrysaliss.8720Chrysaliss.8720 Member ✭✭
    edited January 26, 2021

Imo the easiest PvE dps is definitely D/D power deadeye. While not the top tier dps, its dps is consistent with extremely easy rotation. Mostly just 1 1 1 1 1 1 5 1 and repeat + using utility skills, 2 of which are signets.

• @Sobx.1758 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

Pretty sure it is pretty helpful at that, read the descriptions and the rotation. See how many steps there are and what is mentioned about those rotations/builds in the descriptions (not only on the top of the site, but also on the right side of the rotations). There are some that just mention "prioritize x skills before y skills, always try using this skill before that OR that" (afair, that's an example from rangers condi rotation) and that's your "rotation". If that's not a direct hint at rotation being easy to memorize simply by looking what's "off cd right now" then I don't know what is. You even mention that you can see how many steps there are in the rotation but still claim the site isn't that helpful with figuring out what's easier? Yes, it is, the player just needs to understand what they read. Seems pretty easy.

@Sobx.1758 said:

No, it wasn't. I wasn't trying to tell OP what he needs to play. But he's asking about the builds, I'm not going to do the legwork for him, especially when someone (linked site) already did that for all of us. Meanwhile "the sheep guy" answered with what? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
    If you think morokey's answer ("woah, using someone's build, sheep!") was the equivalent of me delivering a site with builds with literal list of their rotation then LOL, what are you even trying to argue here? :D

e: oh look, you even mention sb build with literally what is written on the site I've linked to. Snowcrows SO not helpful in regards of figuring out easy rotations!
    Hilarious how you disprove your own claim in the very same post.

i read plently snowcrow build, but i can't level up every class, then equip gear to try it out. it shows rotation, but without actually understand detail and ideas behind those rotation its hard to grasp the complexity. for example holosmith, it has alot rotation steps, when i look at rotation on youtube, its seem very hard, yet snowcrow says its easy/beginner friendly.
    also it doesn't mention why those rotation work. for example LB soulbeast require sync sick'em with its high dmg skill and twice as vicious, while snowcrow give the rotation, but it didn't explain idea behind it. but rotation seem easier than holo, yet snowcrow rated harder than holo. same with DD snowcrow says its harder than holo, yet i find it fairly easy.

so for me trying out new class, then mess up the rotation, i'm not sure how to recover without understanding which skill supplement each other. hence i'm seeking farther detail from player who have these class. i'm very interest in holo, just not sure its really a beginner friendly class as indicated on snowcrow or not.

• Firebeard.1746Firebeard.1746 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2021

@weaponwh.9810 said:

Tbh, there's not really alot of simple builds published out there. A non trivial amount of your DPS as condi mirage comes from 100% clone uptime, but I'll warn you, you won't get to what I consider the minimum (20k) required without learning the rotation, it just gives you a floor and your clones don't give you the most powerful portion of your condi damage: torment and confusion. Also the SC rotation leaves out that clone positioning matters during ambush if you want your axes to all hit the boss, which is crucial.

• Cuks.8241Cuks.8241 Member ✭✭✭

Rotations might seem complex when put on paper but are often quite logical and intuitive if you know the class well. That is why it is also important that you like the class and play it often.

edited January 26, 2021

@Cuks.8241 said:
    Rotations might seem complex when put on paper but are often quite logical and intuitive if you know the class well. That is why it is also important that you like the class and play it often.

I disagree with this. I feel like I can give it my all and understand the rotation but I'm still far below benchmark. And empirically I know I'm not the only one. There are lots of people who do get close to benchmark, but I don't even think they're half of people that regularly do high-end PVE.

@Cuks.8241 said:
    Rotations might seem complex when put on paper but are often quite logical and intuitive if you know the class well.

The opposite can also be true. A rotation that looks simple on paper might turn out to be way more complex in practice.

In fact, those things are not mutually exclusive - a rotation can be both logical and intuitive, while at the same time being very complex and hard to execute properly.

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2021

Note that the difference between "spam all damaging skills off cooldown" and "piano rotation with 20-30 steps" is only a small margin for many classes. Most of your DPS comes from gear like runes/sigils, build (especially %damage bonuses, and pay attention to when they apply), food, boons and avoiding wasteful actions like using CC when bar is broken or using non-damaging skills for no reason.

Try to understand these basic concepts before you even think of trying to master rotations. The reason I say this is because you can do good DPS on a bad build with a good rotation. Which is useful if your build is intentionally kitten, but can also hinder build optimisation. The build itself needs to be perfected and mastered before you can take it to its full potential.

Just intuitive knowledge of the game, your class and your build should give you 10k passive DPS without any effort. If you're not reaching this point then you should spend some time working on those things before taking it further.

That said Ranger is always going to have the easiest rotations, due to its class design, while Thief rotations are reasonable.

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay, NA | 24 charas, 18k hours, 29k AP | ♀♥♀
    No need to be best, only good and kind.

• Dixa.6017Dixa.6017 Member ✭✭

@Linken.6345 said:

@weaponwh.9810 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

Preheat to 75
    Big Ol' Bomb

Fire Bomb
    Shrapnel Grenade

Grenade Barrage
    Engage Photon Forge
    Corona Burst

Photon Blitz
    Overheat
    Laser Disk
    Prime Light Beam
    Loop
    Jump Shot

Blunderbuss
    Shrapnel Grenade
    Fire Bomb

Bomb
    until
    Fire Bomb
    Shrapnel Grenade

Poison Grenade

Freeze Grenade
    Bomb
    Blunderbuss
    Shrapnel Grenade
    Fire Bomb

Bomb
    until
    Engage Photon Forge
    is ready.
    Engage Photon Forge
    Corona Burst

Photon Blitz
    Light Strike

Bright Slash

Flash Cutter
    Corona Burst
    Deactivate Photon Forge
    Blunderbuss
    Fire Bomb
    Shrapnel Grenade
    Engage Photon Forge
    Light Strike

Bright Slash

Flash Cutter
    Corona Burst

Photon Blitz
    Overheat

yes your entire mess up there clearly qualifies as 'easy'.

edited January 30, 2021

@Dixa.6017 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

@weaponwh.9810 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

>

Preheat to 75
    Big Ol' Bomb

Fire Bomb
    Shrapnel Grenade

Grenade Barrage
    Engage Photon Forge
    Corona Burst

Photon Blitz
    Overheat
    Laser Disk
    Prime Light Beam
    Loop
    Jump Shot

Blunderbuss
    Shrapnel Grenade
    Fire Bomb

Bomb
    until
    Fire Bomb
    Shrapnel Grenade

Poison Grenade

Freeze Grenade
    Bomb
    Blunderbuss
    Shrapnel Grenade
    Fire Bomb

Bomb
    until
    Engage Photon Forge
    is ready.
    Engage Photon Forge
    Corona Burst

Photon Blitz
    Light Strike

Bright Slash

Flash Cutter
    Corona Burst
    Deactivate Photon Forge
    Blunderbuss
    Fire Bomb
    Shrapnel Grenade
    Engage Photon Forge
    Light Strike

Bright Slash

Flash Cutter
    Corona Burst

Photon Blitz
    Overheat

Its quite easy to click a link and scroll half down the page but let me make it even easier.

Edit
    my mess up of copying and pasting from the home page directly and not having time to go print screen, paint cut the image then over to imgur to upload and get it to work on forum.
    Have no say over how easy or hard something is.

linking my source and were on that page the thing I tried to copy was, should be enough guideance for someone to find the information right?

• Armen.1483Armen.1483 Member ✭✭✭

There is also an indication in snowcrows website of difficulty of the class on right side under "How hard is this to learn?" and "How hard is this to master?" there is usually an explication too why a build is difficult etc... For holo I quote Snowcrows: "Power Holosmith is fairly beginner friendly due to it's simple rotation. Mastery of this build will take considerable time due to management of the Overheat mechanic."
    You can start as a dps player with holo no problem. If you really need an extremely easy class to play but do mediocre dps, here you go with this power reaper build, I don't know anything easier than that...maybe warrior:

• Dixa.6017Dixa.6017 Member ✭✭

@Linken.6345 said:

@Dixa.6017 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

@weaponwh.9810 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

>

Preheat to 75
    Big Ol' Bomb

Fire Bomb
    Shrapnel Grenade

Grenade Barrage
    Engage Photon Forge
    Corona Burst

Photon Blitz
    Overheat
    Laser Disk
    Prime Light Beam
    Loop
    Jump Shot

Blunderbuss
    Shrapnel Grenade
    Fire Bomb

Bomb
    until
    Fire Bomb
    Shrapnel Grenade

Poison Grenade

Freeze Grenade
    Bomb
    Blunderbuss
    Shrapnel Grenade
    Fire Bomb

Bomb
    until
    Engage Photon Forge
    is ready.
    Engage Photon Forge
    Corona Burst

Photon Blitz
    Light Strike

Bright Slash

Flash Cutter
    Corona Burst
    Deactivate Photon Forge
    Blunderbuss
    Fire Bomb
    Shrapnel Grenade
    Engage Photon Forge
    Light Strike

Bright Slash

Flash Cutter
    Corona Burst

Photon Blitz
    Overheat

Its quite easy to click a link and scroll half down the page but let me make it even easier.

Edit
    my mess up of copying and pasting from the home page directly and not having time to go print screen, paint cut the image then over to imgur to upload and get it to work on forum.

linking my source and were on that page the thing I tried to copy was, should be enough guideance for someone to find the information right?

that is still a mess. An obscenely long "rotation" or "loop" as many of you incorrectly call these things that is neither beginner friendly nor accessible to the masses.

you turn the game from a game into work, sometimes harder than many peoples' jobs. not as many people want to learn to play the piano or guitar in order to enjoy a game as you may think. hence the rise of the soulbeast.

edited January 31, 2021

@Dixa.6017 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

@Dixa.6017 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

@weaponwh.9810 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:

>

Preheat to 75
    Big Ol' Bomb

Fire Bomb
    Shrapnel Grenade

Grenade Barrage
    Engage Photon Forge
    Corona Burst

Photon Blitz
    Overheat
    Laser Disk
    Prime Light Beam
    Loop
    Jump Shot

Blunderbuss
    Shrapnel Grenade
    Fire Bomb

Bomb
    until
    Fire Bomb
    Shrapnel Grenade

Poison Grenade

Freeze Grenade
    Bomb
    Blunderbuss
    Shrapnel Grenade
    Fire Bomb

Bomb
    until
    Engage Photon Forge
    is ready.
    Engage Photon Forge
    Corona Burst

Photon Blitz
    Light Strike

Bright Slash

Flash Cutter
    Corona Burst
    Deactivate Photon Forge
    Blunderbuss
    Fire Bomb
    Shrapnel Grenade
    Engage Photon Forge
    Light Strike

Bright Slash

Flash Cutter
    Corona Burst

Photon Blitz
    Overheat

Edit

that is still a mess. An obscenely long "rotation" or "loop" as many of you incorrectly call these things that is neither beginner friendly nor accessible to the masses.

you turn the game from a game into work, sometimes harder than many peoples' jobs. not as many people want to learn to play the piano or guitar in order to enjoy a game as you may think. hence the rise of the soulbeast.

I never said the rotation or loop on this class was easy just that it was easy to get the information what the rotation is.
    Then every player them self have to decide if its easy or hard for them of course.

You seem to be arguing with me about something I have never stated at all mate.
    Edit
    And Im not a dps player by any means.
    I play Druid, terrible chrono and mediocre banner warrior.

• Nephalem.8921Nephalem.8921 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Hannelore.8153 said:
    That said Ranger is always going to have the easiest rotations, due to its class design, while Thief rotations are reasonable.

Why is ranger easier than holo? Soulbeast needs to flank and position properly because you have long channels which root you in place. Most slb outside of high fracs or raids cant even use sic'em properly.
    Holo achieves 31-32k with just autoattacks + laserdisk + photonforge 3 + 4. No kit holo is probably the easiest build next to dd DE.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

condi scourge from snowcrows is a very easy class to play.

It doesnt has the highest amount of dps, but its still good. To that, it is very beefy and can provide a lot of barrier to friends.

And it has Epidemic (very op skill)

• Nephalem.8921Nephalem.8921 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Virdo.1540 said:

It doesnt has the highest amount of dps, but its still good. To that, it is very beefy and can provide a lot of barrier to friends.

It has the lowest dps by far + no burst. Its more than 30% behind good builds. Epidemic is the only reason why its even used.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2021

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:

It has the lowest dps by far + no burst. Its more than 30% behind good builds. Epidemic is the only reason why its even used.

its still counted as dps class & is the easiest dps class of all. Also: no condi classes (except Burn FB) has burst.

It may not have the best dps out of all classes, but people still accept it in pug groups.

The best advice I have for OP is to understand two things:

How much DPS your skills are (damage/cast time)

How much of your DPS will come from a given skill (damage/CD time).

Do Prioritize #1 and fill with #2 as much as possible. This will only get you to a "passable" level but it's probably the best way to intuitively undesrtand your rotation. Sometimes there's very non-intuitive kitten. For example I was practicing condi mirage when it finally occurred to me that most of my damage must be coming from axes outside of phantasm CDs. I started trying harder to land my ambush better, was still not getting much. Then i finally realized the seek function of the axes from my illusions wasn't working properly, they were spinning off into space! Then I noticed that repositioning clones with #3 before ambushing gives better seek on the axes. So I started being more intentional about where I spawned my clones and when i ambushed and I'm still not amazing at it, but at least I'm not mid teens (in thousands) of DPS any more.

• @weaponwh.9810 said:

pSB is a more intricate rotation than using a cSB. pSB and DH also both have burst windows that is the entire focal point of your damage. Miss a burst window (such as a boss mechanic making you move/leave range) and your damage drops drastically. Though you can lessen this by being a longbow pSB which allows for more mechanic friendly burst windows...there will still come times where you are just waiting for a burst window.
    Even on incredibly mechanic heavy raids I can get highest DPS on a condi SB without once weapon swapping away from shortbow. No burst window to worry about, your skills simply add on rather than create these burst windows. The standard cSB build requires weapon swapping and some melee work but even then, no burst windows to worry about which creates a more relaxing way of dealing with mechanics. Hard to get any easier than that really.

• Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭

There is more to Snowcrows than just the golem benchmarks and the build window. They have done a good job with their individual build guides. They do indeed mention stuff like heat management. And they do mention the fact that some builds are harder to master than others and how much they rely on knowing the boss phases, interrups, animations and so on. They have said stuff like cSouldbest being beginner friendly and a good alternative for those players who do not want to get into Mirage or cFB for the time being. All of the information is there if you aren't too lazy to look for it.

Frankly, the effectiveness of a DPS build greatly depends on the player in question and the squad they are in. Experienced players are usually able to pick up new DPS builds and have good numbers simply because they know the bosses well. It is even easier for them if they are in a static where they may expect similar timings and performances each raid. New players trying to run timing and burst reliant builds in pugs will have FAR more trouble with them even if you are supposed to play said build at some bosses because it is supposed to have the best numbers.

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

• Hex.2579Hex.2579 Member ✭✭✭

@weaponwh.9810 said:

I'd vote for DH.
    DH has very simple rotation, good dps in general, and the sweet aegis, as well as your healing based on percentage of your damage. You can technically tank a lot of raid specific mechanics with your DH healing skill while still dealing out significant damage. If you mess up the rotation, you can get back easily.
    Holo also has an easy rotation, but it's harder to manage because you can sometimes overheat yourself if not careful enough. And it'll take a huge chunk out of your dps when you can't get back into the forge quickly.
    Power SB is another lemon squeesy rotation class. But if you tap some skills too quickly, it'll cancel the last one. So it's just about remembering which one cancels which so you don't make that mistake. Power SB also gives you more juicy stuff based on your positioning. So you'd have to look out for where you stand vs the boss. Just like Holo, it's easy but it's harder to master, you have to think more, work more. Whereas DH is just overall so easy to jam, it'll get my vote every time, even if you still mess up the rotation, your numbers would be still high.

The thing about rotation is that, there are only 2-3 skills on your current weapon set that deal the most damage, usually 2, 5, and sometimes 3/4. So you'd prioritize those first, along with playing around your utilities and get the timings together. So when everything is off cd, you can reuse them in the most efficient way.
    You can pretty much build your own rotation on your own builds. I wouldn't recommend unless you love build crafting and have time/golds to spend on benching the golems with expensive sigils/runes. I run off meta builds a lot and as long as they perform close to the meta builds, nobody would know because bgdm meter didn't exist anymore. Nobody could see what you're wearing/running unless they ask to ping armor.
    You know why sync sick em with your high damage skills and what not? Just read the tool tips of each skill, you'll figure. The idea is that you have some basic understanding of the class, know what each skill does, it'll make understand rotations better. And once you grab that idea, you can go off to make your own.

You can make a new character, try it out in PvP lobby because it'll level you up to 80 and grant all elite specs, so you can try out with the PvP golems and see if you like what you see. If not, delete that character, make a new one, rinse and repeat until you find something you like.