Skyhammer Favors the Burn Guard

seraph shay.6170

Condi players incoming:"yOu ArE nOt SuPpOsEd To FaCeTaNk BuRn, YoU kNoW?!?11!"or"jUsT dOdGe!"

Nah.. I know what you mean, my death info board is dominated by like 60k burn almost everytime I die.. I think burn is the single most broken thing in sPvP.. Way too many procs possible for some specs imho.. Like... I'm not requesting burn dmg nerfs across the board, just the burn stack output of some specs.But I don't think that's related to skyhammer tho. at least I don't see why the nodes there would be any different than on other maps, quite the opposite maybe, since you have kite and no-tp spots around every node it could actually be better than other maps.. You probably just got really unlucko with the enemy team stacking burn specs.

I'd like to see cleansing sigil remove 3 condies instead of 1, so it works like pve and wvw. Then, I'd remove a few stacks from guardian's burn rotation in pvp. Not too much though, maybe change spirit weapons to inflict burning on every second hit in pvp. One or two changes like that and Guardian burn issue is resolved. It's not actually that strong, just above average. If the burst was toned down and cleansing sigil was made more reliable, I think it'd be in a great place still, without being hit with the mesmer dodge hammer.

@"seraph shay.6170" said:Got hit with no joke, 99k hits of burning. Can't even get on the point to have a chance at skyhammer.

That means you managed to heal through something like 70k or more. Or does your build have 99k HP ??

Please stop looking at the "death breakdown". It's garbage. It doesn't tell the truth. It doesn't reset the counter for conditions, which it does for power attacks. With power attacks, it only shows you the immediate damage recently taken that immediately resulted in you dying. Whereas, with conditions, it shows literally every condition tick you've taken since you spawned, even if some of them happened 5 minutes ago. You did not get "hit" by 99k burning. You accrued 99k burning damage over your entire lifetime from spawn until death, which if that was 3 minutes, means you're only taking 500 damage per second. See how this stuff looks differently when you actually work it out?

If it worked the same way as it does for power attacks, you'd also see death breakdowns showing stuff like 99k damage taken from stuff like grenades or rapid-fire or... etc.

Look at the combat log. That will actually tell you what is happening.

I wish I could take 99k power damage and only die then and there.Problem with condition stems from couple of factors,1 it doesnt reset how its supposed to, what Ragnar mentioned.2 Several skills apply same condition, this 99k burning is not guard using one or 2 skills but everything they have.If you fight 1v1 for a node and die, it wont show 99k power damage, but it will show you skills split over with 5k-10k each that if you were to add up would come to said 99k anyways.ALSO condi death recap includes down-state

How did you know about my alt account!?

Oh, I should mention on the topic of burn guards. You can make some small adjustments to the meta scrapper build, take purity of purpose instead of HGH, run purge gyro instead of Elixir R. Enjoy your permanent aegis.

Really great way to make burn guards want to alt+f4

@"DoomNexus.5324" said:Condi players incoming:"yOu ArE nOt SuPpOsEd To FaCeTaNk BuRn, YoU kNoW?!?11!"or"jUsT dOdGe!"

Nah.. I know what you mean, my death info board is dominated by like 60k burn almost everytime I die.. I think burn is the single most broken thing in sPvP.. Way too many procs possible for some specs imho.. Like... I'm not requesting burn dmg nerfs across the board, just the burn stack output of some specs.But I don't think that's related to skyhammer tho. at least I don't see why the nodes there would be any different than on other maps, quite the opposite maybe, since you have kite and no-tp spots around every node it could actually be better than other maps.. You probably just got really unlucko with the enemy team stacking burn specs.

But... you haven't disproven those arguments. You just wrote it stupid. Maybe if you could somehow demonstrate that their burning is unavoidable or oppressive, then those arguments would go away.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@"DoomNexus.5324" said:Condi players incoming:"yOu ArE nOt SuPpOsEd To FaCeTaNk BuRn, YoU kNoW?!?11!"or"jUsT dOdGe!"

But... you haven't disproven those arguments. You just wrote it stupid. Maybe if you could somehow demonstrate that their burning is unavoidable or oppressive, then those arguments would go away.

Bring cleanse. And Im not even memeing. Burn guardian applies an incredible variation of condis. 1. Burn. Dodge the spirit sword and manage cleanse and you can survive the dps he has.

@Kuma.1503 said:How did you know about my alt account!?

Oh, I should mention on the topic of burn guards. You can make some small adjustments to the meta scrapper build, take purity of purpose instead of HGH, run purge gyro instead of Elixir R. Enjoy your permanent aegis.

Really great way to make burn guards want to alt+f4I just wish I could do as much burns as guardian with Flamethrower, but somehow someone wacking you with a sword applies more burns then someone blasting you with fire.

@Vancho.8750 said:

Really great way to make burn guards want to alt+f4I just wish I could do as much burns as guardian with Flamethrower, but somehow someone wacking you with a sword applies more burns then someone blasting you with fire.I rarely get outburned in a fight with a burn guard literally using only blowtorch.

That is in WvW however.

And I believe this old saying is more true than ever:

How do you recognise someone using a good sPvP build in WvW?They have no cleanse.

@Vancho.8750 said:

Really great way to make burn guards want to alt+f4I just wish I could do as much burns as guardian with Flamethrower, but somehow someone wacking you with a sword applies more burns then someone blasting you with fire.

It makes sense because it's maaaagical fire. It's blue so that means it's probably hotter.

yeah idk either

@thundermarch.5643 said:yes it totally give favor DH burn , massive alteration (like ranger trap and rev) and thats it's not normal.

Secondly the game is totally broken by which team will have the DH burn on their side to win...what a false and bias comment. Like i can say the map favors “insert class here” witch team has “class here” on their side to win...Burn does need a nerf but comments like this just spread false information...

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@"seraph shay.6170" said:Got hit with no joke, 99k hits of burning. Can't even get on the point to have a chance at skyhammer.

That means you managed to heal through something like 70k or more. Or does your build have 99k HP ??

Please stop looking at the "death breakdown". It's garbage. It doesn't tell the truth. It doesn't reset the counter for conditions, which it does for power attacks. With power attacks, it only shows you the immediate damage recently taken that immediately resulted in you dying. Whereas, with conditions, it shows literally every condition tick you've taken since you spawned, even if some of them happened 5 minutes ago. You did not get "hit" by 99k burning. You
accrued
99k burning damage over your entire lifetime from spawn until death, which if that was 3 minutes, means you're only taking 500 damage per second. See how this stuff looks differently when you actually work it out?

If it worked the same way as it does for power attacks, you'd also see death breakdowns showing stuff like 99k damage taken from stuff like grenades or rapid-fire or... etc.

Look at the
combat log
. That will actually tell you what is happening.

This is helpful, I was not aware. Will turn on the combat log and take a look.

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

@"thundermarch.5643" said:yes it totally give favor DH burn , massive alteration (like ranger trap and rev) and thats it's not normal.

Secondly the game is totally broken by which team will have the DH burn on their side to win...what a false and bias comment. Like i can say the map favors “insert class here” witch team has “class here” on their side to win...Burn does need a nerf but comments like this just spread false information...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unblockable"Most skills that only apply conditions or control effects (and are not projectiles) are unblockable."

What do gardian ? Flame, that are not projectile , so they are unblockable .

What dommage flame does with gardien ?

• Way too much

Can it kill in 3sc people and that's why everybody complain ?

• Hell yes

Is it a good reason to carry the game and over represented actually in Every game ?

• Yes totally

Thanks you

And for our beautifull skyhammer we can all check what to spam who is actually unblockable on this little tiny point ...

Basiclly whatever is an condi aoe spam on this point and not a projectil will land

I think it's a problem when the result of a fight there is partially made by a factor like '' xx spam most in condi '' it's unhealthy in m'y opinion

@thundermarch.5643 said:

@thundermarch.5643 said:yes it totally give favor DH burn , massive alteration (like ranger trap and rev) and thats it's not normal.

"Most skills that only apply conditions or control effects (and are not projectiles) are unblockable."

What do gardian ? Flame, that are not projectile , so they are unblockable .

What dommage flame does with gardien ?
  • Way too much

Can it kill in 3sc people and that's why everybody complain ?
  • Hell yes

Is it a good reason to carry the game and over represented actually in Every game ?
  • Yes totally

Thanks you

Guard only has one unblock and is spear first of all.Burn is overturned in general not only a guardian problem

Can it kill in 3 secs yes only if you just watch him hit you.... you can pop stab and walk away and cleanse you can port out go invul etc etc

Does it carry yes in low rated gamesDoes it has weakness yes many.. cc, powerdamage, condi builds, presure from range, also is bad being focus.

Does it need a nerf prob but is not that crazy like people put it to be.