Comfiest shortcut for build and equipment slots?

Oxstar.7643

So I've been fighting the lacking remapping to try and find a combination of buttons that is less awkward than shift+1-9. Mouse 4+1-9? Nope, not supported. <+1-9? Same deal.Right mouse+1-9? Oh no, this game does ot support dual purpose binding of keys. Honestly, why are the remapping controls so freaking lacking? Get with the times, A-net.What shortcuts do you guys use? Please share, my left hand is slowly becokming the claw grip.

I use left CTRL +1 for the build 1 and left CTRL + F1 for the weapon set that goes with it, then CTRL + 2 / CTRL + F2 for the other.
If you have something else mapped you can change and with some time you will get used to it. If you try different combination you will find something you like.My weapon swap key stopped working for some reason so I mapped my weapon swap to A (which is the equivalent of Q in my language). After some time I got used to it.

I don't use shortcuts for build and equipment tabs, but generally speaking my approach is to put skills and other things I need while I'm in-combat (like weapon swap and dodge) wherever it's most comfortable (for me that's the number pad) and then everything else goes wherever I think I'm most likely to remember it. It often means moving my hand off the combat keys, but that's ok as long as it's easy to remember what I'm trying to push and easy to get it back in position if I get attacked.

For example I have the first 5 mounts on the 8, 9, 0, - and = keys and the rollerbeetle, warclaw and skyscale on p, [ and ] because those are just below. The rest of the number row is actually menu buttons, in the same order they appear at the top of the screen. Q, W, E, A, S, and D are still movement keys (although my main ones are the arrow keys, to use with the number pad) and the row below is jump, about face, dodge (2nd binding), stow weapon and walk on \, z, x, c and v.

The only reason for that placement is that I'm able to tell you where all those functions are when I'm not even logged in because I don't need to check, which means I can also remember where they are while I'm playing without needing to check or spend too long thinking about it.

I don't tend to use modifiers unless I want to make sure I'm highly unlikely to trigger that action accidentally. For example call target is on Shift+tab because I don't want to do that unless I mean to or I'll confuse a bunch of people in my group.

Alt+1 Build Template AAlt+2 Equipment Template AAlt+3 Build Template BAlt+4 Equipment Template BAlt+5 Build Template CAlt+6 Equipment Template C

Shift+1 RaptorShift+2 SpringerShift+3 SkimmerShift+4 JackalShift+5 GriffonShift+6 SkyscaleShift+7 Roller BeetleShift+8 Warclaw

Not a one-button solution, but I've found it easy enough for me. /shrug

@kharmin.7683 said:Alt+1 Build Template AAlt+2 Equipment Template AAlt+3 Build Template BAlt+4 Equipment Template BAlt+5 Build Template CAlt+6 Equipment Template C

Shift+1 RaptorShift+2 SpringerShift+3 SkimmerShift+4 JackalShift+5 GriffonShift+6 SkyscaleShift+7 Roller BeetleShift+8 Warclaw

I like those build and equipment template shortcuts. I’ll have to use those.

I use the number pad on my keyboard as the mount shortcuts, instead of the number keys across the top. They evidently are different (which I didn’t know before)

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Alt+1 Build Template AAlt+2 Equipment Template AAlt+3 Build Template BAlt+4 Equipment Template BAlt+5 Build Template CAlt+6 Equipment Template C

I like those build and equipment template shortcuts. I’ll have to use those.I just found it easy for me to hold down the Alt key with my pinky and then quickly hit whatever 2 numbers I need to swap my build/equipment. I had already done a similar set up with the mounts, so it was almost natural for me.I use the number pad on my keyboard as the mount shortcuts, instead of the number keys across the top. They evidently are different (which I didn’t know before)I know other people do this, too, but I'd rather keep my right hand on my mouse and my left closer to all of the keys that I use instead of reaching for the number pad. /shrug Whatever works, right?

@kharmin.7683 said:

I like those build and equipment template shortcuts. I’ll have to use those.

Whatever works, right?

Oh exactly. That’s why I am going to steal use your idea on the templates.

I honestly didn’t realize I could use short cuts for the build load outs. I am quite excited actually.

Not that I really am ever in a spot that I need to change it ‘that fast’, but it’s one easier step.

Because the F-keys and the ALT+num are already assigned to other things, I use CTRL+num and SHIFT+CTRL+num to switch.

And I have assigned the same numbers to corresponding build and equiqment template slots:

CTRL+1 Build Template Slot 1 "Support"SHIFT+CTRL+1 Equipment Template Slot 1 "Support"

CTRL+2 Build Template Slot 2 "DPS"SHIFT+CTRL+1 Equipment Template Slot 2 "DPS"

etc.

So I can switch both very fast with this. Example for switching both to slot 2:

• press and hold down CTRL-SHIFT
  • press 2
  • release SHIFT
  • press 2

@Zok.4956 said:So I can switch both very fast with this. Example for switching both to slot 2:

• press and hold down CTRL-SHIFT
  • press 2
  • release SHIFT
  • press 2This is still one extra step over simple ctrl or shift + 1 and 2 though.

I got to remember to try if it can shift both at once (ie ctrl + fat finger 1+2) because that would just be 2 buttons with a ctrl or shift haha.