[Build][Guide][Video] Condi Hybrid P/D Deadeye

saerni.2584

I've posted a couple of montage videos so far and I've never posted a full build link or a description of how it works. I've also gotten feedback that some additional information in the video showing the traits involved would help people understand how the build functions. So, without too much additional commentary, here is a video that should address some of those comments. The build link and some additional commentary on its function is in the description, although the video starts with the weapons/runes/sigils to help someone get a feel for things.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll probably be more responsive on here than on youtube.

Good link. I have a few differences. I am actually using pressure strike out of trickery and then absorption sigil on the p/d set. This is coupled with draining sigil. I then use Scorpion wire. This teamed with Tormenting runes as this coupled with the SA sustain adds nicely to ongoing heals. Scorpion wire allows for interrupts over and above the steal in p/d and this allows me to steal more boons then just bountiful theft overall with the sigil of absorption.

On an interrupt I steal 3 boons, apply two stacks torment, heal off the draining sigil and get the heal off the torment runes and with SOH+SW combo have 3 separate interrupt sources . When i swap to SB the poison field interrupt is very potent.

One thing I do not have down as well as you is that CnD. I tend to whiff mine more :)

I really like the way p/d plays but I'm too lazy to put together another set.Nice build roll out at the start. And I like your target turning and facing, it left you good lanes to mess around in or to push or bug out.

Edit: The times you've seen someone go into stealth and your Jedi senses (experience) told you exactly where they'd be and you turn and shift just right to tag them with CnD, maybe try to feel that. Like play CnD as if it were untargeted even while targeted, just have to make sure you don't let yourself target pivot. If you're carrying it over on a port maybe just start pressing it a split second before port launches and see if it ends right at target contact to get past the swing when you get there.

@babazhook.6805 said:One thing I do not have down as well as you is that CnD. I tend to whiff mine more :)

@babazhook.6805 said:Good link. I have a few differences. I am actually using pressure strike out of trickery and then absorption sigil on the p/d set. This is coupled with draining sigil. I then use Scorpion wire. This teamed with Tormenting runes as this coupled with the SA sustain adds nicely to ongoing heals. Scorpion wire allows for interrupts over and above the steal in p/d and this allows me to steal more boons then just bountiful theft overall with the sigil of absorption.

On an interrupt I steal 3 boons, apply two stacks torment, heal off the draining sigil and get the heal off the torment runes and with SOH+SW combo have 3 separate interrupt sources . When i swap to SB the poison field interrupt is very potent.

One thing I do not have down as well as you is that CnD. I tend to whiff mine more :)

That's sounds nice and potent with interrupts. I'm not as good as I used to be with CnD. Back when Dash didn't have exhaustion I ran a Daredevil version that could gap close that way for quick CnD.

Now I've replaced that with using F2's for stealth and CnD in much more limited circumstances.

I'd note that the combo of Sleight of Hand and Sigil of Celerity means my Mark serves as 5 seconds of quickness. Add in BQoBK and you get a nice duration to land a burst in. And the cooldown reset on Mark means it can be more consistently available in combo with Stealth from Mark.

Which, I should also mention is helpful because Quickness lets you queue up a Sneak Attack as long as you aren't too close to the target. An auto attack might break stealth but only after your Sneak Attack is firing. Makes it easier to apply damage and not get stuck wasting stealth by being unable to drop malice.

Respectable play, and a neat loadout. Though I wonder if opting more for the condi side of durability in Dire/TB is worthwhile in some outnumbered fighting. My troll P/unequip DE does a shocking amount of damage for how durable it is. I'm honestly surprised more people didn't punish as aggressively as they could have in the windows you were revealed since you are fairly glassy.

I will say, that pug rev in the first fight is an absolute legend for surviving all that time on his own during your stealthing when fighting into that size of a group of Mag lol.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Respectable play, and a neat loadout. Though I wonder if opting more for the condi side of durability in Dire/TB is worthwhile in some outnumbered fighting. My troll P/unequip DE does a shocking amount of damage for how durable it is. I'm honestly surprised more people didn't punish as aggressively as they could have in the windows you were revealed since you are fairly glassy.

I will say, that pug rev in the first fight is an absolute legend for surviving all that time on his own during your stealthing when fighting into that size of a group of Mag lol.

I find that to get the fluid stealth access through stolen skills the higher crit rate is essential.

I used to run Dire and Trailblazer back before condi cleanse got ridiculous (the main hard counter at that point was Diamond Skin ele). I've been running hybrid for a couple of years now but the most recent iteration is a product of completely rebuilding myself from the ground up. I find doing damage is essential to sustain simply because I can pressure higher dps enemies so they can't free cast.

You still do get stuck when multiple others are paired with a high sustain damage dealer (like a proper burn guard) or a oneshot Mesmer or Soulbeast. Those oneshot builds have enough invuln and can cover massive spike damage enough to really present a problem in groups.

@saerni.2584That dire/tb condi pd is basically what I currently run with core, partly because it's good for nubs (I can win a pretty good amount of 1v1s against players who should be better than someone only playing for a month, the rotation is so simple and destroys anyone who isn't prepared- get owned by some but that's normal considering I'm pretty new) and partly cos I'm poor and it gives me survivability while learning fractals without having to switch gear. If they're a target I can kill it's pretty obvious after my initial burst, but I also get outplayed by any thief with more stealth than I do (which is nearly all of them), but then again the extra tank gives me the chance to get away.

So you think this is a better version of the pd setup clearly? I just finished my DE spec and would be willing to work on the gear to switch (I only have a few ascended) if people like yourself can vouch hard enough.

I'm still looking for a PvP/WvW build to make my main, and am willing to put the time into practicing mechanics, in fact sooner the better which is why I'm asking.

@Tridentuk.1625 said:@saerni.2584That dire/tb condi pd is basically what I currently run with core, partly because it's good for nubs (I can win a pretty good amount of 1v1s against players who should be better than someone only playing for a month, the rotation is so simple and destroys anyone who isn't prepared- get owned by some but that's normal considering I'm pretty new) and partly cos I'm poor and it gives me survivability while learning fractals without having to switch gear. If they're a target I can kill it's pretty obvious after my initial burst, but I also get outplayed by any thief with more stealth than I do (which is nearly all of them), but then again the extra tank gives me the chance to get away.

So you think this is a better version of the pd setup clearly? I just finished my DE spec and would be willing to work on the gear to switch (I only have a few ascended) if people like yourself can vouch hard enough.

I'm still looking for a PvP/WvW build to make my main, and am willing to put the time into practicing mechanics, in fact sooner the better which is why I'm asking.

Stealth is the biggest issue generally thief v thief. For that reason the best strategy is to kite out the enemy thief and force them to chase and use cool downs. That said, if you can force their cool downs while mostly saving your own you will do decently.

The switch from Core to DE while using Trickery basically neuters your condi damage because poison from DA is huge. (For PvE type stuff I'd drop out of SA and go M7 with DA for more damage). But, you gain a lot of extra stealth from DE and bonuses to Sneak Attack so I'd view it as a cousin to the more condi heavy and sustain oriented Core builds.

One isn't better than another. But I like the ability of hybrid to avoid getting shut down by cleanses and needing to run away. Hybrid can kill anything given the right opportunities.

@saerni.2584Ok thanks. I might consider switching, though to DE or DD not sure yet- the extra stealth just seems like it gives more decision making options during the fight whereas core feels a bit more all-inny because it suffers from less stealth than DE and less mobility AND stealth than DD.Like, the extra tankiness is nice and all but it feels very single target burst committed so that it's harder to reset if the situation changes, and if I've blown my initiative and stealth already the tankiness doesn't save me any. Will probably wait and go for dp DD once i've finished spec.