is holosmith fairly easy for fractal/raid

weaponwh.9810

If you want optimal, everything is hard. Last I checked you dont even "need" all that crap with multiple kits, a holo can maintain high dps just spamming weapon skills and flipping forge. But I rarely do fractals and dont raid nor do I even like the holo so others can offer more insight. Personally I prefer scrapper for PvE content since you can maintain a 6-10k barrier buffer against damage. Not dying when something sneeze at you is generally beginner friendly.

try rifle holo + replace granades on turretyou will do 3-4k dps less, but rotation is much easier to learn (you still will be one of top dps)As you overheat to 75, then you start with 3+4 ->kaboomthem rifle 5+3then bombsthen rifle 3, and your holo mode is readythen you spam 111, 3,4 and switch to bombs (until holo 3,4 is ready)and again 3,4rifle 5+3 etc

As I use sword holo, rifle holo(only for 99), condi holo( for 100) in fractal, sword holo is pretty simpler than rifle holo and does better dps. I recommend you to go sword/ shield, not sword / pistol since dps loss is small and shield skills are great for additional CC and defensive options. Other Engi utilities are very useful in frac ( group stealth, super speed, pull mobs, etc etc)

cFB or SLB is easier for fractals and pull high dps with low effort. In order to match their dps as rifle holo you need to have an impecable heat management to use your bursts and explode after the boss becomes vulnerable and before the bosses phases,

But if you just wanna do "decent dps", yeah go for it.