I want to play scrapper...

Dixa.6017

But i don't want to be an engineer. I despise core engineer playstyle.

I have not played since launch outside of dabbling a little in HoT (getting annoyed by the maps and leaving the same day) and at some point I did do enough of POF to unlock the scourge on a necro but I don't recall that taking that long. Came back this week, keep looking for powerful pve builds that aren't going to wear me out as action combat tends to on this old man. did power and condition reaper but not a fan of their playstyles - actually like core necro better as shroud lasts longer as an oh crap button. Tried a power renegade but having to basically count from 9 in my head to make sure i'm always flipping legendaries also just..i already have a job that's literally 24/7.

I know it's an action combat game with lots of dodges and what not and i understand that - my main on the base game was a mesmer. but if there is simple - and no kit hammer face tank scrapper looks like it fits the bill - that's what i'm after. is this just a fanciful wish?

I hear there are hero point trains. is there someplace this is organized? i'm on sea of sorrows.

I just want the scrapper. and maybe healing turret. the rest can stay in the bin. kthnx.

@"Antycypator.9874" said:So, are you looking for a good scrapper build? Then try jaggernaut/flamethrower scrapper. It's easy. All it takes is berserker eq and flamethrower on your utility skills. Engi has good trait synergy.Something like this.

Just use flamethrower and maybe sometimes hammer 2 and 5.

does that build barrier the way hammer auto attack does? that's what im looking to do, face tank like a lot of the youtube guides

@Dixa.6017 said:

@"Antycypator.9874" said:So, are you looking for a good scrapper build? Then try jaggernaut/flamethrower scrapper. It's easy. All it takes is berserker eq and flamethrower on your utility skills. Engi has good trait synergy.Something like

does that build barrier the way hammer auto attack does? that's what im looking to do, face tank like a lot of the youtube guides

All sources of outgoing damage build barrier on Scrapper.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@"Antycypator.9874" said:So, are you looking for a good scrapper build? Then try jaggernaut/flamethrower scrapper. It's easy. All it takes is berserker eq and flamethrower on your utility skills. Engi has good trait synergy.Something like

All sources of outgoing damage build barrier on Scrapper.All sources of
power
damage, Anet deleted scrapper condi builds remember?

@"Dixa.6017"

Hello i'm gladly able to help you

Also from what i read you got bit problem with core engineer so here it is what i used while geting hp/leveling up

Here is core engi:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeTAQlFwqYcMLWJO6LvJPA-zRIURUwXI0xNVABmAeML6psB-e

you schold have berrier most of time even if your not scrapper, same as 3 ways of pasive healing1 runes, 2 backpack regenerator, 3 big boomer

Hope you will get fun

here is also my open word build that do around 10-13k dps (solo) (scrapper)

-> It's casual friendly as you only using hammer, and spam gyros whenever it's ready-> it's have hight sustain (even able to kill bounty solo)-> Perm 25might, perm fury, also perm quickness who alow you smash your 1 even faster-> You can face tank most thinks-> your got 3 ways to heal yourself

cons-> your need get x2 ascended acessory + 1 earning that have diviner stats (rest can be exotic)-> runes can cost 2-3g per 1

here is build for youhttp://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PejAIJlRwcYQsGWJO8LvteA-zRRYBRBXJcQanRYSgAVAq8AEwG41QhZAA-e

• 2 weeks later...

Get mounts before you hp farm, solid. It makes it MUCH easier. And no, not skyscale - skyscale is behind an epically bloated achivement chain that would tire out ven youngsters. Just springer and gliding with masteries makes it possible to reach any hp if you jump and glide smartly, and it's more exciting than flying up to them.

This is my dps scrapper.
gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlRwgYNMHWKOWLvteA-zRJYiRBfZEYBURCo2s87rF-e

This is a tankier version.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlRwgYWMHWKWeT5tOA-zRJYiRBfZEYBURCo2s87rF-e

You will get almost perma 25 mights and fury with decent boon duration. Feel free to switch to any heal/utility/elite skills depending on situations but make sure you have at least 1 stun break or stability source. Try to use combo field and finisher scrapper has.

Healing turret for condi clease and burst heal.Elixir H synergizes better on tankier build.A.E.D if you know when boss will hit hard.Rocket boost for mobility.Personal Battering ram for more cc.Tool kit skill 5 for 1,200 range pull.Flamethrower for tagging. (I don't reccommend it for dps because it is really bad)Granade kit for range if you dont like mortar kit or have a free utility slot.Throw mine for boon rip.Elixir B for offensive boons.Purge gyro for condi clease.Sneak gyro for super long stealth on short cooldown, combo sneak gyro with hammer skill 3 for longer stealth. (I use it to consume hp like Balthazar and loot chests)Mortat kit for range and cc and useful combo field.Supply Turret if you know you will fight in the same location for a while like death branded shatterer and other big meta events.