what april fool effects would you like to see?

Ayakaru.6583

For me, I'd like to see a grainscale filter.All visuals through a brown filter, lines and rasps across the screen as if it's an eighties cinema screening.All audio and music filtered to make it sound like a gramophone player is playing.

(I know that plane effect a few years back got anet on edge, but an effect like this is so harmless i can't possibly imagine any backlash)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ayakaru.6583 said:For me, I'd like to see a grainscale filter.All visuals through a brown filter, lines and rasps across the screen as if it's an eighties cinema screening.All audio and music filtered to make it sound like a gramophone player is playing.

(I know that plane effect a few years back got anet on edge, but an effect like this is so harmless i can't possibly imagine any backlash)

No backlash? I hated it. I didn't play until it was gone. I know several other players who likewise hated it.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:For me, I'd like to see a grainscale filter.All visuals through a brown filter, lines and rasps across the screen as if it's an eighties cinema screening.All audio and music filtered to make it sound like a gramophone player is playing.

No backlash? I hated it. I didn't play until it was gone. I know several other players who likewise hated it.

Well, for that effect, there should always be a disable button, of course(can hardly imagine why anyone would passionately hate a 1-day effect, though)

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

Well, for that effect, there should always be a disable button, of course(can hardly imagine why anyone would passionately hate a 1-day effect, though)Were you around when it happened? I despised this effect to the point that the game wasn't fun to play. Others I know did as well. Implementing something globally that discourages players from logging in or playing that game is not something that I think would be in Anet's best interests.

Yes, a disable option would be preferred should something like this be implemented.

Sounds obnoxious. Absolutely no. For some, takes away from immersion in story. For others, more headache from effects and sounds. For me, I can't stand the aviator box and the idea of a full day of not what I logged in for sounds dreadful. Put it as a novelty item for those who would like to spend the day with gray scale or annoying music or skirtt language.

April Fools was a tradition going back to GW1 days. Gender reversals, stick figures etc. Never hurt their business interest before and it wont in the future either.

Personally it's people kicking up a fuss over nothing when they create over it, but Anet can always just make it capital cities only or LA only like in GW1. That way a it's a one day bit of completely harmless fun that doesn't become a needless drama

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@AgentMoore.9453 said:Replace all character dialogue with Skritt lines.

Replace all characters with Skritt!

replace all enemies, NPCs, and elder dragons with skritt!

Skrittamoth. Skrittatorrik, Primordial Skritt. Skrittmag. Steve the Skritt!

Imagine seeing Mordremoth coming up out of the depths with a great big skritt head! Or Zhaitan being made of hundreds of different skritt.

I think we're onto something here!

@Randulf.7614 said:April Fools was a tradition going back to GW1 days. Gender reversals, stick figures etc. Never hurt their business interest before and it wont in the future either.

Personally it's people kicking up a fuss over nothing when they create over it, but Anet can always just make it capital cities only or LA only like in GW1. That way a it's a one day bit of completely harmless fun that doesn't become a needless drama

Fuss over nothing in your view, perhaps. For some of us, it was a pretty big deal.

Implementing this kind of thing in capital cities only would be preferable.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:April Fools was a tradition going back to GW1 days. Gender reversals, stick figures etc. Never hurt their business interest before and it wont in the future either.

Fuss over nothing in your view, perhaps. For some of us, it was a pretty big deal.

Implementing this kind of thing in capital cities only would be preferable.

Yes that's it - an absolute fuss over nothing. It's a bit of fun and mischief in a video game for just one day on a day where fun and mischief is encouraged. Something we need in this world more than ever right now I'd say.

But, people are what people are. I hope Anet do something though. The rest of us miss out when they stopped doing them and if they must restrict locations then at least those of us who want a bit of silliness can have it.

The capitol city idea sounds great! Add a novelty each year that allows those of us that enjoy the effect year round. A tonic obtainable once a year on April 1st would promote the novelty system. So much potential for fun here if done right. I sympathize for the players that don't enjoy this and there should be a built in measure for them to not participate.