Crafting for the Legendary Armory

The only ones I'm working on slowly are the gen 2 pistol (literally only offhand except on condi engineer which is annoying to play + thief which is a meme if you use in mainhand) and shortbow (it's only condi for essentially every spec). That's where all my extra wood is going. My reason is the gen 1 legendary weapons are cheapened out by being on the TP.Have armor (all weights) , all backpieces, amulet, rings, and trinkets done and multiple gen 2 weapons such as Nevermore and Astralaria.I might work on more rings from WvW. It's the biggest cost savings as far as templates go if you use +9AR stat infusions that are 60+ gold a piece.

If I were to suggest the order of priority I would say:

• Backpiece --- Because the only place you can have ascended backpieces easily is LS3 and it costs 500 fractal relics each to get 2 infusion slots typically (an exception is Bough of Melandru)
  • Rings --- 3 infusion slots is a huge savings if you use +9AR 5 attribute stat infusions and/or WvW stat infusions, not so much if you only raid/openworld ... if you don't WvW often then skip this
  • Trinkets --- you can only have 1 of these per account (Aurora + Vision) and they are tedious PvE with some of the hardest jumping puzzles involved
  • Armor --- It works for all stat sets , can be obtained in PVE/WVW/PVP
  • Spear (Underwater weapons) --- semi-useless now but if you have 10 characters it will pay off once the armory arrives since 7 classes use it
  • 2 hand Weapons used in more than 1 stat combination --- Not the ubiquitous Greatswords everywhere (it's a power weapon for all classes whether it is Warrior, Ranger, Guardian, Reaper, Mesmer) ... more like Staff (it's used in heal stat and in minstrel, power stat , and condi stat if you WvW)
  • 1 hand weapons used in more than 1 stat combination --- mainly sword (condi weaver uses it and so does berserker ; diviner on mesmers with 50% Boon Duration ; minstrel's for WvW chronos ; power on guardians and revenants...) and axe (condi firebrand , mirage , rev offhand ; power on warrior , necros, and rangers). Shield if you don't intend to use a mainhand legendary (power on holosmiths and warriors; boon duration on chronos and support guardians) . Some other weaker considerations include dagger (condi tempest , ranger ; power spellbreaker and thieves ; PVE support scourge) and scepter (condi chronos , guardians, and scourges ; power tempests and some guardians).
  • If you don't PvP whatsoever then I would skip the amulet and just amass eternal ice shards to get a stockpile of Asgeir's amulets. Another alternative is mist pendants.

I was at 6 legendary armors, all 3 backpieces, all pve trinkets and 5 legy weapons when the announcement was made (Shining Blade, Bolt, Minstrel, Exordium and Nevermore). The goal was to have 9 legendary armors which I scrapped with the announcement.

Over the last year I crafted: Flameseeker Prophecies, Frenzy, Howler, Kraitkin, Kamohoali'i Kotaki, Meteorlogicus, The Moot, The Predator, Rodgort, Astralaria, HOPE and Sharur. Missing only Incinerator to have every weapon at least 1nce with Frostfang and Eureka on the to-do list for dual setups. The Spvp and WvW trinkets too.

Long story short: almost done with legendary crafting account wise.

The announcement of legendary armory caused me to stop making them but honestly that was only the light armor raid set as I have one from WvW. Everything else I already had from before it was made. There’s really no point in creating something that would end up being a duplicate other that the two exceptions having AP tied to them.

I'm not making anything specifically because of the armoury. I've got 3 legendary weapons already (The Dreamer, Bifrost and Claw of the Khan-Ur) and I was going to start making either Exordium or Nevermore earlier this month but decided to finish some sort-term goals first and that turned out to be a longer list than I expected. I also still can't decide which one I want to do first. But I'll start on one of them soon.

I've also made some progress towards both WvW and raid legendary armour. I got the medium ascended triumphant hero's chest piece just because I like the skin and a bunch of skirmish tickets saved up, and I've got various bits for the raid armour collections just from doing raids but I'm not really working on either.

If anything the armoury is making me think I probably shouldn't make Nevermore because sharing the Bifrost will be easier (and maybe I'll stop panicking that I've somehow lost it), but I really like the skin so I'll probably make it anyway.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:

Personally, I'm holding off for a short bow or hammer. The ones they have now just don't suit my taste and covering it with a skin seems wrong.

Unless I am missing something, The Armory won't help with this. It is only a place to store/share/equip legendary equipment. As far as I know, there is no news of actual new legendary items associated with it. Again, may have missed something, please educate me if I have.

I have a number of legendary weapons and the Gifts to make two more, but am not in need of any right now, so am holding off. Otherwise, I'd probably add axe and sword.

@DeanBB.4268 said:

@"Game of Bones.8975" said:

Personally, I'm holding off for a short bow or hammer. The ones they have now just don't suit my taste and covering it with a skin seems wrong.

Unless I am missing something, The Armory won't help with this. It is only a place to store/share/equip legendary equipment. As far as I know, there is no news of actual new legendary items associated with it. Again, may have missed something, please educate me if I have.

I just meant I don't like current Legendary Gen 1 or Gen 2 short bows/hammers. I've got Gifts and other stuff to make a "Gen 3" short bow or hammer if Cantha offers a better skin that what I'm using today. Right now I'm using the precursor for Chuka (short bow) and Lightward's Battlehammer.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:

I just meant I don't like current Legendary Gen 1 or Gen 2 short bows/hammers. I've got Gifts and other stuff to make a "Gen 3" short bow or hammer if Cantha offers a better skin that what I'm using today. Right now I'm using the precursor for Chuka (short bow) and Lightward's Battlehammer.

Yea they havent said anything about even thinking of a gen 3 legendary set so dont get your hopes up.