Siren's landing reclic backpacks animation? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Players Helping Players

Siren's landing reclic backpacks animation?

Does anyone have those? The preview window shows an animation happening, but it's not clear when that animation plays.
Does it happen only when you equip it once, then it's the shape it's supposed to be?
Or is it a combat animation that happens when you enter combat?

Anyone know?

I'm getting a butterfly Lyssa backpack for my mesmer, so just curious until i farm enough pearls.

Comments

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have them all. I shall go test one now for you

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2021

The animation only occurs when you equip it. It's static as the morphed shape you see finalised in the preview window after that, even in combat

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Veprovina.4876Veprovina.4876 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:
    The animation only occurs when you equip it. It's static as the morphed shape you see finalised in the preview window after that, even in combat

Thank you! I'll get them all eventually as well, but was just wondering.
    You've been very helpful! :smile:

• Veprovina.4876Veprovina.4876 Member ✭✭✭✭

UPDATE:

I know it's been a whiel but whatever, i thought i should add this for people to see.

I got the Lyssa backpack, and they transform every time you mount/dismount!
    So since people constantly do that nowdays, you'll see that animation a lot of the time.
    So for anyone who was bummed you don't see it often, you actually do. Not in combat, and only once on equip, but then after that - every time you mount or dismout.
    So... A lot. :smile: