The best necro build imo for fractals

silent killer.5732

Hello guys as the title says. I play full viper scourge but not with the typical 2,2,2 on scourge instead I run 1,1,2And on the courses I changed the last one so it's 2,1,3

I call this condi barriers obviously that's not my build who I invented but I couldn't find it in metabattle or snowcrownsWhich it's driving me crazy not to see it playing by other scourges. You sacrifice around 4k to 5k dps but man you are basically undead and you can carry or make the run extremely smooth.

The skills you need to bring is

Sand flare obviously so you can have your barriers for longer when needed or to condi cleanse.

Blood is power the only time you need to change it is if the party is struggling in boon striping so you change it to corrupt boon.

Signed of undeath is a mandatory for all scourge builds.

Epidemic also a mandatory unless you fighting single boss or your party lack stability so bad. You change it to trail of anguish.

Lastly I personally like plaguelands but you can bring the flesh golem

I wish I have good pc to record the game play but I swear to God with this build I only fall behind other fractal gods scourges who ran full dps viper by 4k to 5k unless they are far above my league skill wise.

The condi dps depends on your good connection and your timing on using your heavy damage dealing skills before the other condi players uses theirs. That's why you only behind by less than double digits in dps if you run this build

Reaper is good as well but that build can survive anything basically especially if you have a mediocre healer let alone playing with good healer by your side.

Sacrificing 4-5k dps is alot for some tankiness when almost all pugs will run a healbrand. Is this build for T4s and CMs? Typically most don't even want a scourge except for one fractal.. reaper has far higher burst damage which is what most want.

Maybe record a video, but it does sound like it would slow t4 groups down but may be good for carrying lower fractals.

@LuRkEr.9462 said:Sacrificing 4-5k dps is alot for some tankiness when almost all pugs will run a healbrand. Is this build for T4s and CMs? Typically most don't even want a scourge except for one fractal.. reaper has far higher burst damage which is what most want.

Maybe record a video, but it does sound like it would slow t4 groups down but may be good for carrying lower fractals.

Man I've been carrying a lot of bugs with this build but people just doesn't want to give any credibility to any scourges because of the talk that says only reaper is valid in t4I'm not good cm player even if I run my reaper the result remains the same lol but in t4 this build can fix any mistakes that anyone does its not me who's undeadThe whole party became very hard to go down especially if you know whats going to happen and you time your barriers and safe them to condi cleanse the big stack of condis. I might be able to try to record but I don't promise any good quality my pc is so effed up

@"Dadnir.5038" said:The build sacrificing efficiency for survivability, I am not surprised that it's not listed as "meta". Why would it be? Unless you're looking for a spot as a "tank", being undying at the cost of 4-5k dps isn't looked kindly on.

I find that the more skilled you become the less survivability you need such as stability and constant healing. If you use this build not to heal yourself if you are skilled enough to fight without the need of using the barriers to your favor but to keep the condis on your party in check than this build shine the most

If other scourges tries to run barriers a bit more I can see it be more viable obviously not to the point where it becomes meta but you can always go back and forth in changing the treats to go back to full dps

@silent killer.5732 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:The build sacrificing efficiency for survivability, I am not surprised that it's not listed as "meta". Why would it be? Unless you're looking for a spot as a "tank", being undying at the cost of 4-5k dps isn't looked kindly on.

I find that the more skilled you become the less survivability you need such as stability
and constant healing. If you use this build not to heal yourself if you are skilled enough to fight without the need of using the barriers to your favor but to keep the condis on your party in check than this build shine the most

It's quite the opposite; the more skilled you are the more knowledge you have of the fight and the better prepared you are for it. So in a fight where there's a lot of stun like the end boss on the Chaos fractal, the more stability you have the more you are able to continue your rotation, the less you have to move and by proxy the less you have to move the boss, the quicker you kill the boss. To that end, you want the boons and the healing to push through it. Barriers are nice but, ultimately in 5 man content, they will always lose out to straight up healing and boons. Not to mention that Scourge has the worst ramp up time for conditions which makes it the lowest condi damage dealer as it is, and then to sacrifice 4-5k dps on top of that means that, to be blunt without intending disrespect, you're wasting a slot in your group composition due to the inefficiency of your build. Unfortunately, Scourge is one of those professions that has an inverse correlation with group performance, i.e. the worse your group is the better it will perform, most especially support Scourge.

I appreciate you that you might enjoy Scourge play over Reaper and that's obviously fine. But if I may make a recommendation; though condi dps is generally not favored in fractals and Scourge has the worst condi dps of all, you will still be more beneficial running 2-2-2 Scourge with epi at the ready. Trash will usually die too quickly to power dps before you build enough condis on them to epi or even deliver enough damage, so you would be better off focusing on any vet enemies. There are bosses where epi scourge will be of great help, such as Arabella, The Voice for shade control, the Ice Elemental and so on. But ultimately, that help alone will still not be enough to justify taking Scourge over Reaper, which has far better burst.