Press the damn ready button

Crackers.9628

Why do you always feel the need to make everyone wait? Strangely enough, you instantly pressed ready when there was a penalty for not doing so. We're already waiting for the queue time (5 minutes every game), map decide, screen load, and the looong ready up.

I see people literally running around pre-game, so don't come with a story about switching builds. Press the fucking ready button

yep, its like this in every game. in league every single person waits untill the last moment to lock in, even when they only play 1 champion.same thing here, and with 10 players needed to ready at least 1 is bound to forget, not care or be alt-tabbed. Shrug.IMO they could reduce the timer by good 10-20s, and reduce time it takes to choose map, save us some waiting.

EDITsome people have shit PC so they are loading to the game, and some are just waiting for last moment to change class/build

@Crackers.9628 said:

@"Filip.7463" said:Ready check is for noobs (no offence).Some people change their build depending on oppo comp in that time. I usually go through kiting spots in that time so i am more aware of them after the match starts.If u cant chill out and wait that one minute... idk...

btw people are waiting 30mins for world bosses which last 5minutes and u are complaining about that one minute before match starts, smh

This is such a strange attitude I see these days, readying up is for noobs? Why does the pvp subculture need to be so edgy, grow up.He is the kind of guy you should not respond to. It's worthless. All the threads and posts he makes are basically : "if you don't agree with me you are at best noob. If you do, you re still noob anyway."

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@"Filip.7463" said:Ready check is for noobs (no offence).Some people change their build depending on oppo comp in that time. I usually go through kiting spots in that time so i am more aware of them after the match starts.If u cant chill out and wait that one minute... idk...

btw people are waiting 30mins for world bosses which last 5minutes and u are complaining about that one minute before match starts, smh

This is such a strange attitude I see these days, readying up is for noobs? Why does the pvp subculture need to be so edgy, grow up.He is the kind of guy you should not respond to. It's worthless. All the threads and posts he makes are basically : "if you don't agree with me you are at best noob. If you do, you re still noob anyway."

People are complaining about wrong things. I would like time before match to be extended.

@Kachros.4751 said:Its literally 1 min n 30 seconds, its not a large issue. Its there to allow people to swap builds/characters and to give people time to prepare (whether its in game or irl). The arguments you stated arent valid and are just bias anger.

I have 2,5k games.If each took 30s less time this would save over 20hours of my time.think about that, and think about the fact that there are people that played 10x this. legit hundreds of hours wasted.but hey 30s doesnt seem like much am I rite ?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Kachros.4751 said:Its literally 1 min n 30 seconds, its not a large issue. Its there to allow people to swap builds/characters and to give people time to prepare (whether its in game or irl). The arguments you stated arent valid and are just bias anger.

I have 2,5k games.If each took 30s less time this would save over 20hours of my time.think about that, and think about the fact that there are people that played 10x this. legit hundreds of hours wasted.but hey 30s doesnt seem like much am I rite ?

As someone with 10k+ games across 2 accounts, waiting 1:30 min is really not an issue. You think this is wasted time? How about 1.5 hours queue just to lose twice as many points as you gain for win - yeah that was waste of time. Honestly waiting hours for some map events you need to repeat for some collection is actually worse. Gaming itself is waste of time badumms. I think 1 min 30 sec is fine, it allows people with toaster to load and, for those who want, to switch build/class. One of the best part of GW2 pvp is that matches are actually short. Your typical LoL match would go for 30-40 min >.<

I need that time mostly to prepare for enemy's, when you look at their comp you can try to imagine what there are playing, condi heavy, power burst heavy, beeing sponges or stuff like that,Having 1 and half minutes to check that out is not to long and not to short, I really would not like to cut it.The preparation time is fine in my opinion

Maybe they're just not ready?

Time till match start is time to:

• Look at enemy team
  • Monitor for enemy team changes
  • Guess as to what builds you will run into before the match starts and adjust your build appropriately
  • Gameplan with team
  • Sort out any point duties/explain that your build isnt facevalue if it is not (I am decapper engie, I can harass far, Thief can stay deadeye/ I am bunker X Dont peel if I'm 2v1ed/Watch beast for Y or some other nonsense)

Chill out for a bit. go get a drink, ask how people are doing, hype your team idk

@"Crackers.9628" said:Why do you always feel the need to make everyone wait? Strangely enough, you instantly pressed ready when there was a penalty for not doing so. We're already waiting for the queue time (5 minutes every game), map decide, screen load, and the looong ready up.

I have to manually check if the game correctly charged my loadout, because despite the templates, the Revenant is bugged and keeps swapping my utilities around. Then I have to check who's on each team, not only due composition, but also how many bots and blocks fills each one. Sometimes just taking a look gives a good insight of how the match will be going. Finally, I don't see the reason to hurry: despite the petitions, ANet never changed the huge queue screen which blocks your vision in every game mode when you are waiting to join, or never implemented a "give up botton" for when a team is being snowballed, etc. Is blatant that the game is being neglected in terms of support (and not only PvP), so if the developers don't have hurry, why should I?

@Cynz.9437 said:

@"Kachros.4751" said:Its literally 1 min n 30 seconds, its not a large issue. Its there to allow people to swap builds/characters and to give people time to prepare (whether its in game or irl). The arguments you stated arent valid and are just bias anger.

As someone with 10k+ games across 2 accounts, waiting 1:30 min is really not an issue. You think this is wasted time? How about 1.5 hours queue just to lose twice as many points as you gain for win - yeah that was waste of time. Honestly waiting hours for some map events you need to repeat for some collection is actually worse. Gaming itself is waste of time badumms. I think 1 min 30 sec is fine, it allows people with toaster to load and, for those who want, to switch build/class. One of the best part of GW2 pvp is that matches are actually short. Your typical LoL match would go for 30-40 min >.<

this is why nothing ever gets fixed or changed for the better.mentality of " this thing is worse so this less bad thing shouldnt be fixed " they cant fix matchmaking since its issue is lack of players, but they CAN save us time by having ready timer reduced, map take timer reduced, maybe queue accept button reduced. Heck, they did something like this in r6 siege and I love it, only time I miss pick/ban is when im alt-tabbed and thats on me. In the end I and most others play games for fun, and waiting is one of the most boring thing in the entire world.I used to play on a laptop and I can tell you that I never had an issue with connecting and switching a build, and people that switch classes do it either at the start or at the very end and the actual time has nothing to do with it.

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Crackers.9628" said:Why do you always feel the need to make everyone wait? Strangely enough, you instantly pressed ready when there was a penalty for not doing so. We're already waiting for the queue time (5 minutes every game), map decide, screen load, and the looong ready up.

I have to manually check if the game correctly charged my loadout, because despite the templates, the Revenant is bugged and keeps swapping my utilities around. Then I have to check who's on each team, not only due composition, but also how many bots and blocks fills each one. Sometimes just taking a look gives a good insight of how the match will be going. Finally, I don't see the reason to hurry: despite the petitions, ANet never changed the huge queue screen which blocks your vision in every game mode when you are waiting to join, or never implemented a "give up botton" for when a team is being snowballed, etc. Is blatant that the game is being neglected in terms of support (and not only PvP), so if the developers don't have hurry, why should I?

the fact that developers dont respect your time doesnt mean that YOU should disrespect the time of your fellow players

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

the fact that developers dont respect your time doesnt mean that YOU should disrespect the time of your fellow players

Doesn't bend the rules. Ask ANet a shorter warm up time. I don't complain when people ditches the cutscenes in instanced content; people are free to use the prematch time as they can. Wan't a more likeable experience? Run custom arenas with friends.

Now overall, I understand feeling annoyed towards your time being wasted. When I’ve got all my build materials ready to roll and I’ve only got a bit of time to play, I want everyone to ready up >:)!But the reality is that the ready up timer is there with good reason. Ex. I usually play w my desktop which loads me in almost instantly, but I do play on my laptop rather often, which is a much slower loading process on the map. When I load in I need to change my traits, skills, etc. depending on the teams. I haven’t spent a ton on gems to have all my templates available, so it’s a manual switch many times. I need that timer sometimes (not always) and I don’t ready up in those scenarios, no matter who yells at me. I’ve got a mate who smokes cigarettes between matches (including lobby time), he readies up as he sees fit. We are talking about 1-2 minutes total.I understand the frustration, but this is more of a pvp community needing to be less toxic truth here. The queue times can be trash and that’s where the real frustration should be directed, not the 1-2 minutes maximum a person can “delay.” I have loved this game and gw1 for years, but (particularly pvp) it’s a ghost town. For those of us left, I wish we could be a little more understanding of people’s time (both ways).