World Linking 1/29/2021

Cal Cohen.2358

• ArenaNet Staff

Here are the worlds for EU:

• Abaddon's Mouth (DE), Miller's Sound (DE)
  • Baruch Bay (SP)
  • Desolation (EN), Arborstone (FR)
  • Drakkar Lake (DE), Kodash (DE)
  • Dzagonur (DE), Blacktide (EN)
  • Elona Reach (DE), Fort Ranik (FR)
  • Far Shiverpeaks (EN), Vizunah Square (FR)
  • Gandara (EN)
  • Jade Sea (FR), Augury Rock (FR)
  • Piken Square (EN), Whiteside Ridge (EN)
  • Ring of Fire (EN), Gunnar's Hold (EN)
  • Riverside (DE), Vabbi (EN)
  • Ruins of Surmia (EN), Aurora Glade (EN)
  • Seafarer's Rest (EN)
  • Underworld (EN), Fissure of Woe (EN)

Here are the worlds for NA:

• Anvil Rock, Ehmry Bay
  • Blackgate, Crystal Desert
  • Dragonbrand, Kaineng
  • Eredon Terrace, Darkhaven
  • Ferguson's Crossing, Sorrow's Furnace
  • Fort Aspenwood, Devona's Rest
  • Henge of Denravi, Borlis Pass
  • Jade Quarry, Gate of Madness
  • Maguuma, Northern Shiverpeaks
  • Sanctum of Rall, Tarnished Coast
  • Sea of Sorrows, Yak's Bend
  • Stormbluff Isle, Isle of Janthir

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. We were always outnumbered by about everyone but the wacky system said we were #1. So let's bully the community until it breaks and everyone leaves for other games. This system does....not.....work. And no, I don't believe alliances would fix anything either. Let's see what remains of the wreckage.

@hunkamania.7561 said:what's the point of doing this if everyone just moves right after? lol

Exactly.

At least at the start of the link process they didn’t announce it until reset actually happened.

It at least prevented people that transferred from getting pips for at least 13 days from the start of the relink.

But now, we let people know before the links take place.

That being said, it likely leads to more transfers...

Especially for EU Server:In my opinion - linking servers that speak manifestly different languages is a disadvantage to both.There are misunderstandings and occasional condescending remarks in the chat.In other words, opposing linked servers that speak the same language have an advantage,because they can communicate in their national language and thus act faster and they will hardly talk at cross purposes.

e.g. english / german :ac = arrow cart ≙ pw = Pfeilwagennc = north camp ≙ nl = Nordlagergarri = Garrison ≙ mf = Mittelfestung (middle keep)Short use of a siege weapon to reset the timer = to tick ≙ tab / tabben (derived from tabulator)... and not everyone has a good command of English.

Another disadvantage for all servers is when an ally becomes an opponent and people still have login details to the TS3 server.

@"ReVanChe.9271" said:Especially for EU Server:In my opinion - linking servers that speak manifestly different languages is a disadvantage to both.There are misunderstandings and occasional condescending remarks in the chat.In other words, opposing linked servers that speak the same language have an advantage,because they can communicate in their national language and thus act faster and they will hardly talk at cross purposes.

e.g. english / german :ac = arrow cart ≙ pw = Pfeilwagennc = north camp ≙ nl = Nordlagergarri = Garrison ≙ mf = Mittelfestung (middle keep)Short use of a siege weapon to reset the timer = to tick ≙ tab / tabben (derived from tabulator)... and not everyone has a good command of English.

Another disadvantage for all servers is when an ally becomes an opponent and people still have login details to the TS3 server.

as native austrian, i gotta say that my game is in english and i only communicate in english there. i'd absolutely not want to be linked with a german server either ... the names in german always weird me out a bit, since they're kinda germany-variant german.btw we call it actually just "refeshing siege", sometimes it's just plainly forgotten either way. and siege does not win battles, players that know what they do win battles.

also, not everyone uses teamspeak. most here prefer discord, including myself - while i think the server has a teamspeak... but why using that if u can just go discord, way more easy.

but yeah, it is kinda problem. since we have the 2nd time a french link, and french are rather unwilling to even talk english in most cases. we learnt some words and codes yet, but just linking the objectives is more easy. it sucks bc regularly half of the maps does not really respond to stuff people type, and u cannot even know if it maybe just is bc they didn't understand the call/s.

as for voiced leading, it's sorta possible to guess what comms want by just listing to the melody of speech... but not if u have not yet quite some experience on group movement and dodge timings. and you'll still die more often than if you'd understand all calls.

the problem u think language causes is simply the lacking experience of way too many players on many servers. they feel objectives and keeping them is the magnus opum.... and then once a experienced lead is not available, the battles result in big chaos.

but overall, the issue is that people don't organize themselves enough. wvw-guilds need to get more important. that's what Alliances did promise. another relink, again it shows that the link system just slowly poisons the veins of this great and unique format.

Well ... it could be worse. Imagine a German and French sever linked together ... less likely that one of them speaks the other language. (Cause both are harder to learn then English.)

I'm also German. And I play on an English server. (I prefer the international community.) Have the client set to English as well. Makes it easier to google stuff and to find infos in the wiki cause The English one offers more/faster information.

Some translations really seem weird. I always wondered about "mf". (I noticed they meant the garrison and thought they meant mystic forge cause in the borderlands afaik there is a mystic forge there.) How the hell do you say "Mittelfestung" and not "Garnison" as German word for garrison? Is it really translated like this by ArenaNet or did some people make this just up?

Back then 10-20 years everything was different ha ha. In the latest MMORPGs (back then WoW) even the German people learned the English terms from playing the betas (that were only English). I think nowadays we still have German people that use words like "rez" or "res" (english abbreviation for ressurect) even when using the client in German and using German for most other stuff. Instead of making an own abbreviation for the German terms.

Luckily for waypoints and poi we can link them in chat.

Problem with TeamSpeak and relinking: The server admins should change access data (passwords) regularly. (Like every relink.) Still won't prevent the usual spies with their secondary accounts.