Make blindness work on Dragon's Maw or reveal DH when placing next trap

Disney.7826

DH would have to watch for blindness on himself, what makes this build less braindead. (I mean if blindness is applied on DH when someone steps in Dragon's Maw then that trap doesnt work.)

Trapper rune is the only sustain on dh except f3, so the rune shouldnt be destroyed.

Another more realistic option is to reveal dh after placing trap while invisible even if enemy doesnt trigger with it.

@bethekey.8314 said:Only noobs have trouble with Dragon's Maw and would complain about it on the PvP forums. I play PvP at the highest level and never see anyone have trouble.

I never really fall for the trap but seeing 3 teammates dying in 0.018373sec is kekw (in ranked).

• since trapper rune is nerfed 99.99%, im giving better option, so we dont destroy trapper ranger with removing the rune

@bethekey.8314 said:Only noobs have trouble with Dragon's Maw and would complain about it on the PvP forums. I play PvP at the highest level and never see anyone have trouble.

I mean take the dragons maw + sword 2 while in stealth, it will pop right on you and unless you have really good reaction time or can pay attention to every small detail you will get caught by it, being good or bad doesnt matter as much since anyone can and will be stuck in it, just happens to worse players more often.

@Curennos.9307 said:I'd rather they add a little more...What to call it, variety? Depth? To the setup. Traps as a concept are all well and good, but maybe it isn't a good idea to have a trap with such narrow counters.

Stability, blocks, ports out, invul. Does not seem narrow at all to counter it .. just saying if you get stuck on it with 0 cooldows yes i see how you can die to it but thats not dm fault.

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

@Curennos.9307 said:I'd rather they add a little more...What to call it, variety? Depth? To the setup. Traps as a concept are all well and good, but maybe it isn't a good idea to have a trap with such narrow counters.

Stability, blocks, ports out, invul. Does not seem narrow at all to counter it .. just saying if you get stuck on it with 0 cooldows yes i see how you can die to it but thats not dm fault.

Stab - yes, after Anet has stripped down stab access across the board.

Blocks - iirc this doesn't work? It'll knock you back into it similar to how dodging into the barrier will bounce you off. I've tried this multiple times (as a warr with shield5, most recently) and it has never worked if I try it after the trap has procced. I can still get yoinked into it too due to the unblockable spear.

Ports - GW2 has some issues where even if you port, it still considers you as having 'passed through'. They do work but it can be very wonky.

Invul - yes.

I'm not here to debate semantics and the nature of language and humanity. You're welcome to disagree with my word choice.

The issue is that trap stacking eliminates each others' counters (and the design of Maw negates other things - like as the OP mentions, blind) and the stuff that is available is either rare or self-defeating (ex: yes, I can certainly evade across a node to proc all the traps. And then I can't stand on it for a while, and the CD of said traps likely is already down or close to it so it happens again in short order. What is the point of this). Individually I find the traps fine, but stacked together it gets ridiculous. And then there're the slows, so anything you do is extremely vulnerable to everything ever.

Just...consider this. There's a Maw trap you have to get out of. You're slowed and you're taking damage from the spinny thing. Sure, fine - on my warr I'll use Stomp, no big deal. But I'm slowed, so it takes a bit and I'll take a decent chunk of damage regardless. But wait, there's another trap that damages me if I leave its circumference - which is fine, but there's still the spinny one that is gonna hit me if I stay in there. And then there's an unblockable spear that can yoink me back into it (the yoink goes through dodge, too).

All of these things are fine alone - trap that damages you if you cross it? Okay, dont' cross it. It has a pretty decent radius. Or there's a trap that damages you if you stay inside it and you can just walk/dodge out. But then, and then, etcetc - and then comes the part where the goal of the entire mode is to capture a point. Do you see how all of these things have conflicting counters? Are there counters? Yes. But they're totally inadequate, conflicting, convoluted...however you would like to describe them.

@Curennos.9307 said:

Blocks - iirc this doesn't work? It'll knock you back into it similar to how dodging into the barrier will bounce you off. I've tried this multiple times (as a warr with shield5, most recently) and it has never worked if I try it after the trap has procced. I can still get yoinked into it too due to the unblockable spear.

Ports - GW2 has some issues where even if you port, it still considers you as having 'passed through'. They do work but it can be very wonky.

Invul - yes.

I'm not here to debate semantics and the nature of language and humanity. You're welcome to disagree with my word choice.

The issue is that trap stacking eliminates each others' counters (and the design of Maw negates other things - like as the OP mentions, blind) and the stuff that is available is either rare or self-defeating (ex: yes, I can certainly evade across a node to proc all the traps. And then I can't stand on it for a while, and the CD of said traps likely is already down or close to it so it happens again in short order. What is the point of this). Individually I find the traps fine, but stacked together it gets ridiculous. And then there're the slows, so anything you do is extremely vulnerable to everything ever.

Just...consider this. There's a Maw trap you have to get out of. You're slowed and you're taking damage from the spinny thing. Sure, fine - on my warr I'll use Stomp, no big deal. But I'm slowed, so it takes a bit and I'll take a decent chunk of damage regardless. But wait, there's another trap that damages me if I leave its circumference - which is fine, but there's still the spinny one that is gonna hit me if I stay in there. And then there's an unblockable spear that can yoink me back into it (the yoink goes through dodge, too).

All of these things are fine alone - trap that damages you if you cross it? Okay, dont' cross it. It has a pretty decent radius. Or there's a trap that damages you if you stay inside it and you can just walk/dodge out. But then, and then, etcetc - and then comes the part where the goal of the entire mode is to capture a point. Do you see how all of these things have conflicting counters? Are there counters? Yes. But they're totally inadequate, conflicting, convoluted...however you would like to describe them.

I have no problems on thief porting out on guard using stab or blocks to get out, mesmer same thing invul or port, same with warrior block and stab to get out, same with all clases.Traps are ment to be stack at least on dh maws deals no damage heals deals no damage same as the one that reveals, dh has 2 “big” damage traps that are supposed to be staked.

On the part of teleport is true theres some weird terrain that sometimes does not let you port out,The dh pulling you back... then he loses his dps until the spears recharge again, there is in reality no problem on how dh works its just that burning is too strong of a condition, also the dh build is a meme it has no stunbreaks, is weak to range and condis, lacks good sustain. On other topic trappers runes is what is making this trash build busted, it gives the dh mobility and a disengage option that is supposed not to be there.

@Curennos.9307 said:

Invul - yes.

You keep talking about spear.

I don't think you have even the tiniest understanding of what it is you're complaining about.

Burn DH will not use spear to pull into traps, because then it loses all pressure from VoJ. If you're against a burn DH, the BEST THING that can happen to you is that it uses spear. It's literally the DH giving you a free win and going "hey, guess I won't do any damage for the next 20 seconds".

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Invul - yes.

I don't think you have even the tiniest understanding of what it is you're complaining about.

Burn DH will not use spear to pull into traps, because then it loses all pressure from VoJ. If you're against a burn DH, the BEST THING that can happen to you is that it uses spear. It's literally the DH giving you a free win and going "hey, guess I won't do any damage for the next 20 seconds".

I'm explaining how the mechanics can stack and create convoluted counters resulting in unfun gameplay. Not being paid to read things to you, but you can copy/paste things into google for some help if you need it.

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

Invul - yes.

I have no problems on thief porting out on guard using stab or blocks to get out, mesmer same thing invul or port, same with warrior block and stab to get out, same with all clases.Traps are ment to be stack at least on dh maws deals no damage heals deals no damage same as the one that reveals, dh has 2 “big” damage traps that are supposed to be staked.

On the part of teleport is true theres some weird terrain that sometimes does not let you port out,The dh pulling you back... then he loses his dps until the spears recharge again, there is in reality no problem on how dh works its just that burning is too strong of a condition, also the dh build is a meme it has no stunbreaks, is weak to range and condis, lacks good sustain. On other topic trappers runes is what is making this trash build busted, it gives the dh mobility and a disengage option that is supposed not to be there.

My ports are successful, just disturbingly often I end up taking the CC/damage anyway. Anyway. Well aware of how much of a meme it is - doesn't mean I can't point out bad designs, though I'd be fine with it if they just did something with trapper runes and left it at that.

@Curennos.9307 said:

Invul - yes.

I'm explaining how the mechanics can stack and create convoluted counters resulting in unfun gameplay. Not being paid to read things to you, but you can copy/paste things into google for some help if you need it.

Nope, sorry, your "counters" only make sense if you're imagining some magical DH build that is somehow both simultaneously a power build (the references you make to the damage from Test of Faith) and a condi-build. A magical build that is somehow able to use spear, and also retain VoJ damage.

All while ignoring the most obvious counter, which is that if a DH blows its entire utility bar to make a point un-contestable for 3 seconds, then the DH has made itself super vulnerable to any pressure outside of those 3 seconds.

If a necro uses all its utilities on Wells, then you can't go on point when it drops them all. Does that mean necro wells are OP? Or does it mean you are expected to be able to apply the 3 brain cells it takes to not stand on point for that short duration, and then punish the necro afterwards for having 0 sustain utility?

Just imagine it was a PvE boss. Every 20 seconds, for a period of 3 seconds, it farts out massive damage in its immediate vicinity. Even PvE players can grasp the concept of "don't be near the boss when the big damage is happening". Although I guess they did have to make the PvE boss damage fields ultra-bright in order for people to understand something so basic.

Just earlier today, someone whispered me saying they would totally have won if I hadn't been able to cover my heal with stability.

And I was like...... 'but my build doesn't have any stability'. Literally 0 stability.

People just assume that any guardian build must have the features of EVERY guardian build. It's a guardian, so, it must have stability right?

I also frequently get whispers complaining about burning..... when I'm playing zerker. It's a guardian, so it must do big burns right?

No ability to consider that, actually, not every build is able to simultaneously have every possible feature of a class.

I will say it again very slowly: If the DH is playing a burn build, then it can't also be doing big power damage, and it can't use Spear. And if it has a full utility bar of traps, then it can't also have stunbreaks, stability, cleanses, invulns etc.

@Ragnar.4257 said:Just earlier today, someone whispered me saying they would totally have won if I hadn't been able to cover my heal with stability.

And I was like...... 'but my build doesn't have any stability'. Literally 0 stability.

People just assume that any guardian build must have the features of EVERY guardian build. It's a guardian, so, it must have stability right?

I also frequently get whispers complaining about burning..... when I'm playing zerker. It's a guardian, so it must do big burns right?

No ability to consider that, actually, not every build is able to simultaneously have every possible feature of a class.

I will say it again very slowly: If the DH is playing a burn build, then it can't also be doing big power damage, and it can't use Spear. And if it has a full utility bar of traps, then it can't also have stunbreaks, stability, cleanses, invulns etc.

Oh yeah no stunbreaks.

Good luck finding the damn dh though, the guy is invisible and traps reload very fast

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Invul - yes.

Nope, sorry, your "counters" only make sense if you're imagining some magical DH build that is somehow both simultaneously a power build (the references you make to the damage from Test of Faith) and a condi-build. A magical build that is somehow able to use spear, and also retain VoJ damage.

All while ignoring the most obvious counter, which is that if a DH blows its entire utility bar to make a point un-contestable for 3 seconds, then the DH has made itself super vulnerable to any pressure outside of those 3 seconds.

If a necro uses all its utilities on Wells, then you can't go on point when it drops them all. Does that mean necro wells are OP? Or does it mean you are expected to be able to apply the 3 brain cells it takes to not stand on point for that short duration, and then punish the necro afterwards for having 0 sustain utility?

Just imagine it was a PvE boss. Every 20 seconds, for a period of 3 seconds, it farts out massive damage in its immediate vicinity. Even PvE players can grasp the concept of "don't be near the boss when the big damage is happening". Although I guess they did have to make the PvE boss damage fields ultra-bright in order for people to understand something so basic.

This resumes it all.

If you want the builds to be less braindead remove or rework rune of the trapper its the real thing that makes the build braindead. If you can add stealth to any class on utility useage you would find that any of them would become much harder to defeat simply because the stealth mechanic provides such a large advantage without enough tools that properly counterplay it without having to put a special skill on your bar or you traits that would do it.

@"Virdo.1540" said:they just need to rework the whole stealth &Reveal system.

Underrated comment.

I think they should implement a "Stealth" and "True Stealth" split."Stealth" usually comes from places like Runes, Combo Finishers, Traits, and can stack but dispelled immediately upon being hit in anyway or Revealed in any way."True Stealth" usually comes from Cooldown based UTILITY skills and is immune to Revealed, Marked or any sort revealing mechanic, however they only last the duration stated in the tooltip and is non stackable.

This will put more power into active Stealth which require cooldowns to play around, and stomp down any "cheap" Stealth applications or Stealth which don't naturally occur in a Profession's kit.

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

stability works.invuln worksblock does not work, you get cced back into the trapteleports kind of work, you do teleport but when teleport ends you still get knocked down.As a mesmer I never really gave a fuck cuz I had jaunt/blink and F4, but when I started playing ranger its fucking awfull.god forbids you dont have 100% cooldowns else you dead from full hp, no counterplay.like the only thing you can do is dodge out, and use stun-break during knockdown animation, and hope to gods that the trap bugs and lets you out, otherwise you die from full hp

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

stability works.invuln worksblock does not work, you get cced back into the trapteleports kind of work, you do teleport but when teleport ends you still get knocked down.As a mesmer I never really gave a kitten cuz I had jaunt/blink and F4, but when I started playing ranger its kitten awfull.god forbids you dont have 100% cooldowns else you dead from full hp, no counterplay.like the only thing you can do is dodge out, and use stun-break during knockdown animation, and hope to gods that the trap bugs and lets you out, otherwise you die from full hp

By blocking they mean to just stand and block during the duration of the trap instead of trying to escape it. Only thing that will hurt you if you're blocking is crossing ToF, torch 4 which is risky to run anyway because it makes them even squishier, and F1, which the DH shouldn't do anyway, especially if you're caught in the trap already.