Ice Brood Saga - what am I missing?

kaya.1902

I've recently come back to GuildWars after several years and I bought the Standard expansion pack a few months ago and on the listing, it included HoT, Path of Fire and Icebrood Saga.I've just finished both HoT and Path of Fire, but when I go to start Icebrood Saga, the whole thing is locked except for the last chapter (Champions)?

What am I missing here?

If you hover over the list of things included, this is what is shown for Icebrood Saga

Owners of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire can play new Living World episodes as soon as they’re live. Upgrade your account now and play the latest episode of our all-new Living World story, the Icebrood Saga, today.*

@kaya.1902 said:I've recently come back to GuildWars after several years and I bought the Standard expansion pack a few months ago and on the listing, it included HoT, Path of Fire and Icebrood Saga.I've just finished both HoT and Path of Fire, but when I go to start Icebrood Saga, the whole thing is locked except for the last chapter (Champions)?

What am I missing here?

If you read the fine print it only includes the currently active episode .EditIf you hold over or click icebrood saga you see this.

Owners of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire can play new Living World episodes as soon as they’re live. Upgrade your account now and play the latest episode of our all-new Living World story, the Icebrood Saga, today.*

You can purchase complete packs of previous Living World Seasons (Seasons 2, 3 and 4) in the Gem Store.You can purchase individual episodes of Icebrood Saga (or the other Living World Seasons, but at a higher price) via the Hero Panel in the Story Journal tab.You can convert (in-game) Gold to Gems for these purchases, should you so desire.

Welcome return.

Simply put:

The expansion purchase unlocks just that: the expansions, in this case HoT and PoF.

Living world or in this recent case Living Saga are in essence mini DLCs which are unlocked free of charge to all players who log in 1nce while any episode is active. Sort of as a free gift for playing the game or at the very least following it. Otherwise they cost 200 gems each, significantly reduced when buying the complete packs.

I will agree that the wording on playing the latest episode of the Icebrood Saga can be misleading.

You get the right to play Icebrood Saga, you don't automatically get Icebrood Saga itself. What it means is you can buy it for in-game gold instead of real money, and login every so often to get all future episodes for free.

You can play the current episode of Icebrood Saga as well as the next one when it drops in a few months, and so on. But if you want to play past content like the previous episodes of the older Living World seasons that took place between expansions, you have to either farm gold (not very difficult) or buy them with real money if you're the type of person who doesn't have alot of time to spare.

@"kaya.1902" said:Thank you everybody for clarifying!

If you read (see link down) here you will get a better overview of Living Story/World and what it contains as for story and mechanic when you do achievement that are in your Hero Panel. There are two section you have to look at there: one for story and one for achievement which is divided in categories.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World

Always buy episodes you lack from Gem Store as it cheaper then directly from Hero Panels Story section.

LW/LS achievement will reward you with some ascended items and from PoF also larger Bag Slot (for inventory) that you can craft when you finish all story and achievement steps. (Achievement are account wide so you only get one item or Bag Slot this way, but can use which ever character to progress if you get stuck in progressing your story/achievement, in case you play mostly solo story.)