Please Areanet, Fix the Mesmer !

Guilan.5760

I think the Mesmer is the most original and interesting class I have ever seen in any video game.The work behind it is truly inspired and the result is perfect.Bravo to the minds behind this, in my humble opinion, masterpiece of a class.

That being said, I'm so sad that it is almost completely out of the meta for WvW and for PvP.The nerf it got that removed his endurance was certainly needed, but it killed it.You guys did this to solve a problem I guess, but it created an new one, Mirage is completely dead in WvW and PvP.Please find another way to adress the same problem. A "one dodge only" has killed the class.

I think you should eventually give it back and find another good and fair way to nerf him.Of course when a class is too strong people will react strongly and you have to do something rather quickly, but now the class is dead and you can take your time to bring it back maybe ?Having 2 dodges is too important to the general mechanic and gameplay of every class. It is part of the things that are so fondamental that you cannot remove it. This nerf prooved it. Give 100 endurance back when you found a real way to nerf the mirage without killing it. Take your time but please do it !!

Are you guys maybe already working on that ? Can you give us a hint if that is a thing, or if at the moment Mesmer Mirage is satying on the bench for a long time ?I sure hope the team is working on something cause Its a shame to leave such a nice class behind !

Have a good day everyone !

Keep one dodge but make the Mirage Cloak last twice the time.

As for WvW, my suggestion for a traitline change:

Replace either Mental Anguish or Master of Fragmentation (both can be recycled to replace useless traits like Escape Artist) to a new trait: Web of Disruption

Each time you would summon a clone, instead you gain a charge of "energy" (bit similar to how warriors generate adrenaline). Your shatter skills become AoE skills (like necro shades). The shatter effect happens at your and the target location. So you could actually spike in WvW with F1-F3. F4 Aoe would give 5 allies distortion for 1 second (useful on spikes, melee bomb etc). Continuum Split would be the same for chronos.

So mesmers would be more useful in blob fights because in blob fights the mesmer profession mechanic is almost completely useless.

@Tseison.4659 said:

@Kencu.5846 said:~~ Keep one dodge but make the Mirage Cloak last twice the time.~~Return our dodge. Fixed.

It really wasn't overpowered in the first place and is the core gameplay mechanic of all professions that the entire game is balanced around.I don't get why people seem to think we need some tradeoff if we want our dodge back!We should have the dodge like everyone else! If mirage cloak or ambush skills are broken, then just kitten fix those and don't mess with core mechanics because it's now so jarring to play Mirage that i totally stopped playing it even in PvE where i have 2 dodges.

@Guilan.5760 said:I say give back the 2nd dodge but put a small cooldown on ambush skills.

Then to make the clones more usable in WvW, have a trait or a rune maybe, that can give them something like aegis or some evasion when they go shatter themsleves on a target.

The only thing that will fix clones and phantasms in WvW is to make them invulnerable, targetable but on a timer, so if you don't use them, you lose them. So that they can't be abused for unavoidable damage or condi applications. Get 3 clones out then shatter them.

Next, they need to be independent of the target always. There is no reason for them to disappear with the target, especially if they're on a timer. If the target dies, you just target someone else and shatter them or whatever.

Finally, if phantasms are ever going to be reliable they need to work kind of like Renegade summons. When you cast a phantasm, you get a targeting thing where you want to put it, then after it summons, it attacks your current target or they all hafve AOEs that you yourself also target in a direction or the AOE is around them.

@Guilan.5760 said:I say give back the 2nd dodge but put a small cooldown on ambush skills.

Then to make the clones more usable in WvW, have a trait or a rune maybe, that can give them something like aegis or some evasion when they go shatter themsleves on a target.

They have aegis on Inspiration line. Does it help? No. They die in the 2. hit, which happens 0.00001 seconds after the first. This is the same problem with every AI stuff like minions, pets, clones, turrets, renegade summons. They are completely useless in a coordinated zerg v zerg when the enemy team uses proper meta classes.

I'm not suggesting to give back the second dodge not because I don't want it but simply because it's highly unlikely that Anet is gonna do it.

Well, When I said "something like aegis" I truly meant something better then aegis, I didnt want to say invulnerable but something like that.Or like when you dodge they get invulnerable for X seconds. Anything they can get creative all they want cause we need at least "something".

And I think it might happen, because they worked their ass to give us a nice elite spec like mirage and now it's garbage. If Anet is revered for making a balanced game, then they cant just nerf things down to oblivion, they also need to buff when its needed.

@Veprovina.4876 said:It really wasn't overpowered in the first place and is the core gameplay mechanic of all professions that the entire game is balanced around.

This up here. They can't leave it like that, someday someone has to realise how unfair to the Mesmer players that is. Just kitten find some NOT LAZY way to nerf it and give the kitten dodge back. God their kitten thing is working, i'm writting kitten myself now every kitten time XD

@"Guilan.5760" said:I say give back the 2nd dodge but put a small cooldown on ambush skills.

Thats what IH and 2 dodges basically gave us. IH lets the clones get an evade frame from picking up MC . IH has no cool-down which allowed for people to attack after being CCed and with energy sigil swap weapons and chain a few "dodges" to get a burst with IH+ambush+3 clones. People bitched to high heaven about it till we lose the dodge. Most people agree a short cool-down on IH would have solved the issue while still allowing 2 dodges and proper function on Mirage in pvp/wvw

@Moradorin.6217 said:As I recall, people didn't like it when Mirage could time its skills to chain blocks, evade utiliies, dodge evades, and distortions. Well timed play could make it pretty hard to damage. That said, it always has solid counters when facing skilled opponents.

I'm sure people didn't like it. I still think that a small cooldown on Infinite Horizon would solve everything, right ? I mean, it would make it so that Mirage still would have a pretty good evade rate if played well, but not to the point of being OP, (I mean they gave mirage a special dodge for kitten's sake, it is SUPPOSED to be it's strengh, now it's a weakness !) and it would also prevent it from stacking condi damage too much with nothing but an ambush skill and clones.

Really, small cool down on IH is the way to go.

@Moradorin.6217 said:As I recall, people didn't like it when Mirage could time its skills to chain blocks, evade utiliies, dodge evades, and distortions. Well timed play could make it pretty hard to damage. That said, it always has solid counters when facing skilled opponents.

Yet permaevade Daredevil with 3 base dodges is perfectly fine and doesn't need a nerf.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Yet permaevade Daredevil with 3 base dodges is perfectly fine and doesn't need a nerf.

Hehe Sadly, Mes cant have nice things )

@Guilan.5760 said:

I'm sure people didn't like it. I still think that a small cooldown on Infinite Horizon would solve everything, right ? I mean, it would make it so that Mirage still would have a pretty good evade rate if played well, but not to the point of being OP, (I mean they gave mirage a special dodge for kitten's sake, it is SUPPOSED to be it's strengh, now it's a weakness !) and it would also prevent it from stacking condi damage too much with nothing but an ambush skill and clones.

Yea or a small cooldown on ambush attacks would have made allot more sense than removal of one dodge.

@Moradorin.6217 said:

Hehe Sadly, Mes cant have nice things )

Is what's happening to Mesmers considered abuse lol? :tongue:I never understood how Anet can treat their most unique profession like that...

@Moradorin.6217 said:

Yea or a small cooldown on ambush attacks would have made allot more sense than removal of one dodge.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:to fix IH they could have easily make all clones dodge, but have only 1 clone do the ambush attack, whoosh suddenly its "50% dmg nerf" and you can still both shatter and ambush play to have interesting builds. but we cant have nice things.

Yeah, but that would have required you know... Thinking and work... That's hard, remove dodge is brainless and fast. :rage:

@Raffrey.5271 said:There was once I wanted to play mirage in wvw, quit in a heartbeat the moment I realize the one dodge thing.

I used to play Mirage roamer in WvW. It was so good! Wasn't top tier or anything, but i managed to kill people and both get killed by people when playing, so it worked and was fun to play. Then i went on a long hiatus and when i got back i thought i'd jump into WvW and roam again. That dodge thing is SO clunky, you can't escape anyone's AOE, you just have to tank the damage or slot 3 mobility skills just to get by...

It's a shame, it was so fun to roam as a mirage, and i saw a lot of mirages roam as well, both power and condi at that time. Now all i see are Chronomancer supports.

@Woltarion.6829 said:

@Every day pon.5386 said:Who is to know if the profession will be updated by Mesmer players? The profession runs the risk of being worse off after another haphazard revision, so maybe the profession is safer & better off forgotten ?‍
♀️

How could Mesmer become worse ? We just want our second dodge back

we just want a CORE mechanic back

@Salt Mode.3780 said:and even then chronomancer supports cannot compare to how awesome it was when mesmer glamour ment something way back pre expanc

I know right? Especially because Null Field, the skill mesmer supports are kinda built around (if you want to boonstrip), can be blocked.It's the only boonstrip that can be blocked btw, all the other professions get to have their boonstrips uninterrupted, but not ours, cause screw Mesmers, we're OP witho our buggy skills, inconsistent profession mechanic and 2 dodges apparently... So why not just gimp us more with being unable to boonstrip like everyone else.

Makes me mad sometimes...

@Every day pon.5386 said:Who is to know if the profession will be updated by Mesmer players? The profession runs the risk of being worse off after another haphazard revision, so maybe the profession is safer & better off forgotten ?‍♀️

We want the second dodge back on the mirage and consistent skills and profession mechanic. How will that be worse?If i press a button and nothing happens - but the skill goes on full cooldown - that's where we're at right now, it won't be worse if i press a button and i can actually use my skill like every other profession. Imagine if firebrands F skills don't work, or they work but then immediately are rendered useless after the skill cast like we have to deal with our clones. Imagine the outrage. Why is there no outrage for Mesmers then? Why do we have to deal with that while every other professions has a profession mechanic that just works?

I want to throw my voice in as well. Going from PvE content to PvP content for dailies is incredibly jarring to lose one of the core, vital features that have been in the game for every class since day one. As a long time mesmer, please bring back out second dodge. Every class has a way it can be broken, meta revolves about finding that, but the one dodge nerf was too far. You took a core feature and removed it. Essentially isolating mesmer as a class, as no other class is punished by a core feature removal if you want to play with the elite specs.

• Like 1