No Inquest base in Jormag territory?

hugo.4705

Zhaithan: Bases in malchor leap, base in ruined city of arah, successfuly took control of risens (dominated risens)

Mordremoth: Remnant of an exploration in dragon stand. (Rata novan golems stolen are found in sandswept, invariant enclave)Technically, many labs in brisban and metrica but no hints it is working on mordrems.Technically, have seen mordrems. Don't forget bases in dry top. With so, accessible mordrems.

Primordius: Harvest destroyers essences and drive weakened destroyers in mount maelstrom.Several bases around, the crucible, one testing a cannon and one collecting destroyer essence. A mysterious krewe 7 underwater with no infos about what they are doing.

Kralkatorrik: Capture branded and test subjects in desert highlands to send them to sandswept. Controlled branded wyvern and controlled branded forgotten priests for hive mind capacities. A lab in charr territory near the scar.

Deep Sea Dragon: Successfuly captured a big specimen, no more infos, no image of it. Maybe, aquabases in unending ocean.

Jormag: Created a strong jormag related subject in the crucible, have captured icebrood quaggans, but no clear base locations explaining it. Also specimen chamber featuring jormag foe, no idea from where it come.

So yup, I'm disturbed to not see a single lab in the north. They manage to always have a lab near the dragon minions. Sorrow Embrace don't really count as jormag related, more primordius, because a lane end with a "gifted" strong destroyer of world. Not asking for megabase, but there isn't even a single exploration camp.

No, don't justify it by "they got a whisper of not adding a base" it is grotesque at this point.

A fair observation. There’s a few explainable possibilities ;

• we don’t see all of the Shiverpeaks
  • The theme is used enough elsewhere the devs prob didn’t want to overuse them further
  • The devs likely wanted to keep the Shiverpeaks’ theme as a more spiritual wilderness and prob felt adding in visible sci fi areas took away from that feel

Maybe Asura can't tolerate cold?

We have an inkling that the Inquest infiltrated Rata Novis after HoT to discover Rata Primus. Plus, it's not like the mordrem disappeared after HoT, so they probably built more bases. Plus, you can see Rata Sum from Dragons Stand, so it's not particuarly far to get samples.

The Inquest seem to love building generalised "dragon labs". Even back in the Crucible of Eternity, they studied all of the Dragons corruption and the effects of multiple corruption at once. This included Jormag, though I don't think they conceptualised Mordrem back in 2012.

@Randulf.7614 said:A fair observation. There’s a few explainable possibilities ;

• The theme is used enough elsewhere the devs prob didn’t want to overuse them further
  • The devs likely wanted to keep the Shiverpeaks’ theme as a more spiritual wilderness and prob felt adding in visible sci fi areas took away from that feel

I think you got it all right, we haven’t seen much of the far shiverpeaks at all but I think for the other reasons you gave anet wouldn’t make the decision to add inquest out there. They’re also hard to survive in due to Jormag, enough to push even the norn out. I know the inquest are kinda famous for being able to set up bases in supposedly inaccessible regions, but still.

We’ve also seen from the fact they have icebrood in the crucible and their appearances in maps like Snowden Drifts (for the ley energy events during season 3) that they’re capable of making expeditions into the shiverpeaks.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:A fair observation. There’s a few explainable possibilities ;

I think you got it all right, we haven’t seen much of the far shiverpeaks at all but I think for the other reasons you gave anet wouldn’t make the decision to add inquest out there. They’re also hard to survive in due to Jormag, enough to push even the norn out. I know the inquest are kinda famous for being able to set up bases in supposedly inaccessible regions, but still.

We’ve also seen from the fact they have icebrood in the crucible and their appearances in maps like Snowden Drifts (for the ley energy events during season 3) that they’re capable of making expeditions into the shiverpeaks.

To add to the list of arguments, there is an inquest base in Sorrow's embrace, which is in the shiverpeaks. There is a presence of Jormag in Dredgehaunt cliffs. As I recall correctly this was stronger about 6 years before the original game (in Edge of Destiny, Jormag's champion was present at the gates of Hoelbrak. If I'm correct this is at Talecrafting Steading).

There probably isn't much of a Lore reason imo, its likely either (as already mentioned) not wanting to over use the Inquest, an oversight where they forgot to put in the Inquest, or they just don't have room in the narrative for them currently.
But if your really need a lore reason I suppose that perhaps after the loss of Rata Primus , who knows how many Inquest turning into Awakened by Joko, as well as multiple major and minor defeats by the players base and the main cast over the years that maybe the Inquest is circling the wagons right now and sitting this one out while they recuperate.