Guild Halls 2021 Update [Request]

hugo.4705

This year is coming the third expansion, End Of Dragons, and with it maybe new guild halls (Echovald forest, Jade Sea...) and it would actually be nice to have additions to guild halls. Along the episodes, we have new decorations to put in, but it is nothing compared to eye of the north that is so upgraded right now that it feels like a lounge, why buying lounge anymore? On the contrary, guild halls are put aside, and feel old and clunky whereas it is possible to revitalize them:

1- (Edited, replaced) Clearing decos recipes to be more straight and easy. Think as example of plants where each time you have to re-use a ceramic and the previous same plant "version".Like chairs, instead of upgrading into another chair by using another chair, would better to directly ask only for planks and dowels.

2-Add possibility to add an asura gate leading to major cities, dungeons, raids and fractals. It can be done like Eye of the north, with an NPC selling you the gate links options. Also basic services like banker, trading post.

3-Add crafting stations, same as above, you can have an npc selling them, or as a guild upgrade.

4-Either increase deco limit when it is possible or make us able to shrink/expand deco size. Ability to rotate the deco on the three axis.

5-You can reuse the cut before launch bestiary mechanics to allow us to cartography many animals and npcs around to unlock recipes for npc crafting for scribe. Doesn't necessarely need to expand Scribe to 500, but just adding Npcs as craftable decos to make the hall more living, no need of dialogue, just basic npc standing, stretching sometime, eventually using talk if put near another. Allies or Foes factions but always as pacific npcs. You can states they are illusion or perfected clockworks.

6-More support to help us create activities in our guild hall, we have everything for race making apart checkpoint, boost orb and starting/ending line. I would like to be able to put a jumping puzzle end chest too, you can code it the way, only 5 by guild halls and daily per account. The foes/allies npcs would fill the jp too.

7-More diveristy of decos, half are human easily, I don't find a single asuran asset from metrica province, not a single charr stool, not a single sylvari house....

8-More guild missions and type of mission? With everything that have been added, preventing an awakened invasion, doing a roller beetle race, participate in a certain meta in LS map or doing series of strikes could be missions. Doing a full dungeon run (story + all paths) or a raid could also be mission. Why none related to adventures? Like X numbers need to complete it with gold?

Yes I know it requires a work, yes I know there are many thread about it. But simply can't stay like this 6 more years. Attribute a team to guild hall, hire more, anything.

@hugo.4705 said:1-Add a physical guild tab board in guild hall, with player name written on it and where they are. Would help, you log in, in gh, you have a clear view which one is doing something that may interest you without need of asking in chat. (with sometimes no answers).

I agree with most of your list, but isn't this exactly what the guild menu already does?

In the bottom right section of the first tab I can see the guild roster, showing who is logged in currently, which character they're on and where in the world they are. Right now I can see 2 people in my guild are in Tangled Depths (possibly doing the meta), 3 are in Fractals and one has just gone from Fractals to a Strike Mission while I've been writing this so I guess they're doing dailies.

I don't see the point in going to the guild hall to get the same information, it sounds like it would just be more hassle, especially if I want to check more than one guild.

Most good requests, but I doubt any of them will make a difference. The issue to me is plain and simple.1: To make guilds matter, they should offer something unique that is not available in the game in any other way.2: People dislike stuff being added exclusivly for guilds as people dislike being forced into guilds.

the solution is to understand the problem guilds are experiencing. To me the real issue is that guilds should look at themself to make themself matter. It is what makes a guild succesfull and stand out to the rest of them. Why look at arenanet to make you special and stand out if you fail to do that yourself?

all the things you ask are very good quality of life changes, but I doubt they will contribute to make boring guilds less boring. To have a good guild experience make a good guild.

How to do this? It can be done in various ways, but organising events multiple times per week. Offer fun things to do AND find members that fit the guild and stop trying to make the guild fitting for members who want a sologame with a hall with a few services.

(note to my last remark, unless that is what you want your guild to offer. I am in three guilds made for people who enjoy farming. It has services in the hall optimised for this and resources nodes in different tiers and different halls so together they yield maximum results. This too is a way to attrack players, but they will be farmers who enjoy such a service. They are not there for having a good time, if they would they would not be in those three guilds.)

1 - We already have that, just press G. It's all there. Plus, i don't think features that reduce player communication are really needed, especially since you can just ask people.

2 - Would be cool, yeah.

3 - Yes, i 'd visit the guild hall more often if that was an option!

4 - no opinion

5 - Craftable NPC's? :smile: I mean, yeah, the guild hall is a bit empty, but it's meant to be filled with guild people. And it's empty because no one has the need to go to the guild hall, apart from going to the tavern for a boost, scribing and some other niche stuff, there's nothing to do there... Which is a shame. I wouldn't want enemies in guild halls though, no matter how trashmobby they are, i like my guild halls peaceful. Maybe in the arena, you can order fights, play survival or something like that for fun if you want, also no loot, but maybe 1-10 guild commendation or something a week to make it a guild event.

6 - I made a scavenger hunt in one of my guilds, you follow clues around the guild hall and find the "treasure". Would be nice to put a chest at the end or something, doesn't have to be anything special in there, but like a 1 time award for finding it. So yeah, :+1:

7 - :+1:

8 - Yeah, now that you mention it, there could be more activities.

1.: We could solve this with representing. Just tell our members "If you represent the guild, we assume you are interested in doing stuff with the guild and its members." In that case we could just use the guild-roster. Representing does not have no purpose at all. There are a couple of features which only work that way (e. g. waypoint discounts and claiming objects in WvW).

An alternative option would be that board you suggest, as a guild-only LFG tool. You can mark yourself as "willing to participate with others." People who are in the guildhall and check the board can easily see those people and decide if they want to join their activities or PM them.

A good reason for a guild-only LFG is the situation with Raids, Strike-Missions and DRM right now. New players and non-meta-focused players are recommended to use guilds instead of the LFG anyway. I suggested the opposite strategy for a long time, but I do not mind going the extra mile myself.

2.&3.: With the current EoTN design, this is a serious request. The old excuse, this kind of feature would ruin the convenience-lounges is obsolete. EoTN makes most convenience lounges redundant.

6.:a.) I use the SAB chests and link it with a grave-marker monument. I put a special password in the monument-text, so people have to pm me or post the code on discord to get the reward. It is clunky, it is complicated, but the SAB chests even have opening music ^^.b.) The major problem behind this is: No guild would treat its members so unfair and lock the daily farm-rewards behind custom JPs. All of them would place the chests right next to the gathering nodes.c.) The only option I see as a possibility is a safe-box we can load with own items. And even then, certain individuals would abuse this for off-TP trading :S. Our community sadly is like that. Every mechanic that relies on common sense and good will gets abused, exploited and milked until it gets fixed/removed. /shrug

The other suggestions are fine.

as for op's3) that why they sell the "what cha ma call its" from the gemstore and don't include it in the ghalls. originally they shoulda but they won't now.4) - rotation of decorations on all 3 axis needs to happen yesterday.6) anet needs to add themepark- player created content to the game. either have a portal in cap cities or from ghall that takes you to player created content- races/ tracks in their ghall, jps, w/e. bonus would be having new instanced maps players can create tracks in. clone the decs you have and apply them to these new maps or have everyone have the same set of decs to be used.7) can be applied when they revamp the decoration system for personal housing. Apply all these options there.

@"Veprovina.4876" said:1 - We already have that, just press G. It's all there. Plus, i don't think features that reduce player communication are really needed, especially since you can just ask people.

2 - Would be cool, yeah.

4 - no opinion

5 - Craftable NPC's? :smile: I mean, yeah, the guild hall is a bit empty, but it's meant to be filled with guild people. And it's empty because no one has the need to go to the guild hall, apart from going to the tavern for a boost, scribing and some other niche stuff, there's nothing to do there... Which is a shame. I wouldn't want enemies in guild halls though, no matter how trashmobby they are, i like my guild halls peaceful. Maybe in the arena, you can order fights, play survival or something like that for fun if you want, also no loot, but maybe 1-10 guild commendation or something a week to make it a guild event.

6 - I made a scavenger hunt in one of my guilds, you follow clues around the guild hall and find the "treasure". Would be nice to put a chest at the end or something, doesn't have to be anything special in there, but like a 1 time award for finding it. So yeah, :+1:

Ah my bad, okay so I wasn't clear. 5: All those npcs would be green (allies) by allies or foes I meant you would be able to craft as example quaggans or cow, but also bandits or elementals. No need to clear trash mobs no worries. Edited the point.

@hugo.4705 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:1 - We already have that, just press G. It's all there. Plus, i don't think features that reduce player communication are really needed, especially since you can just ask people.

2 - Would be cool, yeah.

4 - no opinion

Ah my bad, okay so I wasn't clear. 5: All those npcs would be green (allies) by allies or foes I meant you would be able to craft as example quaggans or cow, but also bandits or elementals. No need to clear trash mobs no worries. Edited the point.

Ah! So just whichever mob would be available, but none would actually be hostile? Coold then, thanks for explaining. :smile:Yeah, that would be nice, to populate the guild hall a bit, maybe some birds, some wildlife or whatever just so it doesn't look so dead when you're there.

Still, i find it funny how you would "craft" living beings. What would the ingredients be? :sweat_smile:Maybe if they're holograms that look real or androids with A.I. or something, simulating life but you don't actually have to feed them and stuff... That would maybe make sense. :smile:

@"hugo.4705" said:This year is coming the third expansion, End Of Dragons, and with it maybe new guild halls (Echovald forest, Jade Sea...) and it would actually be nice to have additions to guild halls. Along the episodes, we have new decorations to put in, but it is nothing compared to eye of the north that is so upgraded right now that it feels like a lounge, why buying lounge anymore? On the contrary, guild halls are put aside, and feel old and clunky whereas it is possible to revitalize them:

1- (Edited, replaced) Clearing decos recipes to be more straight and easy. Think as example of plants where each time you have to re-use a ceramic and the previous same plant "version".Like chairs, instead of upgrading into another chair by using another chair, would better to directly ask only for planks and dowels.

2-Add possibility to add an asura gate leading to major cities, dungeons, raids and fractals. It can be done like Eye of the north, with an NPC selling you the gate links options. Also basic services like banker, trading post.

3-Add crafting stations, same as above, you can have an npc selling them, or as a guild upgrade.

4-Either increase deco limit when it is possible or make us able to shrink/expand deco size. Ability to rotate the deco on the three axis.

5-You can reuse the cut before launch bestiary mechanics to allow us to cartography many animals and npcs around to unlock recipes for npc crafting for scribe. Doesn't necessarely need to expand Scribe to 500, but just adding Npcs as craftable decos to make the hall more living, no need of dialogue, just basic npc standing, stretching sometime, eventually using talk if put near another. Allies or Foes factions but always as pacific npcs. You can states they are illusion or perfected clockworks.

6-More support to help us create activities in our guild hall, we have everything for race making apart checkpoint, boost orb and starting/ending line. I would like to be able to put a jumping puzzle end chest too, you can code it the way, only 5 by guild halls and daily per account. The foes/allies npcs would fill the jp too.

7-More diveristy of decos, half are human easily, I don't find a single asuran asset from metrica province, not a single charr stool, not a single sylvari house....

8-More guild missions and type of mission? With everything that have been added, preventing an awakened invasion, doing a roller beetle race, participate in a certain meta in LS map or doing series of strikes could be missions. Doing a full dungeon run (story + all paths) or a raid could also be mission. Why none related to adventures? Like X numbers need to complete it with gold?

Yes I know it requires a work, yes I know there are many thread about it. But simply can't stay like this 6 more years. Attribute a team to guild hall, hire more, anything.

Edited 1. Seems unnecessary, doesn't make the guildhall better. You're creating a permanent item, so some time invested isn't all that bad, theres no need for mass production. It ofcourse would be convenient, not saying it isnt, just not much of an improvement.

1. Personally, simply expanding the guild portal functionality ( extra guild hall updates) would make more sense than having an additional asura gate to be honest. But yes.

2. Would now at least make sense. Also a bank upgrade, everyone uses the scribing station as a bank anyhow. I dont see how this isn't a thing yet.

1. And 7. Are basically the same. There's alot decoration improvements and extra decorations that could be added. It is a big point to improve upon, though, i wonder how much it would improve the guildhall as such. I guess it would improve my time there, but otherwise everyone else in my guild wouldnt really care. The only thing I see as different is in 5, which is collecting NPCs for the the guild hall. Which i think falls more under 6.
  3. Any kind of activity in guildhalls I personally think would need to come with some sort incentive to do so. But the more I think about eye of the north and how that works with starting things like strikes, defense missions and visions of the past, I think giving some of that functionality to guildhalls, would make guildhall much more of a community hub. Like directly starting dungeons or raids, or any of those things I mentioned. Maybe not all, but some of those have public join options, where it definitely doesn't matter where you start from.

I think feeling more connected with your guildmates or simply people you choose to be a guild with is more important than standing in a map where you don't really know anyone or want to talk to anyone anyway. That isnt meaningful as sharing your own clubhouse.

Guildhalls are expensive to build and the members help do that in most cases. All they really get back from that is buffs and harvesting. I chose Lost Precipice due to the fact that we could decorate the housing there. I gave my guild the permissions to decorate and personalize their spaces. They really enjoyed that and there was a lot of creativity going on. Then it was done and the hall capped the 2k deco limit with many areas unfinished. We hold events and parties in our homes which keeps them being useful vs. abandoned. The decos are so limited in this game as well as the space cap of 20 items in x amt of area. This is so frustrating. There are so many amazing decorations that should be available to us. Beautiful sofa's, chairs, (fantastic items that are shown in the Armistice) kitchen items including food, cabinets, trees, flowers, various sizes of paintings that don't cost 25 gold each... the list is endless if one notices their surroundings everywhere in-game. Yet... none of those many items are available. For Lunar New Year... we got exactly one item, the ox. It isn't even able to turn so it faces each other so we can't place it on opposing ends of the arch. I had really hoped we would get the strings of lanterns to hang and the larger lanterns but nope, just an ox. I might add that it is beautifully done and I love it.I know I would be more than willing to spend gems on items if they would just put some in the gem store like everything else in-game that has a gemstone option. High hopes for Cantha... I guess we will see. Final thought... give us a Black Lion trader in the guildhall it is incredibly frustrating to be crafting and having to port out to use the tp every five minutes.

It would be funny to have guild hall invasion as a form of PvP mode.

You could put decorations, before the event start, to obstruct the path of the invaders and they could be destroyable by damage.

Then the objective of the invasion could either be to destroy some structures, capture objectives or kill nearly everyone.

Then, once the invasion end, the guild hall reset as it was before.

Why is your GH in Gilded Hollows, Bartender bar so empty? Maybe put in NPCs the are non interactable so it look like there is some business for the bar? There also too few seats. Makes the bar feels so strange. Maybe could you research how a actual bar should look like. And make it more realistic. There is no waiters, no menus, no fold up boards, no cups, no bear mugs, you get the drift... Awkardly empty it is.....

Hi @"hugo.4705", I bet you remember my mega Guild & Guild Hall improvements topic, since you commented there - I've covered most of your ideas there in my topic, except:5 - that would be kinda cool to have 'guild collection (achievements?)' to unlock some stuff for Scribing. NPCs as 'decoration' could be nice to have as well.6 - Making 'rewards' for JP be tricky part and probably would be 'abused' (like instant gather at starting WP).

And about other points:1 - I agree with removing long-chain-decoration crafting. My idea was to at least disable Assembly Queue waiting time (Decoration crafting should be auto and instant).2 - Asura Gate is not needed - we have Guild Portal, which would work perfectly for it (and possibly could be 'upgraded' to better version to have more destination options by this).3 - Crafting Stations could be holograms like in EotN @ Workshop near Assembly Device.4 - Deco limit raise up - yes. Rotation and scaling could be doable, but requires fiddle with legacy code in hard level. I also would add UI option for players, to set level of details for displayed decorations if ANet want avoid framedrops with decorations overload (for example very low - display 500 nearest decos, low - 1000, medium 1500, high 2000, ultra - no limit).7 - Examples you saw in my topic (also moved them to separate trello board too, except 'cultural' packs as upgrade in GH) :)8 - In my topic I shown some examples for Gliding and Mounts PvE missions, so you can check them. Recently also added ideas for Racetracks for Gliding and Mounts (so you can check my mockups for UIs). Designed idea for "Battleground Mode" (GvG) too (mockups also has been made :P ).

P.S.I hope you don't mind if I add and expand idea of NPCs as decorations in my topic? (I'll credit you on my trello boards! :) )