Signet of the Wild, how were your experiences?

InsaneQR.7412

I wanted to build a hybrid soulbeast and i tried out signet of the wild. I like the passive effect and i like the animation, but the active is very unerwhelming except that it is doing good breakbar dmg.

How were your experience with signet of the wild so far?I personally think that a AoE pull would be very nice on the signet and it would still be in the unique role of a power CC niche.

It's ok?I've been PvE roaming with it on my Sw/W - LB power SB. The extra 12% crit damage is nice for my fury focused build.As you say though, the active is...lame. I've had SotW on my bar almost since PoF came out and I don't think I've ever actually cast it.That slot will be the first one I switch if I need something specific. And if I actually need Immobilize, I'll take Muddy Terrain instead. Ranged, targeted, faster recharge, cripple and slow, there's no comparison.So yeah.A pull would be nice with this signet. Imagine pulling 5 targets to you, proc Twice as Vicious, into Worldly Impact? Beautiful ;_;

Passive is solid. Active, not so much. I wouldn't be thrilled about a pull either, just because I still stand by having both the passive and active effects applying to the player and the pet. Like the example above compared to Muddy Terrain, which leads me to think the active should be altered once again. Maybe a weaker version of its old active or a different unique, timed buff.

An active of you and your pet dealing 10% additional damage for 8s (instead of the old 25% since it has a much lower cd than before, 40 vs 60) or for 4s, all attacks you and your pet do are critical strikes. Trade in crit damage for guaranteed crits. Might be able to work that into moderate to moderately-low precision builds.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:Passive is solid. Active, not so much. I wouldn't be thrilled about a pull either, just because I still stand by having both the passive and active effects applying to the player and the pet. Like the example above compared to Muddy Terrain, which leads me to think the active should be altered once again. Maybe a weaker version of its old active or a different unique, timed buff.

An active of you and your pet dealing 10% additional damage for 8s (instead of the old 25% since it has a much lower cd than before, 40 vs 60) or for 4s, all attacks you and your pet do are critical strikes. Trade in crit damage for guaranteed crits. Might be able to work that into moderate to moderately-low precision builds.

The active atm is a root to control enemies arround you. This is specially useful for range characters. How about a pull arround your pet? This could give soulbeast good use of it in beastmode. It would affect your pet and it would benefit range characters to control enemies. Hybrid druids could also benefit greatly from this with ancient seeds and even more crowd control.

I equip this signet often ONLY for the passive and never once did I find the active useful, sadly.It's never worth activating it.The main reason being the passive also applies to pet too, so it's a double increase on both you and your pet.

On top of that, a flat stat boost utility beats most of the new stance/ utility Ranger got makes me feels even sadder.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:The active atm is a root to control enemies arround you. This is specially useful for range characters. How about a pull arround your pet? This could give soulbeast good use of it in beastmode. It would affect your pet and it would benefit range characters to control enemies. Hybrid druids could also benefit greatly from this with ancient seeds and even more crowd control.

I'm still not entirely sure on it, even if it were to apply to the pet. Sure, the active root controls enemies around you, but as stated earlier, Muddy Terrain does that - and for the same cast time, lower cooldown, more control, and can be done at range.

It's just a preference for me for the active to be power-focused rather than control, especially when this active is essentially a PBAoE immobilize trap, a weak one at that.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:The active atm is a root to control enemies arround you. This is specially useful for range characters. How about a pull arround your pet? This could give soulbeast good use of it in beastmode. It would affect your pet and it would benefit range characters to control enemies. Hybrid druids could also benefit greatly from this with ancient seeds and even more crowd control.

I'm still not entirely sure on it, even if it were to apply to the pet. Sure, the active root controls enemies around you, but as stated earlier, Muddy Terrain does that - and for the same cast time, lower cooldown, more control, and can be done at range.

It's just a preference for me for the active to be power-focused rather than control, especially when this active is essentially a PBAoE immobilize trap, a weak one at that.

Lets look on the other signet actives:1 is condi remove/supportish (Renewal)1 is defensive oriented (Stone)1 is offensive oriented (Hunt)1 is crowd controlish, utility (Wild)

The increased dmg output could put onto the signet of the Hunt as the offensive signet.So there would be an agressive signet to choose from. The utility spot for wild seems good IMO but i am still missing the stability and a stunbreak on this signet maybe they could reduce the CD on renewal and put the stunbreak on wild. It would make it atleast worth to push.

That seems like a better alternative. Adding a damage boost on Hunt's active since the cooldown increased when it was changed to unblockable was... different.

A discussion on the stun break being shifted from Renewal to Wild is something I'd like to see more chime in about. It would definitely up Wild's active in terms of utility when paired with the current effects.

I don't care about the rooting effect. Just the quick cast + stability or a change to an instant cast stability is all I feel it needs to be a strong active. Swiftness/Superspeed would be a fun addition on top of it too, but totally unnecessary.

Then all we'd need is a change to Renewal to make it 1200 range and we're all set on signets.

Archived