Lunar-Enchanted Gloves

Seems like the Lunar-Enchanted Gloves from the Meta achievement are retouched old skins.Feathered (light), Prowler (medium) and Scale (heavy).

Are you serious? This has to be the most disappointing Meta Achievement reward in a long time.

Can't say anything about the effect, since it doesn't show in preview for whatever reason, but the base skins are definitely meh.

@Fenom.9457 said:Yeah the reusing weapon sets was cool enough, especially because the added effects are usually pretty cool. But the meta rewards have always been brand new skins, this is pretty crappy of them. Not even a good choice of gloves either

Yeah, last years weapon skins being the only season event weapon skins that aren't unique already made it clear that Lunar New Year is the unloved middle child of the seasonal events, but these gloves just put the final nail in the coffin to confirm that for me.

Yeah. I guess working on the expansion is their main focus. +other festivals also get those weapon sets where the ones from the dailies get some minor adjustment (different effect and stuff).

Armor always looked less interesting for me. I mainly liked some of the festival weapons. The basic ones from the chests for doing a few daily sets. (Holographic and stuff.)

Here we also have to consider that the annuals are only few ... and pretty fast do do. (Not even one that feels really grindy.) Can't expect much reward here. Overall this festival feels more like a "filler" to fill some time until the other releases. Considering that - except the Dragon Ball Arena - most other stuff seems boring there.

At least they try to make it a bit more interesting though: The changes to the celestial challenge. (Still too long for me. Doing it only once daily. The fireworks adventures are already too long that I might not do them every day.) Basically I'm back to only doing dailies (like with all the other festivals) ... still too much other content left to play. Can't spend too much time here.

Oh they do glow. I thought they were just plain gloves, then realised later I'd stupidly previewed them on a character with a few different glowy effects already applied so I may have missed it. I'll have to try them on one of my plainer characters, or just wait until I unlock them (probably at the weekend).

@Danikat.8537 said:Oh they do glow. I thought they were just plain gloves, then realised later I'd stupidly previewed them on a character with a few different glowy effects already applied so I may have missed it. I'll have to try them on one of my plainer characters, or just wait until I unlock them (probably at the weekend).

apparently the preview is borked you need to equip them to see it.

@AysonCurrax.3254 said:Seems like the Lunar-Enchanted Gloves from the Meta achievement are retouched old skins.Feathered (light), Prowler (medium) and Scale (heavy).

Are you serious? This has to be the most disappointing Meta Achievement reward in a long time.

Can't say anything about the effect, since it doesn't show in preview for whatever reason, but the base skins are definitely meh.For an acheivement that took less than a half hour?The effect is subtle and nice.I'm pretty happy with them.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@AysonCurrax.3254 said:Seems like the Lunar-Enchanted Gloves from the Meta achievement are retouched old skins.Feathered (light), Prowler (medium) and Scale (heavy).

Can't say anything about the effect, since it doesn't show in preview for whatever reason, but the base skins are definitely meh.For an acheivement that took less than a half hour?The effect is subtle and nice.I'm pretty happy with them.

Considering they made a unique shoulder skin for the same low effort meta achievement last year, i was kinda expecting the same for this year.But i guess it is what it is. If some can at least enjoy these, i guess they aren't a complete miss.

@AysonCurrax.3254 said:

Considering they made a unique shoulder skin for the same low effort meta achievement last year, i was kinda expecting the same for this year.But i guess it is what it is. If some can at least enjoy these, i guess they aren't a complete miss.Those shoulders were ugly AF. I have never seen a single person with them on.Yeah let's live in a world where we are disappointed didn't get more of
that

To be honest, I thought it was pretty lame I was getting basic skins I already had with just a slight coloration change. Then again I guess repurposing is the MO for Lunar Festival... the entire weapon set is pretty much just a somewhat cheap pre-existing weapon with a little glow. I've never been impressed with the Shining Aureate set and don't have any of them unlocked.I'm only doing this festival this year because of achievement points.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

Considering they made a unique shoulder skin for the same low effort meta achievement last year, i was kinda expecting the same for this year.But i guess it is what it is. If some can at least enjoy these, i guess they aren't a complete miss.Those shoulders were ugly AF. I have never seen a single person with them on.Yeah let's live in a world where we are disappointed didn't get more of
that

to be fair, i never said they look good. I just said they are unique.

@Blocki.4931 said:Better than nothing, which I expected since they are working on the expansion.

Yeah let's put out this excuse for everything from now on.No new skins or reused skins? Well but they're working on an expansion.New episodes of living season being the worst of the whole saga? Well but they're working on an expansion.Kitten!

In the end it seems like the entire ice brood saga was a big filler. Shouldn't have promised down heaven and earth and instead admit it's a filler and instead focus even more on the upcoming expansion to ensure a great revival rather than half baked things.Atleast the event gives lots of MF booster fireworks.