Lucky Red Bag

Belorn.2659

@Linken.6345 said:What have they done?

They've added a loot bag you can buy as many of as you want (provided you have the luck to pay for them). The bags are affected by magic find, and of the few hundred I opened, the value of the objects therein was about 1.5 gold. Total.

Not worth it to me, but I'm sure someone out there has been looking for something to do with their massive luck stockpile.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:

They've added a loot bag you can buy as many of as you want (provided you have the luck to pay for them). The bags are affected by magic find, and of the few hundred I opened, the value of the objects therein was about 1.5 gold. Total.

Not worth it to me, but I'm sure someone out there has been looking for something to do with their massive luck stockpile.

Dont that give less then sacrificing them to droburt?

I suppose Anet don't want to make the bags too desirable, so players will still prioritise increasing magic find and the various crafting recipies and things luck can be used for. But it's nice to know there's a way to convert them into gold if you have more than you know what to do with.

(I'm a long way off that point myself, I still haven't even maxed magic find and I doubt it will happen any time soon. But it seems like sooner or later everyone will run out of uses for luck, so an infinite use is still welcome.)

@Linken.6345 said:

Dont that give less then sacrificing them to droburt?

You also have a chance at the 8.88g item

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lucky_Red_Bag

@AgentMoore.9453 said:

What's your MF? The conversion rate for drooburt is about .7c/1Luck, I opened like 8 and got about 12s of junk (about .8c/1Luck). But that sucks if it's not equivalent to drooburt. I had about 400 MF at the time of opening.

@"trouble.3562" said:you get something if you give LUCK to droobut? i saw nothing

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lunar_New_Year

• Drooburt's Ghost accepts 1000 luck (in any combination) for the New Year, New Quaggan achievement, which is infinitely repeatable for a reward of eight Red Festival Lanterns (7 Silver coin 4 Copper coin per 1000 luck).

Thats what we used to get for our luck before this year so I agree with OP nice change

Just cashed in 4800 exotic luck with 708 MF. I got .67c per luck excluding the one exotic backpack that dropped. Got zero of the "valuable" trophies! So, pretty rare!

If I hadn't got that one nice item it would have been (just) worse than Drooburt, but obviously saving a whole lot of clicking! With the one 6g+ item I got .74c per luck, so a small profit. But, again, that is with 700 MF