Roamers - post up your best take down

Blockhead Magee.3092

1 v 1 and zeglet bag farms are fine, but this fight stood out for me.

Enemy borderland NEC. Two red dots (thief, guardian & not borderland owners). On my warrior and charged in. The guardian was decent, but the thief wasn't. Took out the thief in short order and ground down the guardian. Yay. Worked on finishing the cap they started when a guardian from the borderland owner showed up, fought him, npcs started to respawn. Killed the guardian, killed the NPC as a warrior from the home borderland showed up. Good long fight - npc continue to respawn. Take out warrior, finish off npcs. Guardian shows up (same one). Take him out one more time and finish the cap.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course you realise that without video proof anyone could make up anything right?

Anyway, there are times I feel good about fights, (like I actually knew what I was doing after :)) but I haven't had a memorable one in a while.

The funniest however happen all the time, jump jump dance hotshots that end up dying to gravity trying to get to you just standing there minding your own business. Even better when you're fighting 3+ and your zerg rolls by and slaughters all of them then just keeps going. Yeah, you'll get accused of calling in a zerg, even if you weren't paying attention to the tag rolling towards you or were too busy mashing buttons to type HELP, but, it doesn't make it any less funny when they get a taste of their own medicine.

Never been very good at pvp, but my best one:

Taking on a camp solo with my Dragonhunter. All of a sudden a mesmer and 2 thieves pop up out of nowhere (thankfully their poor timing saved me from the burst ambush damage; i'd been using my invulnerability skill when they came out of stealth). I had just dropped my traps and managed to yank them all in with my greatsword 5 pull and between my traps and my whirl I killed all 3.

I even got the camp!

Then I got rekt by a new thief who i never managed to even touch. Thems the shakes lol.

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:1 v 1 and zeglet bag farms are fine, but this fight stood out for me.

Enemy borderland NEC. Two red dots (thief, guardian & not borderland owners). On my warrior and charged in. The guardian was decent, but the thief wasn't. Took out the thief in short order and ground down the guardian. Yay. Worked on finishing the cap they started when a guardian from the borderland owner showed up, fought him, npcs started to respawn. Killed the guardian, killed the NPC as a warrior from the home borderland showed up. Good long fight - npc continue to respawn. Take out warrior, finish off npcs. Guardian shows up (same one). Take him out one more time and finish the cap.

^^^Spellbreaker sighting...

A recent one I remember was 1v3 on full zerk Gunflame Berserker near Durios against a Deadeye, DH and core ele all of whom must've been zerker, too, since as soon as the DH got me in combat I popped "To the Limit Heal" aka full adrenaline and 1HKO'd the thief from a distance, entered Rampage elite (since my stability wore off from the sentry NPC interrupting me) and basically just aa'd the downed to death whilst dishing out 4k+ crits to the others around me; they were trying to rez through my prior activation of Might Signet.

Another funny one I recall was 2 years ago in EOTM playing a silly build I came up with on my engi that involved all the CC's/knockbacks I could cram on my bar including rifle when I was ambushed by a ranger and mes. I baited them across a bridge keeping fair distance near the lower section of the map, set up my thumper turret near the edge and stealthed with the elixir, used rifle #4 on the ranger as he rounded the corner and off the edge he went. The mes was a bit daunting since I almost got nuked by his combo. I remember being super low health but the thumper interrupted him inevitably allowing me to use battering ram - off the ledge he flew.

I wouldn't call these amazing pro experiences but they sure were funny, for me anyway.

EDIT: grammar fixed.

@Gahzirra.8639 said:

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:1 v 1 and zeglet bag farms are fine, but this fight stood out for me.

^^^Spellbreaker sighting...

This was before POF

I still dont' run spellbreaker.

Not the most heroic one, but it made me chuckle.

Camp above crypt in DBL, owned by my team (red). Felt like something was going on, so went to see : supervisor down, 4 green dots, 3 blue ones in a big brawl of uncertain outcome. I was the only red dot around... Fortunately, they downed the supervisor a bit on the side... So I went and revived the poor sylvari, while the blue+green didn't pay that much attenion and their numbers were gently falling down. And then, the supervisor and I proceeded to finish them all ! (with some reinforcement in the end).

@"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:another thread, highlighting nothing but players at a huge disadvantage, its the only way to pull off such feats as 1 v 4+... I wonder if roamers get tired of fighting players who are inexperienced?In my case: My thief has been destroyed; like quartered, burned, thrown into the water and finally been pissed on.I was the weakest spec back then, now I'm none. Thanks to the "we must make our game more PvE friendly"

ETA: And I was fighting everybody back then, not just inexperienced players - but the whole story about my 1 vs 8 was really funny because I wanted to hit an ambient to see how high my damage could be. And came through that camp on my way there, finished the 8, got aan ambient, posted my 300?k damage in chat and they were "Yeah, well, if you can't fight against players.." =)

@Jana.6831 said:

@"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:another thread, highlighting nothing but players at a huge disadvantage, its the only way to pull off such feats as 1 v 4+... I wonder if roamers get tired of fighting players who are inexperienced?In my case: My thief has been destroyed; like quartered, burned, thrown into the water and finally been pissed on.I was the weakest spec back then, now I'm none. Thanks to the "we must make our game more PvE friendly"

ETA: And I was fighting everybody back then, not just inexperienced players - but the whole story about my 1 vs 8 was really funny because I wanted to hit an ambient to see how high my damage could be. And came through that camp on my way there, finished the 8, got aan ambient, posted my 300?k damage in chat and they were "Yeah, well, if you can't fight against players.." =)

Just ignore the troll.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:another thread, highlighting nothing but players at a huge disadvantage, its the only way to pull off such feats as 1 v 4+... I wonder if roamers get tired of fighting players who are inexperienced?

I really don't understand what the hell is wrong with you. Who complains about gaining an advantage in a competitive gamemode, where the goal is to literally... GAIN THE ADVANTAGE.

So if someone works hard to better themselves, all of a sudden its unfair and they should be belittled by people like you for their feats. If I practice hard enough where I can actually pull off a 1v4, why shouldn't I be congratulated for my efforts rather than being told that I should be shunned for doing so?

Seriously, leave us alone. Your posts have done nothing but aggravate people.

No, we don't get tired of fighting players who aren't as experienced as us. It's called winning. You practice hard, you win more fights. Do you not understand how this works? It's fucking PvP.

Archived